Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worst game ever

124»

Comments

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

Originally posted by Gestankfaust

and PvPers...get a clue

Bet you cant wait for the demon equipment sets.  Being able to pvp loot the keys to open demonic chests will be interesting as well....especially since theres no warehouse or safe place to store the keys.

no....

I can't wait for you MMO PvPers to get a clue

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

and PvPers...get a clue

Bet you cant wait for the demon equipment sets.  Being able to pvp loot the keys to open demonic chests will be interesting as well....especially since theres no warehouse or safe place to store the keys.

no....

.....and whats this "clue" that people who like PvP need to get exactly? Are they supposed to realise that the main reason for logging into an online game shared by thousands of people is so they can play against the computer?

Maybe you MMO PvErs should get a clue........or stick to single player games.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by neonwire

and PvPers...get a clue

no....

.....and whats this "clue" that people who like PvP need to get exactly? Are they supposed to realise that the main reason for logging into an online game shared by thousands of people is so they can play against the computer?

I don't think either side has to get a clue, both are valid play styles.

I personally like PvP, but LOVE co-op social play against, yes, 'the computer'. I am not sure that means I should go play a single player game... Indeed, how would I even get social co-op play in a single player game? Many of the game's core community builders will come from the PvE camp. Many of the most fondly remembered mmorpgs have been solely PvE (EQ, on 99% of it's servers, stands out), so i don't think it's fair to say that the only 'real' mmoers are PvPers.

We have managed to avoid it somehow so far, so lets not turn this board into a PvE vs PvP war? We all like this game and we have enough problems with the trolls coming here to hate post recently without turning on each other. I like a lot of PvE with a little PvP, you may like a lot of PvP, with less PvE... It dosent matter. Hopefully SB will be able to satisfy all that are looking for a bit of each.

I think we can all safetly say that SB will always be for players who like PvE AND PvP, and thats a good thing :)

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by neonwire

and PvPers...get a clue

no....

I don't think either side has to get a clue, both are valid play styles.

I personally like PvP, but LOVE co-op social play against, yes, 'the computer'. I am not sure that means I should go play a single player game... Indeed, how would I even get social co-op play in a single player game? Many of the game's core community builders will come from the PvE camp. Many of the most fondly remembered mmorpgs have been solely PvE (EQ, on 99% of it's servers, stands out), so i don't think it's fair to say that the only 'real' mmoers are PvPers.

We have managed to avoid it somehow so far, so lets not turn this board into a PvE vs PvP war? We all like this game and we have enough problems with the trolls coming here to hate post recently without turning on each other. I like a lot of PvE with a little PvP, you may like a lot of PvP, with less PvE... It dosent matter. Hopefully SB will be able to satisfy all that are looking for a bit of each.

I think we can all safetly say that SB will always be for players who like PvE AND PvP, and thats a good thing :)

Yeah you're right......and I dont have a big thing against PvE at all really. I just despise the kind of short-sighted comments that people like Gestankfaust come out with......so I tend to fire their own stupidity back at them......which isnt a good thing to do really (hangs head in shame). Its just that Gestankfaust and many people like him actually seriously believe that there is such a thing as a PvPer when obviously there isnt. There isnt a PvP and PvE club that people can sign up to.

I see a lot of really stupid posts by people who hate all forms of player vs player activity in mmos simply because most devs in the past have failed to implement it properly into games. PvP only ruins a game if its badly designed and yet it can add a lot to an mmo if its done well.......and Spellborn is actually well suited to it due to the level of control that the players have during combat and the competitive nature of the five high houses.

Also although I do like co-op play in mmos we currently have too much of it. It would be nice to see a bit more variety in mmos. People need to get over this silly biased negative view against pvp in games. I want to see more of it appearing in games where the actions of other players can effect my gaming experience. I dont mind playing against the computer but if thats all I can do then its too much like playing a single player game in co-op mode......which isnt a terrible thing......its just a bit boring and a waste of the internets potential.