Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other MMO with a class similar to the templar?

Jester47Jester47 Member Posts: 90

I have to say that to this day, the templar in  SB  is probably my favorite class out of any MMO to date. I  usually prefer to play paladins in MMOs, but I decided to change things up a bit and read the lore behind templar. They were like an extremist version of the paladin that burns everything in righteous fire that doesn't convert.

I loved being able to play defensively with heavy armor and a shield while draining health/stamina and aoe nuking. It wasn't too bad tanking while fighting mobs either. Of course, using Wings of the Seraphim and having flight as well as looking absolutely bad ass was amazing. I was wondering if there are any other MMOs that have something close? 

Comments

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651

I think you might want to repost this thought in the general forum... since this game is dead the forum will not be viewed by many.  You would get a better answer in  another spot.  As far as the question goes - not sure - might want to check out the classes in AoC - have not played it yet so I am not sure.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Nothing out there even comes close to being as good as a Shadowbane Templar.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• eldestseldests Member Posts: 6

Templars were great at the end but I remember early on in the game they were gimp.   Gimplar.     People I didnt know use to send me tells trying to help by telling me to reroll.  

• Jester47Jester47 Member Posts: 90

I never played the game in the beginning. I played years after SBs release.