Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with Nightfall Campaign

sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

So I started a Dervish, and so far im level 8, did all the quest up to the digging site, but now I have no idea what to do to progress thorugh the main quest (I have to get rank of First Spear, or reach level 12). There's no more quest left at any of the places. Is there somewhere im missing? Or do I have to grind promotion points/exp?

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Yep you do have to grind them, however, not really grind if you picked up the bounties from the res shrines on the way

anyway, I've just started a new Paragon (hate it) and your welcome to join me through the game, add Try Dominator to your friends list ;)

imageimage

• vefrodevefrode Member Posts: 13

I've been wanting to go threw nightfall again, if you wanna team up jsut add Vefrode The Ranger to your friends list^^

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Haha Ill add you both, thanks :D

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658
    Originally posted by sanders01

So I started a Dervish, and so far im level 8, did all the quest up to the digging site, but now I have no idea what to do to progress thorugh the main quest (I have to get rank of First Spear, or reach level 12). There's no more quest left at any of the places. Is there somewhere im missing? Or do I have to grind promotion points/exp?

Welcome back to GW :) You liking NF better than Factions?

Edit: Add my Derv, Mistress Regeurk. She's lvl 20 and will most likely be helping my step-bro get his derv through NF.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

Originally posted by almerel

Originally posted by sanders01

Welcome back to GW :) You liking NF better than Factions?

Edit: Add my Derv, Mistress Regeurk. She's lvl 20 and will most likely be helping my step-bro get his derv through NF.

Anything is better than Factions. Leveling my Assassian through there was a nightmare, I only do factions to get fast XP now :P

But I seem to be having trouble with Nightfall, since I need sunspear points have no more quest, so Ill have to grind :P

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

You seem to be having the same issue as my step bro. His name is AJ the Derv so if you need a partener add him and give him a shout. Let him know I sent you :)

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

To be honest the "get rank First Spear" really sucked. I've started 3 or maybe 4 NF characters and always taken bounties for them and done all beginner quests yet I've never been First Spear when I get that quest so it always feel like "hey, go farm" and if there's something I hate it's farming... Kind of a bad way to introduce players to the game too.

Originally posted by Godliest

To be honest the "get rank First Spear" really sucked. I've started 3 or maybe 4 NF characters and always taken bounties for them and done all beginner quests yet I've never been First Spear when I get that quest so it always feel like "hey, go farm" and if there's something I hate it's farming... Kind of a bad way to introduce players to the game too.

Have to agree, I've started 3 dervishs so far and havent got 1st spear through bounties+quest, and I dont feel like grinding :P

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

That's rather strange, as I've never had to grind points.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

You only have to grind points if either you try to skip everything possible or you don't take any bounties as you go by. 

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I always felt they should have added a few quests there to bridge the gap, seems incomplete. At least it's not as bad as the Faction jump from level 14 to the max level content in Kaineng City.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

There are plenty of quests already.  The problem is that people try to skip all of them.  Adding more quests that the same people also skip wouldn't change the situation a bit.

Originally posted by Quizzical

There are plenty of quests already.  The problem is that people try to skip all of them.  Adding more quests that the same people also skip wouldn't change the situation a bit.

Skipped nothing I could see, did everything. Thing is, I did forget about the bounties about half way through, have to get the bounties every zone for every quest and you'll get a bit higher than first spear.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

Anet really dropped the ball on the rank requirements in NF. I remember my Paragon had a rather slow start. I just started working on a derv recently, and actually picking up the bounties from the get-go was a huge help, even then progress seemed glacial.

Now you'll have to start looking forward to rank requirement part 2. Once you do the third mission and leave the island, progress will grind to a halt once more until you grind up r5 or 6 I believe, so start picking bounties now if you don't want alot of frustration later on.

• Dynamo112Dynamo112 Member Posts: 240

I understand they had to introduce something new to NF and Factions to make it seem less like prophecies..but I rather they stuck with their ideas they had in prophecies. I really hate having to level through NF and Fact. campaigns.  

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by Dynamo112
    I understand they had to introduce something new to NF and Factions to make it seem less like prophecies..but I rather they stuck with their ideas they had in prophecies. I really hate having to level through NF and Fact. campaigns.  image
    Actually I prefer it,its so much quicker

especially as you get to the high end content quicker and more of a percentage of the game is high end content rather than a third of Prophecies

imageimage