Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I really need an mmorpg to play.

madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

Can't pay to play so i need a free to play mmorpg. I've tried so many, and most just bore me. They seem to offer nothing new at all, and its come to the point where i'm sifting through 3 games a week.

So i suppose i wanna try something a little different.

I prefer a game to have a large community, and i preer PvE.

Comments

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Maybe you could try Runes of Magic , Atlantica or maybe Perfect World , for me peronally they seem to be the best ftp Ones out there. Also you can still play the awesome Anarchy Online for free too.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If you want something good, go out and actually buy Guildwars (it have no monthly costs but it costs to buy it, you can probably find it cheap).

Otherwise the only F2P MMO in existance is Runes of magic and it is a deep step down from GW.

Sorry but you get what you pay for, GW costs very little and have a lot of content, both PvP and PvE. Only problem with it is that it is heavily instanced.

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

maybe you could try posting in the right section

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

Played Perfect World, it was good but i got ored. Didnt like Atlantica, and i'm just downloading Runes of Magic now!

I own Guild Wars, i just didn't like it. Wasn't for me.

• jefaw82jefaw82 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by arcdevil

what? lol.

Anyways, I know what you mean, Madluke. It seems like I have played every ftp game out there and very few have quenched my thirst. I have enjoyed a few though for standing out from the crowd.

Already mentioned was Atlantica Online. This was a very neat experience, kind of what FFXI should have been, well with its team based, turn based action. I actually enjoyed this and suggest if you havent to give it a shot.

I also found a fun time in Cabal Online. Aside from the overly simplified character creation, as is with most European MMOs, it has a very expansive skill set and the effects are pretty neat for a free game. Havent played in a while though, so it may have some new additions to it which could only give you more stuff to do, which is always a good thing. Unfortunately, at its core, it is a "dungeon runner".

If you can get past the childish look of Fly For Fun the game plays itself like a first rate MMORPG. Great graphics and a fly mechanic that you dont have to wait years for allows for it to "grab" you in the first few levels. Whats more, the mix-and-match of equipment allow for a pretty big unique factor for your character... even though the character creator is missing some meat on its bones.

Ryzom is currently free and nothing to shake a stick at. I enjoy this game, its skill based but every so often you can buy new skills with points youve earned. It comes with a "senario creator" so you can make you own adventures to share with other players, but it is a pretty user-unfriendly application and only the game maker savvy need apply. The game though, was enjoyable for me. Plenty of spawns and you dont need to travel very far to find some blade and magic fodder to munch on. Three basic elements to the game: Combat, Magic, and Harvesting,,, and three races (if I remember correctly) and each race excels at one of these three elements. Give it a try.

Entropia Universe I would also recommend but I wouldnt call it "free" exactly. Its free to a point, you can play the game for free but you are limited to what you can do. Without weapons and such your only option is to harvest "sweat" from mobs,that sells pretty good, but almost everything you try to get sweat from aggros, so eventually youre going to find a need to get a weapon. Unless you can find another player who is willing to give you a weapon for free... this is where youll need to pay. The game has a "virtual economy" where real world money buys you in game currency. The last time I checked a $10 USD investment in the game got you $1000 in-game credit. Also, the character creator is pretty cool for what it is. Even has girth sliders for the beer belly enthusiast. Very unlikely to see someone who looks just like you in the game. Overall, its a great Sci-Fi experience and I have played the game for 3 - 4 months casually on $10 USD. Although back then it was called "Project Entropia". Entropia Universe is a bit of a "slow starter" and may be a little confusing right out of the gate (kinda like getting dropped in Ultima Online when it had no tutorials). But if you stick with it this game may definitely grow on you and you might find a new obsession.

And for a change of pace from the combat grinding ftp mmo, you can give Empire of Sports a shot. I think it may still be in beta but it was very easy for me to become a part of it quickly. Its just what it sounds like.... a sports based mmo. It is actually put together very well. You can train your character how you want to improve at your favorite events and training is all presented to you in the form of pretty fun little mini-games. There are quite a few sports to choose from including Track & Field events, and Basketball to Tennis and more.  Because I think it may still be in beta I cannot say too much about it right now, but go ahead and apply... its a great change from the everyday WoW grind and EQ imitator.

• keligormkeligorm Member Posts: 12

Maybe requiem bloodymare its not your average free mmo grindfest. It has instances at every 10 lvls .ie.. 15 25 35 and so on. Cool possesion beast transformations. Their are endgame raids too so lots to do with optional pvp also. Its not a bad game i guess, but quest do run a little short at time...well unless your premium and have item mall exp then you can get to max lvl in less than a month.  Maybe try it, didnt work out for me but nothng seems to anymore. 

Can I have a cookie please? PLEASESESESE. OMG I WANT A COOKIE NOW!!!YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IM CAPABLE OF. I NEEDZ COOKIES NOW OR BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!

now what was I saying?

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Loke666

If you want something good, go out and actually buy Guildwars (it have no monthly costs but it costs to buy it, you can probably find it cheap).
    Otherwise the only F2P MMO in existance is Runes of magic and it is a deep step down from GW.
    Sorry but you get what you pay for, GW costs very little and have a lot of content, both PvP and PvE. Only problem with it is that it is heavily instanced.

A friend found GW for $7.50 at a Target store just last weekend. Been thinking on getting myself a copy as well.

I played cabal, and did enjoy it, but i stopped playing due to the game dying out after i reached about lvl 115. But this was a long time ago, i'm just not sure if its worth playing again, cos at the time i was in the top guild, the game was new and fresh, and a lot of new things were going on. I doubt it will be any better now.

Atlantica wasn't my thing. Instanced fight scees didn't do it for me.

• jefaw82jefaw82 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by jefaw82

Originally posted by arcdevil

what? lol.

Anyways, I know what you mean, Madluke. It seems like I have played every ftp game out there and very few have quenched my thirst. I have enjoyed a few though for standing out from the crowd.

Already mentioned was Atlantica Online. This was a very neat experience, kind of what FFXI should have been, well with its team based, turn based action. I actually enjoyed this and suggest if you havent to give it a shot.

I also found a fun time in Cabal Online. Aside from the overly simplified character creation, as is with most European MMOs, it has a very expansive skill set and the effects are pretty neat for a free game. Havent played in a while though, so it may have some new additions to it which could only give you more stuff to do, which is always a good thing. Unfortunately, at its core, it is a "dungeon runner".

If you can get past the childish look of Fly For Fun the game plays itself like a first rate MMORPG. Great graphics and a fly mechanic that you dont have to wait years for allows for it to "grab" you in the first few levels. However, the less crowded the server the better. People tend to hang out in towns and if you have player names turned on, then it'll be one heck of a time finding the NPC you need through all the names and sales bubbles. Whats more, the mix-and-match of equipment allow for a pretty big unique factor for your character... even though the character creator is missing some meat on its bones.

Ryzom is currently free and nothing to shake a stick at. I enjoy this game, its skill based but every so often you can buy new skills with points youve earned. It comes with a "senario creator" so you can make you own adventures to share with other players, but it is a pretty user-unfriendly application and only the game maker savvy need apply. The game though, was enjoyable for me. Plenty of spawns and you dont need to travel very far to find some blade and magic fodder to munch on. Three basic elements to the game: Combat, Magic, and Harvesting,,, and three races (if I remember correctly) and each race excels at one of these three elements. Give it a try.

Ryzom had to be removed from my suggestion since it has just very recently become a pay-to-play title again.

Entropia Universe I would also recommend but I wouldnt call it "free" exactly. Its free to a point, you can play the game for free but you are limited to what you can do. Without weapons and such your only option is to harvest "sweat" from mobs,that sells pretty good, but almost everything you try to get sweat from aggros, so eventually youre going to find a need to get a weapon. Unless you can find another player who is willing to give you a weapon for free... this is where youll need to pay. The game has a "virtual economy" where real world money buys you in game currency. The last time I checked a $10 USD investment in the game got you $1000 in-game credit. Also, the character creator is pretty cool for what it is. Even has girth sliders for the beer belly enthusiast. Very unlikely to see someone who looks just like you in the game. Overall, its a great Sci-Fi experience and I have played the game for 3 - 4 months casually on $10 USD. Although back then it was called "Project Entropia". Entropia Universe is a bit of a "slow starter" and may be a little confusing right out of the gate (kinda like getting dropped in Ultima Online when it had no tutorials). But if you stick with it this game may definitely grow on you and you might find a new obsession.

And for a change of pace from the combat grinding ftp mmo, you can give Empire of Sports a shot. I think it may still be in beta but it was very easy for me to become a part of it quickly. Its just what it sounds like.... a sports based mmo. It is actually put together very well. You can train your character how you want to improve at your favorite events and training is all presented to you in the form of pretty fun little mini-games. There are quite a few sports to choose from including Track & Field events, and Basketball to Tennis and more.  Because I think it may still be in beta I cannot say too much about it right now, but go ahead and apply... its a great change from the everyday WoW grind and EQ imitator.