Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Macroing

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Macroing makes me ill.

On the inside.

Comments

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by Devour

Macroing makes me ill.
    On the inside.

Well good for you. By playing UO you will be ill all the time!

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902
    Originally posted by talismen351

Well good for you. By playing UO you will be ill all the time!

Hence why I can't bring myself to play it anymore. ;D

• StymieStymie Member Posts: 18

There is a big difference between Macroing and Scripting. Macro's can be helpful when used properly.  Whereas Scripting is just plain cheating in any form.

• GrosCulGrosCul Member Posts: 30

Ultima Online was always about macro'ing.When i played macro was tolerated.Although they used to ban folk using third party program.But really can you blame them?Clicking Anatomy 100,000 time ain't very fun . Because before anatomy was not raising when you used a melee attack.

In 1997 what sucked = Unattended Macroing.It's when you're NOT in front of your computer.Not many ppl could afford to do unattended macroing back in the day.Because of DIAL UP connection.Even if you used a different line for your internet.Most company was charging extra money when you played extra hours.A lot of company was lying and it's was not internet Full time.Full time for them was maybe 80-hours per month.If you played more than that.They charged extra fee (sometime up to 5.00 more bucks per hours) .

Never macro'ed  when i played (pre UoR).I was only using the Origin UI.So when i was hunting in the wood and saw those tool un-macro 24/24.It's was pissing me off.Because i could not .. and because it's was plain unfair for ppl like myself stuck with a crappy host(Not many option back in the day , also because of where i lived) .

Scripting  .. It's worse than un-attended macroing.It's basicly a bot  . Gathering resource or whatever .Not only Ultima online got this problem.That plain cheating and can hurt the economy of a game.Especialy in game like UO.Even though i heard the economy of Uo's already screwed because of rare crap (Seriously a pair of sandal costing more than a keep?) .. Scripting it's the worse shit that can happens to any mmorpg.I call it the *Chinese Plague* .

i come to think that chinese just love farming.Not play but farm and farm and farm and sell it on their crappy website.Does not surprise me.because of their gdp.