Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Space Combat? or vehicle combat for that matter?

Been looking around but I can't find any answers. Will you be able to pilot a ship in this game? or a land speeder, At At, Ton Ton? or is this a purely avatar game?

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Good question. So far we havent seen ANYTHING about space, so my guess is they will make the avatar based game first and release the space prolly later, similar to the Jump to Lightspeed expansion. Personally I prefer it that way, better make good ground/planet gameplay first and then proper space, instead of making both at the same time and both half-assed.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Originally posted by Elikal

Good question. So far we havent seen ANYTHING about space, so my guess is they will make the avatar based game first and release the space prolly later, similar to the Jump to Lightspeed expansion. Personally I prefer it that way, better make good ground/planet gameplay first and then proper space, instead of making both at the same time and both half-assed.

What he said

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I think the main reason we feel they will release it after is because that's what SWG did. However, I think if they had any intention of putting it into the initial release we would see some screenshots, unless they are keeping it under wraps so we don't get disappointed if they need to leave it out.

Long story short, no it wont be in at release. :-p

I also don't see combat vehicles marching around with ground units. Just because it would be kind of lame if the end game has everyone fighting in tanks/whatever because they are more powerful. However, instances missions would be very cool. Have a mission where you have to fight through the outer defenses of a fort, then hop out to battle within it.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I think it was officially stated that nothing is concrete YET, but it seemed they were leaning towards NOT having it in for release.

I dunno, Star wars isn't star wars without space/ground/vehicle fighting <.<.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Well, it is Star Wars after all...SOME type of vehicle action should be in there, but I do agree, focus on core gameplay and get that down exactly how they want it before adding anything.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

Vehicles in SWG were poorly done.  ATATs were pets?  Give me a break!

Travel was instant and my bike decayed everytime I Pokemoned it out?  Give me another break!