Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is with all the FPVM?!

13»

Comments

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

I think they are doing something foolish after watching the beta video with the torch and sword.  But they could probably fix it with some artwork improvements.

No one carries a lit torch sitting in the middle of their direct field of view - it would, in effect, blind you!  Hold it above your head and off to the side, our of your direct line of sight you twit! 

One of the major issues with FPV is that in a game you only have one eye.  A sword in your view fully blocks that part of your vision.  In reality most people have 2 eyes.  Blocking the view of one does not create a blind spot - the other eye fills in the blank area. You also have very little depth perspective as that is, once again, something 2 eyes gives you.  

so now I am stuck between thinking, ick, that looks horrible and oh, that world looks very detailed, would be fun to explore that!  I think its another wait for the free trial game for me. 

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by horrid  
    I think they are doing something foolish after watching the beta video with the torch and sword.  But they could probably fix it with some artwork improvements.
    No one carries a lit torch sitting in the middle of their direct field of view - it would, in effect, blind you!  Hold it above your head and off to the side, our of your direct line of sight you twit! 

From a developer

"Yes, OF COURSE. Sorry, the torch is treated as a second weapon right now, as we didn't have time to tie the torch-animations to the torch. It's very illogical, as the torch should be held above your head, not blinding you by taking up valuable screen-space"

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

What? No, not possible.  Where is the dev yelling at people telling them they are not hardcore enough??

Given that kind of dev feedback I think I might start watching MO a little closer - I can probably adapt to the FPV after a few days.  I like the sound of most of what they are doing. 

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by horrid
    What? No, not possible.  Where is the dev yelling at people telling them they are not hardcore enough??
    Given that kind of dev feedback I think I might start watching MO a little closer - I can probably adapt to the FPV after a few days.  I like the sound of most of what they are doing. 

sorry mate, you are too late ;P

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

The main thing is, TPV makes FPV into a disadvantage, making FPV not an option any longer. SV also have to make 2 system if they have to support TPV.  So just allowing FPV is the way to go. Test it, you might like it.