Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex Mythos (Diablo & Hellgate) developers announce new game!

13»

Comments

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I enjoyed Mythos alot and hope this game will be as much addictive.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Ive played FATE - its a good game for what it is

to me, it seems like G-rated Diablo "dungeon crawler"

you can play a boy or a girl - and you have a pet companion

there are no classes but you can improve your fighting abilities or magic casting or range weapon skills

you allocate skill points each time you level

Gamepot did a review

www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fate/review.html

• LydeckLydeck Member Posts: 80

Anyone blasting the Runic Games crew is an absolute fool. Anyone who was actually IN the beta for Mythos can tell you that it was an absoutely BRILLIANT game. Cannot wait to see what they can do with this one.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Lydeck

Anyone blasting the Runic Games crew is an absolute fool. Anyone who was actually IN the beta for Mythos can tell you that it was an absoutely BRILLIANT game. Cannot wait to see what they can do with this one.

Brilliant?

no....

Good...yes

Let's not get carried away...

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Bill Roper gone?  Check!

Lack of big name devs?  Check!

Game spawned from the ashes of the game that overshadowed HGL?  Check!

I feel a moderately successful game coming on.  Obviously, it will lean more towards action and less towards MMO, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

WoW graphics come to mind. The sad thing is, they could have totally capitalized on the fact that a large portion of diablo fans are upset at diablo 3's new graphics, aka WoW like models and texturing, lighting, animation..ect. This Diablo spin off shouldnt try to do the exact same thing Blizzard is doing with D3 in terms of graphical looks, which is sadly what they are doing. There are a ton of hardened Diablo fans just waiting for a dark and gritty diablo game thats actually good, a shame Runic chose not to jump on that. It cant stand up to D3 in its current form.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Bill Roper gone?  Check!
    Lack of big name devs?  Check!
    Game spawned from the ashes of the game that overshadowed HGL?  Check!
    I feel a moderately successful game coming on.  Obviously, it will lean more towards action and less towards MMO, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Well, I am not so sure about those schaefer brothers. The guy that made Diablo a fun game was Strain (Warcraft 3, Guildwars).

I heard that Mythos was ok from people in the beta so it might be intresting but this wont be a game I try without a free trial first.

Big name devs isn't a bad thing, some of them make great games. We just have seen too many fail lately with crappy games only selling on the names of the devs. But Roper never been a big name.

Still, more MMOs that try to make a different kind of playstyle is good, as long as it doesnt turn into Lineage. It might fail but at least they are trying and that is the min spec for a succesful game.

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

Fate rocked.  It was better than Mythos - if all they give me is an updated Fate with some multi player support they will have me!  I thought Fate was better than D2 - down with classes in my item grinder games! 

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

I'm going to try Fate, I liked the gameplay of mythos and don't feel like doing d2. Now do I buy the old Fate for 9.99 www.jr.com/riverdeep/pe/RVD_FATE/or do I step it up the Fate:Undiscovered Realms for $20? www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml

Whats the difference?

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

I think you can play for free.  In fact I am sure you can.  Check before you play.  I think you are level limited or something on the free trial - was years ago that I tried it.

Undiscovered Realms is Fate 2.  Downloading now! I didn't know they had released a sequal! WOOHOOO

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by Vrazule

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by Vrazule

Here's a quote from the linked article from the OP.  Maybe you guys need to learn to read them before making comments.  It's the first sentence for crying out loud.
    "Newly founded developer Runic Games, one of several companies formed from the ashes of Hellgate and Mythos developer Flagship, today announced its first project: an action-MMO titled Torchlight"
    Don't know about most people, but I tend to think of an MMO as not being a single player game and I've yet to see a sinlge MMO that doesn't charge you money in some form or another despite any free to play moniker attached to it.
    You'll also notice that the development team is from both games, Hellgate and Mythos.

clarification from a fansite

www.runicgamesfansite.com/2009/04/23/welcome-new-visitors/

When is Torchlight coming out?

The press release is a little misleading. There is actually a single player game (the game shown in the screenshots) being developed alongside the MMO.

The single player game will be released this year and the MMO in coming years.

They are separate games but in the same world.

Who are Runic Games?

Runic Games is a team composed of the people who formerly worked on Flagship Studios’ unreleased Mythos. The team was located in Seattle while the San Francisco team worked on Hellgate: London.

Thanks. Perhaps Vrazuke will learn to read next time rather than rolling the back of his palm across the keyboard.

You sir are an idiot.  His link is to an entirely different article, not even listed with the OP's post.  My quote from the original link is valid and was the topic of this discussion.  That article talks about an MMO, therefore this topic is about the MMO and not your precious single player game.

...yet even after people explained to you that it was a single player game, you continued to press the big shiny keys on your keyboard to type out a response that 'lul mmoer wil fayul!!11'? doh! less palming the keyboard in future!

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

I bought Fate 2 tonite for 20 bones, Loading up now be back later.

:)