Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exclusive footage

clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

Just wanted to let anyone who is following this game know that G4 has some exclusive footage of the game.

http://g4tv.com/  

Just scroll down and click on the mmo report.  They say it's exclusive footage.  If it isn't exclusive or is commonly known about then I apologise.  I don't really follow this game so I don't know, just thought I'd let everyone who does follow the game know.

Comments

• nathanebhtnathanebht Member Posts: 34

Think at least some of that footage is new. Thanks for pointing it out. Better link to it below. 

g4tv.com/thepile/hdvideos/37780/The-MMO-Report-Fallen-Earth-Special.html

There was a few seconds of actual gameplay. 2 rocket launcher shots killing a large mutant or something. Wish we had videos that were just actual gameplay.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I was actually impressed by some of the footage here. This game might be better than some think.

• decklin17decklin17 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

I was actually impressed by some of the footage here. This game might be better than some think.

I think it will also...at the very least it is taking the road less traveled with the post apocolyptic setting......

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

There is so much I like about this game.  From the setting to the way the developers talk about their design philosophies. 

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Modelwise they are pretty good, if they just could get hi-res textures, maybe even as player made it would be quite pretty. Not too bad, just those low-res textures was a bit turn down.

Acctualy they might be done or under work. Still it's likely they improve those upon launch as it is new game.

• FarandirFarandir Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Ekaros

Modelwise they are pretty good, if they just could get hi-res textures, maybe even as player made it would be quite pretty. Not too bad, just those low-res textures was a bit turn down.

Acctualy they might be done or under work. Still it's likely they improve those upon launch as it is new game.

It's under work.

And from what i've heard this game is apparently HUGE, so some graphics must suffer in order for the game to function nicely.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

Hi Res textures will come later.

Remember that even during the LotRO beta, Hi-Res textures weren't available until release, or shortly before.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

It's about time more companies try Sci-fi genres for MMOs.  Since I can't play Hellgate anymore, and Neocron's population seems dead (for partying at least), I am looking forward to playing in this world next.

• usnavynucusnavynuc Member Posts: 40

This game looks awesome! I seriously can not believe all the reviewers of the video on the other website didnt like it.  They are freakin crazy.  Game looks great and feels great.  I love the idea of trying to build a world from nothing like after the apocolypse :)

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

The game is great! stay tuned.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Yeah the game world is huge, FE info term says its 621sq miles for all 3 sectors.  Plus there are no zones and they claim there is no limit to how many pople can play at once.   So considering those things Id say the graphics are good already but im sure some improvements will be made if possible.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

The animations sucks, textures suck. Sorry but I was not impressed.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Not bad looks Decent and I like how massive the world is.

Will this game have safe zones I'm not into the whole FFA pvp everywhere.

Getting owned outside of towns all the time sucks imo. I out grew that shit with UO.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

Its not a FFA pvp game the devs have said there will be some areas for pvp but its not ffa and im pretty sure they said  there isnt any pvp looting

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by bstuart

Its not a FFA pvp game the devs have said there will be some areas for pvp but its not ffa and im pretty sure they said  there isnt any pvp looting

Oh i enjoy player looting and decay, hell that keeps gear and stuff like that flowing from crafters.

I just like a safe zone or two that lets me breath sometimes so I can think.

Kinda like Eve I have 20-30% of the games universe to just relax in if I dont want to have that paranoid feeling while playing.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• LimaBravoLimaBravo Member Posts: 11

The lack of epic magic swords of doom means player lootings kinda pointless ;D  Unless youve a real hunger for those prairie hands :D

Game looks great, and looks like it plays really well considering the combats realtime looks far better than Conans crappy real time combat.  I imagine entirely without any foundation that its the second best realtime combat since DDO, and its only flaw is that the specials look annoying.  But then all specials are :D

Im still waiting for my Bushido Blade the MMO :D

No really.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Looks like FO3

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by decklin17

Originally posted by Vinterkrig

most of that footage is from the tutorial
    game don't look that great, mobs all look the same, who cares about this garbage  o_O

<SNIP>

That was uncalled for

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon