Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma death server.

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

In many mmopg's, they start with pve server = normal and at a later date, they add pvp server.

In mortal online, the normal server is a pvp server. So why not adding a more hardcore server too? That server could have perma death.

But, when i say perma death, i mean, perma death and not perma death= account reset. Your character die and you should creat an other character and thats it.

In many mmorpg's, we can make a main character and a second in the same server ok? With your second character, you can go to the bank and take what the main droped in. In mortal online, i want perma death server to have only 1 character per perma death server. When you die, your character get auto delete and you should be able to creat an other one in the same server. After that, you could rush at  your bank and take all the item that your other character had. That would be cool.

Just remember that mortal online is a pvp base game and its not like darkfall where you have to spend weeks and endless hours to skill up and become a competitive pker only when you join a large clan where they can give you many pots and gears. I read that mo wont be a grinding game where you have to do endless hours pve skill up to be competitive even if you are a lone wolf so thats why i say perma death server wont ruin the game or kill the perma death server. So what do you think?

Also, even npc enemies drop all the equips you see on them after the 1st kill. not like darkfall when tasos said that each mob drop all you see on them, but when you play this game, you have to kill them many time to get one peace of them. So this is an other reason why perma death could be very interesting.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Not sure where you heard in MO you won't have to spend countless hours skilling up.  Sorry to break it to you, you are going to have to do just that.  While primary skills can be maxed in a few weeks, your secondary skills could take months to max out.  Then add your deva skills and world skills.  The higher these are, the more powerful you can be, potentially.  More playing, means more money, higher skills, better contacts(friends), more knowledge of the game... don't expect a noob to challenge a veteran in a short period of time.

As far as a perma death server.  Well, it's hard to do something like this in a game based on dying.  But.. I'm sure people would play on it.  I wouldn't though.  That's just me however.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

No, sorry. Perma death is and always has been horrible.

Especially in a game like MO where you die very easily. A server with permadeath would have maybe 10 guys playing, and they would all be hiding in opposite ends of the world, afraid to lose their character.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Not sure where you heard in MO you won't have to spend countless hours skilling up.  Sorry to break it to you, you are going to have to do just that.  While primary skills can be maxed in a few weeks, your secondary skills could take months to max out.  Then add your deva skills and world skills.  The higher these are, the more powerful you can be, potentially.  More playing, means more money, higher skills, better contacts(friends), more knowledge of the game... don't expect a noob to challenge a veteran in a short period of time.

As far as a perma death server.  Well, it's hard to do something like this in a game based on dying.  But.. I'm sure people would play on it.  I wouldn't though.  That's just me however.

And you, did you do some net surfing in their forum to say that a newb would have to spend endless hours to be competitive? I read many discussion in their forum and long term followers said them self that it wont take too long to max out. That way, it will be easy for the devs to stay focus on pvp balance. If the grinding system is like darkfall, fuck mortal online then. Many players in the DF forum whine just because of the grinding system. Its hard for newb's to be comepetitive at pvp. Its even hard for a small clan. You are forced to join a large clan because in DF, it take 15-25 hits to die. Did you saw some vids? Its horrible.

In the MO forum, devs said that for naked players, it would take 2-3 hits to  die. cloth players, 5-6 hits. light, 7-8 hits. heavy 10-11 hits.

MO is a realistic game so you can expect a newb to kill a vet by suprising him.

Il try to do some more research about grinding in mo from the mo forum for you so you will remove from your head that mo is not a grinding game, but made to be fun and not a secondary job, and the mo dev said it them  self that he want to make a game and not a secondary job.

Ho and i forget to say that even epic boss after one death, they dont come back. Read that.

(Quote by MO website) Is your goal to face a legendary monster? Well, that is usually suicide – if you can find one. But if your guild would actually manage to kill one, it’s dead. Gone. Rare monsters and quests do not resurrect or come again, whether it’s an ancient beast, a crumbling temple, an island rising out of the sea or a great ritual that fails or succeeds.

You might get away with an item never seen before, or the unique scar that tells about the experience. There are not many of these opportunities but they are usually important enough to affect the whole world and its history. All you have to do is be at the right place at the right time. (quote)

Thats mean, you dont even need to grind on boss with your clan every days because you cant.

Il try to find more stuff that dont need grind for you and you will see.

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Originally posted by DAS1337

And you, did you do some net surfing in their forum to say that a newb would have to spend endless hours to be competitive? I read many discussion in their forum and long term followers said them self that it wont take too long to max out. That way, it will be easy for the devs to stay focus on pvp balance. If the grinding system is like darkfall, fuck mortal online then. Many players in the DF forum whine just because of the grinding system. Its hard for newb's to be comepetitive at pvp. Its even hard for a small clan. You are forced to join a large clan because in DF, it take 15-25 hits to die. Did you saw some vids? Its horrible.

In the MO forum, devs said that for naked players, it would take 2-3 hits to  die. cloth players, 5-6 hits. light, 7-8 hits. heavy 10-11 hits.

MO is a realistic game so you can expect a newb to kill a vet by suprising him.

Il try to do some more research about grinding in mo from the mo forum for you so you will remove from your head that mo is not a grinding game, but made to be fun and not a secondary job, and the mo dev said it them  self that he want to make a game and not a secondary job.

Ho and i forget to say that even epic boss after one death, they dont come back. Read that.

(Quote by MO website) Is your goal to face a legendary monster? Well, that is usually suicide – if you can find one. But if your guild would actually manage to kill one, it’s dead. Gone. Rare monsters and quests do not resurrect or come again, whether it’s an ancient beast, a crumbling temple, an island rising out of the sea or a great ritual that fails or succeeds.

You might get away with an item never seen before, or the unique scar that tells about the experience. There are not many of these opportunities but they are usually important enough to affect the whole world and its history. All you have to do is be at the right place at the right time. (quote)

Thats mean, you dont even need to grind on boss with your clan every days because you cant.

Il try to find more stuff that dont need grind for you and you will see.

I'm not really sure what you're doing...  And yes, I've known about the legendary monsters as I have read the FAQ's on their site.  I've been following this game since the first day I knew about it.  So, where you get off acting as if I'm some WoW passerby idiot, I'm not sure.

Here's a nugget to chew on.  If this game offers no grind.. then what is going to keep the players coming back?  There are games out there that off you the opportunity to PvP 24 hours a day.  The only problem with MO is that it costs money and the others do not.  A MMO's goal is to keep it's subscriptions for as long as possible.  If people feel as if there is nothing to do, then why are they going to play?  Just think about it for a minute.  I played Ultima Online for five years, this game has all of their mechanics.  It is going to be a grind to get your secondary skills up.  Maybe YOU need to read a little bit more.  Being competitive is one thing, winning is another. 

There are no doubt going to be bosses that DO spawn back as well.  =P

Without grinding, we would rather grind on knowing more about were we are, exploring, traveling, more pvp, more economy (rather then grinding on skilling up), In mo, we get more reputation between players and not npc's like wow.

In mortal online, dont forget that we dont have minimap. world maps, you have to buy it, but if you find something special while traveling, you will have to note it on your map and if you get kill, someone could loot it and discover what is that mark that you added on the map. Also, if you open the world map, you cannot see where you are. You have to see around you and check where you are in the map.

Mo have so much to rp that perma death would be great. Farming on monsters like a job is not the way to rp for me even if i dont like to rp.

PVP is why  we are waiting for MO. Not pve. PVP make so much difference because every fight you do is not repetitive. PVE is more for the story, but the mo devs said that they prefer that the player change the world rather then the devs them self like theme parks like wow do.

What is going to keep players from playing and paying for the game? All i mentioned + questing, updates. What i mean by questing is like to advance more on the story/lore, politic, some reward...

MO will be a real next gen sanbox game. Anything could happen, we are free to do anything, start anywere.

• XnxaxXnxax Member Posts: 73

Perma death hmmm. Well, i play a MUD called Discworld that has perma-death implemented in it. But, you start out with 7 lives and you only lose lives when you get killed by an npc, not players. But, if someone takes a contract on you in the assassins guild, then an assassin can take it and assassinate you, and that DOES take a life. You can always buy more lives, but they get more expensive as your character lvl increases. It would be utterly retarded to make a character to just get ganked but some poeple like 5min later and completely lose your character because there is full world pvp, like EVERYWHERE.

Tried: EvE, DnD Online, LotRO, WAR, AoC,
    Played: UO, SWG(pre-cu), GuildWars, FFXI, WoW
    Liked: UO, SWG, GuildWars
    Disliked: WoW, FFXI

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465

As an old school UO player your idea makes me cringe.

No, I would not play on a Perma death server, its rediculous.

Especially on a game that has a skill grind style of play, and yes it will take a long time to grind those skills like it does in EVERY SKILL GRINDING GAME!

Don't be silly, MO is going to be similar to Darkfall in many ways because they are very similar in their design.

That is not saying if it will be good or bad or anything, its just saying that there will be striking similarities.

A Perma death server would be vacant, as it was in UO and as it was in EQ.

Originally posted by Jerid13

As an old school UO player your idea makes me cringe.
    No, I would not play on a Perma death server, its rediculous.
    Especially on a game that has a skill grind style of play, and yes it will take a long time to grind those skills like it does in EVERY SKILL GRINDING GAME!
    Don't be silly, MO is going to be similar to Darkfall in many ways because they are very similar in their design.
    That is not saying if it will be good or bad or anything, its just saying that there will be striking similarities.
    A Perma death server would be vacant, as it was in UO and as it was in EQ.

There is no point to argue with you if you really think that MO will make the same grinding mistake error like darkfall online did. Anyway, grind or not, we die fast in mo no matter what. 2 on one will be hard so even an end game player vs a mid game player, the mid game player could stand a chacne if he know how to controll he's character wel enough. Look at the mo trailer again and look how fast we die. After that, go check a darkfall zerg vs zerg video and see how long it take to kill one player and how long it take to survive with pots, magic that heal and recover stamina.

All i can say is that MO wont have a pve server because its not build for that, but if they want to add an other server style, perma death is the last option.

Guys, seriously.  I'm ending this conversation. 

Star Vault has already stated in interviews that your primary skills will be raised rather quickly and secondary skills are going to take a long time.  Primary skills are your generic skills.  Secondary skills are your specialized skills.  Then add Deva skills which are more of your exploration type skills.  They are shared between all of your characters.  This is all fact and can easily be found in FAQ's and interviews if you've followed the game for ANY amount of time. 

Then add in the six continents.  Add in traveling, socializing, exploring, questing, PvE, and PvP.  Then think about end-game territory control between guilds, a fame/karma system, farming gold, a blue-grey-red criminal system... should I keep going?  There will be so much to do.  A lot of things are going to be a grind.  It's what MMO's do.  They can't keep subscriptions without it.  Some people actually enjoy grinding, could you imagine that?  They find it a fun activity rather than a grind.  It's pretty common. 

There WILL be a grind.  It doesn't matter how much you complain about it and deny that they will do it.  They are going to do it and that is the end of it.  You can debate all you want to, I'm not responding to anything else because it's simply a troll trying to bait someone.  Get over it.  You are going to grind if you want to be successful in this game.  That's it. 

BTW.  Darkfalls failure had NOTHING to do with skill grinding. 

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

There will only be one continent for launch

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

you permadeath people are clinically insane. what is the point. you could just make the same character again and again, and most people would. all it does it turn the death penalty into a lame little remember what you character looked like game.

My blog: image

• Southpaw.GamerSouthpaw.Gamer Member CommonPosts: 572

Perma-death will never belong in an MMO, as much as people claim they would love it they would end up hating it for the simple reason death comes often.  Even if you managed to live a few days someone would find out where you are and get a group to gang-rape you so that you'd be forced to "start over".

Perma-death only belong in single player type games where random ass-hats cannot jump you and end all that work spent into the haracter.  It was possible in Diablo 2 because people could watch who they played with, in an MMO you can't choose your company 24/7.

Full Sail University - Game Design

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

In many mmorpg's, we can make a main character and a second in the same server ok? With your second character, you can go to the bank and take what the main droped in. In mortal online, i want perma death server to have only 1 character per perma death server. When you die, your character get auto delete and you should be able to creat an other one in the same server. After that, you could rush at  your bank and take all the item that your other character had. That would be cool.

WAIT WHAT?  i wont go into whole perma retarded death server, which will never happen, if you want it so much, reroll each time you die..

but the fact that your post conflict ur own words is just hilarious, do you even know what you want..