Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GNi to host Earthrise.

GNi Delivers the Post-Apocalyptic MMOG World of Earthrise

Leading Infrastructure–as-a-Service (IaaS) provider GNi to host Masthead Studios’ debut MMOG title, Earthrise, a post-apocalyptic science fiction title slated to release in 2009.

April 20, 2009

San Jose, CA

GNi, a leading provider of IaaS hosting solutions, announced today that it will host the worldwide release of Earthrise, the highly anticipated first release from Masthead Studios, an innovative independent game development studio based in Sofia, Bulgaria. Earthrise will have global reach with planned launches in Europe and the USA with selected Asian countries to follow at a later date.

Earthrise is a MMORPG title which will appeal to players who like sci-fi and post-apocalyptic games. Earthrise has been developed for both casual and hardcore MMOG fans with features such as a skill-based system, meaningful player v. player interaction, sophisticated crafting and player-run economics.

“GNi is the global leader in supporting and running MMORPG titles. They were our number one choice when looking for hosting partners,” said Atanas Atanasov, CEO of Masthead Studios. “We are developing MMOs and GNi has a clear, industry-leading domain expertise in that area, as well as an impressive list of existing online game clients. GNi has infrastructures close to our potential gamers to ensure high speed play and low-latency for optimum player experience. Most MMO’s have peak demand at launch and GNi has supplied us with the infrastructure to handle an initial heavy load as well as subsequent dynamic scalability needs.”

“In line with our success in supporting MMO’s we are delighted to work closely with Masthead Studios to successfully deliver this exciting title to users through GNi’s IaaS solution,” stated Philip Bouchard, CEO of GNi. “The Masthead team has been great to work with and puts a high value on quality customer experience.”

About Earthrise

Earthrise (www.play-earthrise.com) is Masthead Studios’ post apocalyptic science fiction MMORPG set in the distant future.

In the aftermath of the Third World War, mankind has managed to survive and build a new society: the prosperous city of Sal Vitas. In a time where technological advances in cloning and quantum engineering have created an immortal human race, rule by a unified government rewards law-abiding citizens. But beneath this seemingly peaceful Utopia lays social unrest and political uprising. Armed factions fight for power within the new system and a rebellion has begun with the shadow government Noir.

About Masthead Studios

Masthead Studios is an independent game development studio focusing on innovative, next-generation MMORPGs. Integrating its own proprietary engine technology, the company is currently developing its first title, Earthrise, the post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MMORPG to be launched in 2009. Masthead is located in the emerging technology hub of Sofia, Bulgaria, enabling the studio to recruit local and international talent. For more information please visit www.mastheadstudios.com.

Media Contact:

Emily Carter 919-806-4477

[email protected]

About GNi

GNi offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions for leaders in online games, SaaS, Enterprise, and online digital media. In online games alone, GNi’s infrastructure supports more than 20 million users, nearly 500,000 concurrent connected users at peak, and more than 27 titles. GNi delivers rapid scalability with uncompromised performance, on a “pay as you grow” model, in the most demanding online environment. GNi’s service offerings enable rapid on-boarding and deployment for customers in swiftly evolving marketplaces. GNi is headquartered in San Jose, California with infrastructure facilities located around the world. For more information please visit www.gni.com.

© 2009. GNi is a trademark of Global Netoptex, Inc.

Direct Link to Source of original press release: www.gni.com/node/145

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Thanks for that info, it's nice to see them sorting out things well before hand.  With all these examples of how not to release your product in the MMORPG industry right now I hope Masthead takes notice. But seeing them sign deals and get things sorted out well ahead of launch is a good sign in my opinion.

The lord Koster approves!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Thanks for that info, it's nice to see them sorting out things well before hand.  With all these examples of how not to release your product in the MMORPG industry right now I hope Masthead takes notice. But seeing them sign deals and get things sorted out well ahead of launch is a good sign in my opinion.

LoL, why is your avatar so familiar?

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Jackio81

Originally posted by Agricola1

LoL, why is your avatar so familiar?

We were made in his image! That is why you find it so familiar!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• sunspotssunspots Member Posts: 12

We're heading in the right direction! With hosting getting sorted out, they will have less on their hands when the s**t hits the fan and it's getting closer to release.

I have great expectations for this game, on the drawing board - it's pretty much exactly what I want in an MMO, I just hope that they manage to execute it in an even greater way than previous MMOs.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file