Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Went back to WoW and having fun!

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Ok, so I tried out wow again in light of the massive MMOs out there that doesn't really have any substance to it. But I didnt want to jump in and started playing my 80s and blah blah blah.
So I decided to roll on another server that was RP related and found a good RP Guild to get involved in. So I rolled a new druid and a new DK for the alliance sit and have a blast. Whats keeping me motivated is the sheer number of player driven type of quests were are doing in the guild. Its a great alternative to the quest grinding.
I never really "RP" before but its fun as hell when you get into character with it and then mess around with our own quests we created as a guild.
If you felt the WoW "eh" try this. You may like it (not to quote Yo Gabba Gabba or anything)

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Great to know you are enjoying yourself and it is also great to see people adding some of their own imagination to the game. I think that it is all too easy to get wrapped up in the 'handed out' content sometimes and people don't just take the time to get involved in making the game their own.

Sounds like you have a good bunch to play alongside there, enjoy :)

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

I suspect the RP realms are loving the "noblegarden" event.. one nice thing is the ability for a player to buy an egg from a vender and hide it any where in the open world... I guess they can then setup a little easter egg hunt for their friends, who ever loots the egg gets a small reward too.

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Yeah, I recently came back to it and liking it again. At first I didn't really feel like trying it again, but it's really the only MMORPG out right now that is worth the monthly fee. Even if it has been played for 4 years.

I like to believe I've seen most of the game since I had a level70 before the expansion but the only problem I ran into at the time was the hardcore guild raiding dorks. I would much rather do a PUG or a casual guild run in a raiding scenario. Also, is it me or does anyone feel that the must have requirement of vent or ts is a bit annoying? I can't stand needing to turn down my volume just so I can hear a bunch of people bicker for close to an hour on how to pull the mob. Not to mention, the blame game begins right after every bad pull. Forcing them to put the effort of typing will allow them to think more closely before going onto a massive nerd rage mode (seeing how they would've probably broken their keyboard by now). I just believe going to that stage of the game is just way too serious for my blood, I can understand a console system like Xbox having mics and what not.. love it.. but a game that was not built around it puts a large burdance on my gaming. Not to mention a burdance on me not being able to explore the latast content.

Also PC mics/online talk is horrible compared to Xbox Live... anyone remember spending 15-30min trying to get the guy to turn up/down their volume and trying to obtain the correct drivers for your mic.. test it.. then disconnecting your speaker wires so you can get the volume to go through your mic so you can actually hear them. Kind of sucks when you pay good money for a decent sound...

So yes we all have to find some alternatives of fun in this game.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

WoW is still the best PVE game out there. People may hate it, but its a great game

• bryan1980bryan1980 Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by coffee

I suspect the RP realms are loving the "noblegarden" event.. one nice thing is the ability for a player to buy an egg from a vender and hide it any where in the open world... I guess they can then setup a little easter egg hunt for their friends, who ever loots the egg gets a small reward too.

my guild has been doing this a lot... not just for the guild, but also just dropping eggs at wierd places and waiting til someone finds them.  

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791
    Originally posted by Czzarre

WoW is still the best PVE game out there. People may hate it, but its a great game

I don't hate the PvE game, i dislike it's community. When i left someone was stalking me, making fun of me over trade. I coudn't speak up without having him putting me down. GMs didn't do a thing. I also get bored fast, one or two month and i usually switch mmog. WoW is ok but it's getting old. Some hardcore blizzard fans will stick with it to the end and i used to be one of them but until they release diablo3 or maybe even starcraft2, that company has lost some of it's shine for me. I enjoyed diablo1, warcraf2, diablo2, starcraft very much, warcraft3 a little less and wow while it's lasted but it's just old now.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.