Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO's a la carte Style

SlaynnSlaynn Member UncommonPosts: 109

So I'm standing at the fictional MMO buffet table and am going to pick and choose what I want.....

Dark Age of Camelot (PvP/RvR) + World of Warcraft (PvE) + Eve Online (Economy) + Vanguard (Tradeskills) = Me getting a divorce, disowning my kids and moving into my mothers basement to eat Hot Pockets until I'm too old to see straight.

MmmmmMmmm... now that's a tasty burger. 

It's gotten to the point where some MMOs have been reduced to little more than success dispensers. Don't think. Don't challenge yourself. Do as little as possible... but still be rewarded for it. Yeah.. *that's* fun.

-- WSIMike

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Hey! Don't knock the Hot Pockets! That's god's gift to man.

Still didnt sony try something like this. One sub, many MMOs. I never kept up with how that worked out. I feel it would be a solid play by Mythic to offer DAOC and WAR under one subscription

• SlaynnSlaynn Member UncommonPosts: 109

Sony did try that, but they have a horribad reputation for some valid reasons.

What I meant was to have all those elements combined into a single game.  They are my favorite parts of the MMO-Verse, it just makes me a sad panda that it's all piecemealed out into several games that have glaring flaws in other areas.

It's gotten to the point where some MMOs have been reduced to little more than success dispensers. Don't think. Don't challenge yourself. Do as little as possible... but still be rewarded for it. Yeah.. *that's* fun.

-- WSIMike

• SandricSandric Member UncommonPosts: 103

Don't you think that if there was something that included the most outstanding parts of many successful games, we would all be clamoring for it?  At some point I assume they will make a game with all this, but until then, choices are limited.

Major or Current Characters
    AC - The Brute lvl 85 macer -HG (retired)
    SWG - Lihone Su'alkn Master Ranger/ MCH - Flurry (Retired)
    EVE - Sulone - Cruiser Lover (Retired)
    LOTRO - Sandric lvl 50 Burg (and others)- Brandywine (Retired)
    GW2 - Sandric lvl 80 Thief - Dragonbrand (Retired)
    NeverWinter - Sandric lvl 60 Rogue - Dragonshard (Retired)
    Archage - Sandric lvl 50 everything - Naima (Active)
    Others (Lots) (Retired)

• SlaynnSlaynn Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by capped

Don't you think that if there was something that included the most outstanding parts of many successful games, we would all be clamoring for it?  At some point I assume they will make a game with all this, but until then, choices are limited.

That depends on what you think are the most outstanding.  I sure hope that one day a dev company combines all the things that I said in the OP but the next guy could come along and deem those elements the lamest thing since Milli Vanilli.

-- WSIMike