Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: 4/24 Patch Opinions

2»

Comments

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by oddjobs74

Originally posted by Kasmos

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by panchoe

What MMO has launched that wasn't a "paid beta"?  
    Can we put that in the garbage with fanboi, nerd rage, and butt hurt please?

Perspective please. You need it. Darkfall has single handily redefined, and solidified the definition of "Pay to beta test".

Please yourself, give me one example of a MMO that had a flawless or even not so bad release.

The perspective i was asking you to have was, most MMO's are about 500x more complicated than darkfall and didn't have the ineptitude to promises things so far out of the realm of ability, that the list a launch was 1/10 the size. They are still figuring out core features, core features they copied from 10 year old games, that have since been removed from those games, as the design itself was flawed.

If i gave you list, you would just come back citing things, with out understanding the scope of what was launched, or, what a good launch IS.

Darkfall is in beta right now, and you have to pay to test it for them.

However, LOTRO, Free relms, DAOC, DnD online, and many many others.Your personal opinion about a games theme, systems, or art style is irrelevant to a good launch.

500x more complicated? You mean to tell me that all those "autoaim and click a spell" MMOs out on the market (there's a TON of them), are wayyy more complicated that Darkfall's first person combat, lack of auto-aim, and the list can go on?

Paaaaalleeeasssssseeeeeeeeeee...................   I'll agree that it was launched a little too early, but if it launched in the state it is in one month after it was launched, it's be leaps and bounds above most other MMOs. Hell, I've only crashed once in all my hours of playing, and it was from that crappy bindstone crash.

yes the games you mention a a billion times more complicated than run away from person or chase person and click on person with 1 attack while runing arround in circles when the chase is over with 1 attack. This takes zero skill. all you have to do is follow the person with the mouse.

Explain how?

When I engage an enemy, I have to monitor my stamina usage, I have to use appropriate food and if necessary, potions, I have over 12 spells right now that I can use for combat, buffing, evasion, even confusing other players. I have archery that I have to aim and account for gravity, arc, and where my enemy is going to be. I use a two-handed sword in which I have to time my blocks in order to not overuse stamina and avoid massive damage, and try to get into a position where my hit will most certainly connect and not be wasted.

You obviously haven't played the game and are merely trolling, but to each his own. The combat system in Darkfall is leaps and bounds over the majority (if not all) of the theme-park MMOs on the market. Count all of the other stuff there is to do in Darkfall, and it's most certainly very complex.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by oddjobs74

Perspective please. You need it. Darkfall has single handily redefined, and solidified the definition of "Pay to beta test".

Please yourself, give me one example of a MMO that had a flawless or even not so bad release.

The perspective i was asking you to have was, most MMO's are about 500x more complicated than darkfall and didn't have the ineptitude to promises things so far out of the realm of ability, that the list a launch was 1/10 the size. They are still figuring out core features, core features they copied from 10 year old games, that have since been removed from those games, as the design itself was flawed.

If i gave you list, you would just come back citing things, with out understanding the scope of what was launched, or, what a good launch IS.

Darkfall is in beta right now, and you have to pay to test it for them.

However, LOTRO, Free relms, DAOC, DnD online, and many many others.Your personal opinion about a games theme, systems, or art style is irrelevant to a good launch.

500x more complicated? You mean to tell me that all those "autoaim and click a spell" MMOs out on the market (there's a TON of them), are wayyy more complicated that Darkfall's first person combat, lack of auto-aim, and the list can go on?

Paaaaalleeeasssssseeeeeeeeeee...................   I'll agree that it was launched a little too early, but if it launched in the state it is in one month after it was launched, it's be leaps and bounds above most other MMOs. Hell, I've only crashed once in all my hours of playing, and it was from that crappy bindstone crash.

yes the games you mention a a billion times more complicated than run away from person or chase person and click on person with 1 attack while runing arround in circles when the chase is over with 1 attack. This takes zero skill. all you have to do is follow the person with the mouse.

Explain how?

When I engage an enemy, I have to monitor my stamina usage, I have to use appropriate food and if necessary, potions, I have over 12 spells right now that I can use for combat, buffing, evasion, even confusing other players. I have archery that I have to aim and account for gravity, arc, and where my enemy is going to be. I use a two-handed sword in which I have to time my blocks in order to not overuse stamina and avoid massive damage, and try to get into a position where my hit will most certainly connect and not be wasted.

You obviously haven't played the game and are merely trolling, but to each his own. The combat system in Darkfall is leaps and bounds over the majority (if not all) of the theme-park MMOs on the market. Count all of the other stuff there is to do in Darkfall, and it's most certainly very complex.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593

Good job trying to explain why I'm wrong Mrbloodworth. I still don't see how a game where you click on target A, click on spell B, and get a result C is more complex then what Darkfall has to offer.

I'm still waiting.

• liberalguyliberalguy Member UncommonPosts: 118

WoW had a great release. The *only* real problem at launch was that it was more popular than Blizzard had planned for but there weren't any fundamental problems with the game itself.

• liberalguyliberalguy Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by xecollons

The matter is that DF comes from an amateur company, unlike LOTRO. And tries to refresh MMORPGs, unlike LOTRO.
    How many of you have played DF? Not many, if you accept reviews with a lot of lies, like Eurogamer's...

Name one lie in the eurogamer review of Darkfall. Something that they said that you can prove is not true.

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Originally posted by liberalguy

Originally posted by xecollons

The matter is that DF comes from an amateur company, unlike LOTRO. And tries to refresh MMORPGs, unlike LOTRO.
    How many of you have played DF? Not many, if you accept reviews with a lot of lies, like Eurogamer's...

Name one lie in the eurogamer review of Darkfall. Something that they said that you can prove is not true.

You obviously have not played darkfall either,  a TWO lies are spotted in the Third paragraphs and the rest is just BULLSHIT opinions.  The reviewer did not review any of the darkfall systems and features just the basics.  The whole this is a basic Cryfest cuz he was soo pissed of from sucking so bad.

"As with many MMOs, you walk around using the WASD keys. However, to 'do' anything - talk to an NPC, bind yourself to a location, loot a corpse, and so on - you have to click the right mouse button to toggle between interaction or movement mode. Unbelievably, to do anything that involves any interaction at all, you have to stop still - this includes any and all inventory management, looting, chatting - anything interactive."

This is completely bullshit.  The wording is wrong and manipulated to simulate something to scare everyone away from the game.

In truth you interact with the game world using the F key.  The only thing the Right mouse click does is interact with the User interface.  After you click F while targeting the loot,npc, or anything in the game your right mouse click interface mode does pop up but it is not as tedious as the reviewer makes it out to be.  It actually is a great system and I cant think of a better one in a FPS User interface.

The second lie is when he said any interaction requires you to stand still.

Just as every other game you can do anything while NumLock Running.  There is no difference then any other MMO. Another point to note here is you can also do anything while Harvesting.  Your character auto-harvests nodes and u can do anything with the UI.  This is important so u can manage diplomacy, clan members and basically check anything and set up anything in the game while harvesting and skilling up.

I hope you please stop backing up this moron of a reviewer who didn't even play the game.  Many other lies are in this review and I just named 2 from the third paragraph.