Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player question?

djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

So a buddy of mine has played this game for years and still plays from time to time. Im already playing EQ 1 and thought what the heck ill download this trial and check it out. From what ive played thru the tutorial so far ive enjoyed. The ship combat is cool and I like everything else. So at the end of the day today ive just gotten to tattooine and han solo's helped me out a with a speeder. Im lvl 7ish I believe. Were do I go from here to get on the right track? as far as quests and everything else goes. Is there certain ones I should do?  Im also on the starsider server as well. Its seems to be the most populated.

Comments

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

close to the mos eisley starport, you will find an npc which will get you started on the Legacy quest. it is a quest of epic length that would even make yoda's legacy seem small. it will keep you heroic, ehem, busy for a long time.

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Thanks also was wandering if I buy the digital download from direct 2 drive for $20 that comes with everything, will I get my 30 days free time since ive never had a SWG active on my account, I have EQ, EQ2. Matrix Online and Vanguard but not SWG so even though im only on the 14 day trial am I still elligiable for the 30 days free time for new accounts?

yes, you will get a free 30 days when you register swg to your account. if you play all those other games, however, you should consider station pass - it will be cheaper in the long run.

also, i am sure you will be able to get swg (the complete adventures) for cheaper than $20 if you buy it from amazon.

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677

Im not sure but I checked amazon.com like you had said and the cheapest copy for the complete adventures with everything is going for $70 which is insane so i guess no getting it from amazon im gonna go D2D

• fulham3fulham3 Member Posts: 15

As the other poster said speak to the npc call Vourk just outside Mos Eisley starport. He should send you to the mayor first if you are lvl 7, and then you will head off on the legacy quests.

Originally posted by djnexus

Im not sure but I checked amazon.com like you had said and the cheapest copy for the complete adventures with everything is going for $70 which is insane so i guess no getting it from amazon im gonna go D2D

here you go: from ebay for $15.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Galaxies-The-Complete-Online-Adventure_W0QQitemZ380120708322QQcmdZViewItemQQ_pidZ54727883QQ_mediaitemZ1QQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item380120708322&_trksid=p4295.c0.m312&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

• JatwhalJatwhal Member Posts: 162

Funny, not haha

I had opened a trial account ( I can't even remember why) with one of my Station pass accounts and SOE rolled it over as part of my station pass.

I was sort of  P O'd as I had another SWG account that I was intending to merge to that station pass account, but hey I got an account for "free"...

Also don't forget to run your 10 mission terminals daily

I would like to state that in no way shape or form that anything I receive from SOE influences my opinion about SWG or their company. I’m pretty much a typical average player enjoying the game.

• liberalguyliberalguy Member UncommonPosts: 118

Do not spend any money on SWG until you play the trial long enough to get done with the tutorial. Sadly the tutorial is the highlight of the game now and it goes downhill rapidly once you get down to tatooine. Make sure you can stomach the real gameplay before wasting your money.