Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBox 360 and FFXI issues

DeadlySwordzDeadlySwordz Member UncommonPosts: 91

Hello Everyone. I did everything that was mentioned in another forum on  what to do to get FFXI working again for XBox 360 with the errors of cant read disc, need to redownload game, and whatever other errors it gives people out there. This fix worked for me no problems. Which was Install  POL to HDD, then Run from HDD, then once on POL login screen to "uninstall software," after that go back to dashboard, go to HDD and under memory manually delete POL again. After that launch disc as normal and i been fine since.

But now i have 2 RL friends of mine that wishes to play or come back to game as well. So they went out and bought a copy of Vanadiel Collection 2008 as well that has up to WoG. I went to their houses and did the same process and it looked like it worked because it installed the whole game.

But now a day later they're calling me saying that the game is doing the same exact thing again with the same errors. Brand new game Discs, one has a brand new XBox 360 which he bought last week as well. One of them is a new user, the other one who quit and wants to come back. For me i started on PS2 and never cancelled account. So what it looks like is that new users and returning players are having a problem playing game......going through the registration process at that as well. Getting errors of server is buys, credit card number not right or invalid ...and the list goes on.

I guess i got lucky with the fix? ....So whats next? I'm out of ideas....does anyone else know what i can do to help them get up and running on FFXI?

Thanks

Comments

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553
    Originally posted by DeadlySwordz

Hello Everyone. I did everything that was mentioned in another forum on  what to do to get FFXI working again for XBox 360 with the errors of cant read disc, need to redownload game, and whatever other errors it gives people out there. This fix worked for me no problems. Which was Install  POL to HDD, then Run from HDD, then once on POL login screen to "uninstall software," after that go back to dashboard, go to HDD and under memory manually delete POL again. After that launch disc as normal and i been fine since.
    But now i have 2 RL friends of mine that wishes to play or come back to game as well. So they went out and bought a copy of Vanadiel Collection 2008 as well that has up to WoG. I went to their houses and did the same process and it looked like it worked because it installed the whole game.
    But now a day later they're calling me saying that the game is doing the same exact thing again with the same errors. Brand new game Discs, one has a brand new XBox 360 which he bought last week as well. One of them is a new user, the other one who quit and wants to come back. For me i started on PS2 and never cancelled account. So what it looks like is that new users and returning players are having a problem playing game......going through the registration process at that as well. Getting errors of server is buys, credit card number not right or invalid ...and the list goes on.
    I guess i got lucky with the fix? ....So whats next? I'm out of ideas....does anyone else know what i can do to help them get up and running on FFXI?
    Thanks

www.playonline.com Go there and contact support.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• DeadlySwordzDeadlySwordz Member UncommonPosts: 91

i will tell them to do that. just frustrating for me and my friends that its only with this game that they are getting this problem. every other game runs fine. i can't say the blame is on FFXI or playonline though. this one looks like its all on microsoft to blame. preNXE dashboard there was no problems at all. after NXE launched thats when the problems started with this game and the system itself. like the audo on xbox360 would die out or what not, constant freezes on the dashboard...lol and the list goes on. why would they launch NXE when there was nothing at all wrong with the original dashboard? 

the only thing that i think can and will fix it, is if microsoft would release a patch for users to choose what dashboard to use. NXE or old Dashboard. In a heart beat i would go back to old dash. but if theres anyone else out there that knows a fix to get my friends up and running ill highly appreciated it.

Thanks

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Hey I had the same issue with the POL not accepting my credit card. I did the free trial period, and logged in through the trial on my xbox :). Then went out and bought the game and tried to setup a sub, it kept giving me a error and would not take my credit card. I tried it a few times, and with different cards. Problem I was having seemed to be because there is only one "Address" line when filling out the billing information. I live in a town home that has a number, and there was no separate line to put this in. What I ended up having to do was use my wife's card which for some reason still has her parents house address, and this fixed the problem. Not sure what  to tell her though when it bills her card here in about 10 days :(. I still cannot get it to take my card, or wife's other cards that tie to our bank account. I contacted SE and they didn't help, just generic responses from the rep saying the server is busy(which obviously that's not the issue). I may have to quit after the free trial since they don't want my money and are to lazy to add in a second line address.

Other than that I have had no problems playing on the xbox really, only problem I seem to have is lag. If I get to a outpost or city with more than about 6 people on the screen it gets pretty choppy. I don't see this being the xbox though, rather bad coding by SE. I play other games like Gears of War, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, etc and have no issues with lag at all in which the graphics are MUCH better. I am not bashing the game at all though, I enjoy it and like to play with a few RL friends over the xbox. Being able to party up and voice chat over the xbox is awesome and allows quick response time to situations. Just some small issues, and of course the major issue with the credit card.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

I had a problem with my credit card recently, my bank sent me a new one because there was a data breech somewhere along the line and I never changed my cards in time before the old numbers were invalid. I ended up getting my one account on and I couldn't get my second account on the same card. I just waited a few days for the intial payment to clear before trying the second accoutn again and that worked fine. Maybe give it a little time.

• DeadlySwordzDeadlySwordz Member UncommonPosts: 91

well yea. SE were def having problems within the registation process and is now fixed. one of my friends got it for XBox360, was able to log into the game and all. but now its seems he has a 50/50 chance to get on.  tells me that when he hits "play" at the FFXI screen. the game loads for a while them gives him a connection error...or sometimes he clickc "play" and loads forever but eventually can log onto this character.  its really weird because it doesnt happen to me and i have it XBox as well...i log on right away....anyone know why this is happening to my friend or how to get over this?