Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF best computer for playing MMORPG

sanninatersanninater Member Posts: 16

my graphic caqrd in my laptop is finally come to an end. (clearly cause all my favorite games are now impossible to play, can not even start rappelz) and ive bin looking for a new one for weeks (i need a new one im dying when i cant play and test mmorpg anymore) so my question is: what your pc and what do u recomment me? (if this is the wrong forum im srry I dont know in wich forum i need to say it otherwise)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5x (for everyone 1)

Santana

I have no money, I have no style, all I can give u is my smile:). DONT WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!

Comments

• YamothYamoth Member Posts: 182

The right forum is the hardware section.  As for best PC there is really no such thing and it all depend on how much you want to pay.  Laptop wise, a macbook pro with bootcamp is my recommendation.

• hookshooks Member Posts: 39

if you want a desktop pc, Its best to build one yourself.

• Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300

Solid article that was done originally on a radio show. It goes through each component and actually give links for buying them as well as the reasoning for each choice.

hitechlegion.com/our-news/510-pc-build-09-a-cost-efficient-gaming-machine

The foucs was on a reasonable price gaming machine with the emphisis on MMO play.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Interesting, the article was very similar to what I had in mind.  My only changes would be to use a 4850 or 4830 instead of the 4670 as they're both really cheap now, and to just use the onboard motherboard audio instead of a discrete audio card - I couldn't tell in the end if they were suggesting onboard or not.

My guess is the OP is just looking for a budget PC, I would get:

AMD Phenom II X3 710 - $120

Radeon 4850 $120

Some AM2+/AM3 mobo $60

4gb DDR2-1066 (Corsair, OCZ, etc) ~$40

OCZ 500W Power supply $45

500GB hard drive $60

Any case $40

$485

If Rappelz is your only benchmark you could easily get away with an Athlon X2 7750 ($60) and a Radeon 4830 ($90) or 4670 ($70) bringing the price down to ~$385.  If you want something slightly faster first step up the video card to a 4870 512mb ($165)

Some other decent, cheap builds to check out:

$500 www.hardware-revolution.com/computer-systems/gaming-pc/500/

$400 www.hardware-revolution.com/computer-systems/gaming-pc/400/

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Yamoth

The right forum is the hardware section.  As for best PC there is really no such thing and it all depend on how much you want to pay.  Laptop wise, a macbook pro with bootcamp is my recommendation.

No way you just recommended a Mac for mmorpg gaming. Half the games don't even support Mac.

• dinuriumdinurium Member Posts: 79

that budget pc listed a couple posts above would run everything on max.  Cant forget price of the OS though.   I would recommend spending a bit more money on the power supply and case.    The importance of building yourself a budget desktop is in not shooting yourself in the foot by buying a crappy ventilated case and an inferior power supply that cannot hold up to upgrades.

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

Intel Q6600 or Intel dual core 8400/8500

780i MOBO

Gtx 255/260/275/280/285 or Ati 4890. Budget go for a 9800gtx+

Gskill/patriot/crucial/corsair pc8500 2x2gig ram

Highquality 650w or higher powersupply (don't spend less then $75) I personally love Corsairs psu

Windows xp (best for gaming) 

7200rpm+ sata harddrive

• SnoutimusSnoutimus Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Cody1174

Originally posted by Yamoth

No way you just recommended a Mac for mmorpg gaming. Half the games don't even support Mac.

He did say with Bootcamp, so you would dual boot into Windows to play the games. However, I really really really disagree that a Macbook is a good recommendation for a gaming laptop...I mean comeon, how overpriced are they?

You are better off building yourself a desktop PC or if you really wanted a laptop look around for a good gaming laptop, by that i mean one with a decent graphics card (not onboard).

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by noquarter

Interesting, the article was very similar to what I had in mind.  My only changes would be to use a 4850 or 4830 instead of the 4670 as they're both really cheap now, and to just use the onboard motherboard audio instead of a discrete audio card - I couldn't tell in the end if they were suggesting onboard or not.

Radeon 4850 $120
    Some AM2+/AM3 mobo $60
    500GB hard drive $60
    Any case $40
    $485

If Rappelz is your only benchmark you could easily get away with an Athlon X2 7750 ($60) and a Radeon 4830 ($90) or 4670 ($70) bringing the price down to ~$385.  If you want something slightly faster first step up the video card to a 4870 512mb ($165)

I'd go with that for a AM2+ setup, if you're looking to future proof you'll need an AM3 board ($110) and I'd reccomend an X3 720 BE (about $145). You'd have to shell out abit more for the DDR3 also, I'm not sure how much it costs in NA but I got 2X2GB corsair 1600mhx for £60 in the UK and it'll be cheaper in the U.S.A.

Either way if you're on a tight budget and want bang for buck you're probably looking at AMD, if you're not into upgrading and will purchase a new system in a couple of years you could go the Infitel route. But be warned, once you start down the path of the darkside forever will it taint your destiny!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Dreadknot357Dreadknot357 Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by noquarter

Radeon 4850 $120
    Some AM2+/AM3 mobo $60
    500GB hard drive $60
    Any case $40
    $485

I'd go with that for a AM2+ setup, if you're looking to future proof you'll need an AM3 board ($110) and I'd reccomend an X3 720 BE (about $145). You'd have to shell out abit more for the DDR3 also, I'm not sure how much it costs in NA but I got 2X2GB corsair 1600mhx for £60 in the UK and it'll be cheaper in the U.S.A.

Either way if you're on a tight budget and want bang for buck you're probably looking at AMD, if you're not into upgrading and will purchase a new system in a couple of years you could go the Infitel route. But be warned, once you start down the path of the darkside forever will it taint your destiny!

"you could go the Infitel route. But be warned, once you start down the path of the darkside forever will it taint your destiny!??"

this is why you get called out.. you cant post anything without tossing this out there.   Do you work for AMD.  do they send you a cookie everytime you post this?  are you on a crusade to turn the world into a AMD Fanboy..... Give up you only have back from people that dont know any better. 

PS :Yes AMD is a good value. but if you cant compete  (beside price and a 10% perfomance in a few App's) you can be left behind...And with Windows 7 coming out ....it was built with INtel/Nvidia in mind.  And just when you think your going to stay with your old OS and wont upgrade. think agian.  The support of XP will be gone . the half Support with Vista, will be next to nothing. Even Devs that refused to go Vista DX10. Are now goinng to DX10 cause they Dont want to go DX11.   that being said they made DX10 more frienly so Dev's would get of there ass and get with the times.  where does that leave ATI and AMD....?  the smart bet for "ALL"  would wait till september  and See what the new OS and DX11 Cards are offering.  so we can get to the bottom of this change.

"Beauty is only is only skin deep..." said the AMD/ATI fan. "Blah..Thats just what ugly people say..." said the Intel/Nvidia fan. You want price / performance, use the dollar menu..