Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the point of this game?

cagri38cagri38 Member Posts: 17

ok so i didnt play this game i only saw the screens and i see everyone yelling about whats the point of it..

if u played this game and know what to do please tell me..

and is this like a counter strike source game- or just seomthing else?

Comments

• Tester003Tester003 Member UncommonPosts: 58

You can try to earn money, power or fame in program.  Mostly player run with some GM oversight.  Has pvp   the only safe place in world would be in your  apartment and not tell someone the number or pw.  Mix of fps and rpg program.  Even more of a sandbox program than eveonline.  You make the point it is less misson/quest  than most.  Has apartments, a market, mining, producing weapons faction wars. Has a in program jail were you work off your crimes.  Law factions outlaw factions,  Pro business and pro worker factions.  And out right guns for hire You are the point.

• MeathamMeatham Member Posts: 12

Face of Mankind is a box.. that you pretend is a race car.

The game has the basic mechanics to let it function, but that is it.

Half of the game involves shooting.  There are no levels or 'RPG' elements.  No weapons that are rare.  No skill points.  You can shoot anyone you want.. but you may piss them off.  So if you piss everyone off in the game, it's probably not the best idea.

The other half involves roleplay (pretending).  You pretend to be a character in this world with almost no mechanics to assist you in your endeavors.

It's the only game I know that was conceived on the idea that "We'll implement the bare minimum.. and then tell the players to make the rest up."

• FaetFaet Member Posts: 23

Is it fun?

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

no it is not "fun".

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by Meatham

Half of the game involves shooting.  There are no levels or 'RPG' elements.  No weapons that are rare.  No skill points.  You can shoot anyone you want.. but you may piss them off.  So if you piss everyone off in the game, it's probably not the best idea.

The other half involves roleplay (pretending).  You pretend to be a character in this world with almost no mechanics to assist you in your endeavors.

It's the only game I know that was conceived on the idea that "We'll implement the bare minimum.. and then tell the players to make the rest up."

Excellent review!! Definately wanna try this game out now.

• Mugen593Mugen593 Member Posts: 2

Yes this game is very fun. Reading about it doesn't make the game sound fun.

When you actually get into the game its a whole different story.

The gameplay is amazing and very unique.

Every action you do has a reaction, whether its undercutting a large congloborate on the market ((Daniel Swing)) or deciding to stab someone out of bordem.

The game also has a jail system which isn't talked about much, and yes you can plan a jailbreak. You had better be prepared because when you try to brake in the military will be notified :).

The game is a unique experience in itself and something everyone should try and give a shot at.

• wilikaswilikas Member Posts: 4

There are no levels or 'RPG' elements.

incorrect sir/madam. this game is the essence of a Role Playing Game.

You take on the identity of someone in a faction and carve out your world. The GM's sometimes assist in events such as alien

attacks on colonies ect. ect. but mostly the game is player run with a political system in place. it's what you make it.

it's the best, and the worst game i have ever played. that's why it's so addictive.

• Reaper1122Reaper1122 Member Posts: 40

This basically sums up the game. Remember though depending who you elect real life friends also get priority in the ranking system. Also higher ranks are rarely punished as opposed to everyone else no matter how many rules of the faction they break.

• BenDoyleBenDoyle Member Posts: 10

Sounds alot like Mortal Online (but in the future). Think i might have to try this game out while i wait for Mortal Online.

Think i will like this new 'sandbox' type of gameplay rather than these typical hack and slash games.

Thanks for the reviews.

Shh! I'm gangstering!

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

actually i have been following FoM since last year, but never have the time to try it out, now that i do

i just want to ask a couple of questions

what about the imbalance of economy, factions and all the standings? since i heard that, the server never even restarted for the OB, so all the CB players are already like millions ahead and all the newbies dont even stand a chance to fight those ppl?

and from the reviews i read up ( not only on MMORPG.com) people shoot you as they like, whenever, wherever without any reason, and many newbs got shot right away when they met the higher geared players,so how can we even enjoy the game if all we ever get is the "older" players kept toying with us who dont understand the system yet?

so how do new ppl like us can fit in? is it even possible? like, i know there will be plenty of helpful people, as well as jerks ( it's un avoidable )

but the main question is, do we, new players, stand the chance to blend into the existing community that have already advanced far enough in the game?

So What Now?