Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your first MMO

2»

Comments

• WRyanWRyan Member Posts: 266

SWG was my first.  Heh... what a bad way to start a new genre, eh?

Left a bitter taste in my mouth ever since.  It truely was a love/hate sort of game.  I hated almost everything about it, really... or at least how incredibly dumb the people behind it were.  But... I loved it all the same.... *sigh*

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I wen't straigt from playing SFC/SFC2/OP (Starfleet Command) to playing FFXI for 3 years. and I would go back to FFXI in a heartbeat if SE would make a new server.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Ultima Online was my first...I can still remember hunting liches with a silver katana..Oceania was my server.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• mykpfsumykpfsu Member Posts: 68

Neocron I believe was my first MMO.

• KhenthirKhenthir Member UncommonPosts: 26

Anarchy Online was my first MMO.  Still playing it 7 years later.

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

Legend of Mir 2 was my first MMO, back in 2001. Pretty much tried all the main suspects since then, but WoW is the one I've had the longest subscription to.

• miichaelmiichael Member UncommonPosts: 174

Beta tested EQ, still have original beta cd they mailed me

then to soon to rest shadowbane

then years later WoW

then EQ2

back to WoW

back to EQ2

Back to WoW

Back to eq2

and

now soon as Someone sends me a scroll of resurection, I will check out all the changes in the last 5months

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

My first mmo was City of Heroes 5 years ago. I still have an active sub to that too. I tried WoW next during a trial period. I absolutely loved it until my first few groupings and then fell rapidly out of love for it after that.

After a couple of years I camped out on RFonline which was cool but the grind was something special indeed and I couldn't deal with not having any story whatsoever. Kept playing CoH and tried DDO. It was good but not for me.(I have recently resubbed to DDO and am having a blast by the way. I like a game where you have to think your way out of puzzles and traps rather than hacking through everything.)Then it was Ryzom but that didn't last too long.

I heard about TR and followed it until closed beta and was there for the last battle: the defence of planets Foreas and Arieki(we lost. badly) and the retaking of Earth. (we won,yay!) All I can say about that time was that that year was, without a doubt, the best year of gaming in my life.

Now I still play CoX and am enjoying making my own missions and having friends run them. I'm subbed to DDO as well. Cabal online, Runes of Magic, Dungeon Runners are a few games I've dabbled in too. I'm still waiting for a new sci-fi shooter/mmorpg that is fast paced and not click and wait. There are a few of those coming up as well as some new comic book mmos so here's hoping.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

My first is kingdom of drakkar .. a precusor to modern day MMO (it has at most hundred of players on one server).

Then i tried UO beta ... not impressed and played EQ for a long while starting from beta.

• Septs_ShadowSepts_Shadow Member Posts: 10

UO was my first MMORPG and to date it is still the one I have had the most fun in.  I started on Atlantic then moved to Catskills.  No player community I have come accross has been as great as the old Catskills community.

The original Septimus circa 1995