Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Convice me to play this game :) I want to hear about this game.

2»

Comments

• NirumiNirumi Member Posts: 19

Hey guys, I'm glad that lots of good people gave me some precious perspective to this game.  I'm enjoying the 14 days trial and one thing I love this game is that I get to create Raki (Dog race) that I can name my dog's name into the character !! =p

I'm trying out different profession now as I pretty much enjoy Paladin (Raki can only be Pally for the Heavy armor race and he looks cute :p).  So I might as well sticks with Pally.

• Mister_BitMister_Bit Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Nirumi

Hey guys, I'm glad that lots of good people gave me some precious perspective to this game.  I'm enjoying the 14 days trial and one thing I love this game is that I get to create Raki (Dog race) that I can name my dog's name into the character !! =p
    I'm trying out different profession now as I pretty much enjoy Paladin (Raki can only be Pally for the Heavy armor race and he looks cute :p).  So I might as well sticks with Pally.

Haha cool! Glad you're enjoying it :D

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

After becoming extremely tired of Darkfall and all of the politics and bs, 2 of us from my clan quit and decided to give VG another chance. We are both 2 boxing so between the 2 of us we have enough to run most things. So far we are both really enjoying the game, lots to do, fun character classes. They have made some great changes to this game, I hope they continue to work on it.

We are working on the weapons quests out of Tsangs now, are there armor quests that are like this as well?

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412
    Originally posted by tankage

After becoming extremely tired of Darkfall and all of the politics and bs, 2 of us from my clan quit and decided to give VG another chance. We are both 2 boxing so between the 2 of us we have enough to run most things. So far we are both really enjoying the game, lots to do, fun character classes. They have made some great changes to this game, I hope they continue to work on it.

We are working on the weapons quests out of Tsangs now, are there armor quests that are like this as well?

For your level there is an armor questine like that on Qalia called the hunetr's league questline.  The armor is sop good you cna wear the pants and chest until your 40's.  It starts at an outpost on the mainland south of skawla rock.  You also moight wanna to check out the Infineum questline in western qalia for cloack, jewlery and eventually a red quest reward weapon.

Great, we will check those out as well. Thanks for the tip.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

I must be getting paranoid in my old age, but when I see a first time poster whose thread reads more like a commerical than a question, I think "viral marketing".

Especially when it's an SOE product, as SONY has a history of doing that.

Not trying to flame or troll here ( hey, I played the game in the past  ) but it's not hard for many people to see where I'm coming from, I'll bet.

haha ... well I don't work in SOE so don't worry :)

I'm now actually comparing EQ2 and VG so I can invest my time and money on either one (which both games are from SOE).  So I wouldn't do that if I'm SOE base on marketing strategy :p

Anyway one fact I want to say after I posted a similar thread into EQ2 forum, is that the response from EQ2 is not as pleasing as in here in VG !!  Speaking of community my impression is VG already had won !!! 

=)

I'm very likely to stick with VG !! =)

• eolseeolse Member UncommonPosts: 80

VG might be good game right now and you might like it a few mounths but soe probly isnt going to add much content , look at swg they add buged content once a year (hoth) still dosnt work right and its about a year old.  this is a bad investment to start a toon here imo , some like eq2 that like VG ,  eq2 is a bit easy mode but meh there maken all Mmo's easy now adays. and from my understanding all games are player driven money.

but hey if you think you can enjoy a few mounths of this game by all means play it  , thats what its about in the first place. im just giving my thoughts on it ,

• DosskaDosska Member Posts: 53

Did Vanguard ever implement that item mall thing they were going to do?  I was going to subscribe awhile back then heard about that and decided not to. Otherwise I really enjoyed the trial when I tried it a few months ago.

• flummer7flummer7 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Dosska

Did Vanguard ever implement that item mall thing they were going to do?  I was going to subscribe awhile back then heard about that and decided not to. Otherwise I really enjoyed the trial when I tried it a few months ago.

If you are refering to RMT then I am sorry to tell you yes they did. Lost a lot of players in the process, including me.

Originally posted by flummer7

Originally posted by Dosska

If you are refering to RMT then I am sorry to tell you yes they did. Lost a lot of players in the process, including me.

Damn I was hoping they had changed their mind about that.  I'd love to play it again if they ever do.  Oh well.

What is this RMT or item mall thing !! ??? o_O

tell me more !!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

How about......

Don't play the game.

/end thread

Originally posted by Nirumi

What is this RMT or item mall thing !! ??? o_O
    tell me more !!

Flummer can probly tell you more.  I'm not sure about the details but I think it's some kind of item mall thing where you buy in game items for real cash.  I remember someone saying that it wasn't really an item mall but I'm not sure what the difference is.  In any even it's too close for me.

The group of us that just started playing VG again are having a great time. We were looking for something PvE after quitting DF and this worked. Basically something to hold us over until MO comes out.

Is confirmed !! =)

I just subscribed to VG !! :D

now i need a guild !! =D

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

The cash shop thing has not affected the game in any way guys. It is only a seperate website that you can post things on like an auction. Hardly anyone uses it anyways. Totally optional! Sheesh the cluelessness of some people is unbelievable.