Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the population?

2»

Comments

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190

Just saying the population is increasing is simply sugar coating the truth. I mean lets cut straight to the chase here.

Halgar - abysmal

Sartok - just pull it please

Seradon/Xeth - the only two servers that are doing ok

The simple fact of having 4 servers makes me sad. If we even had 10 "healthy" servers, I wouldn't be posting here.

[Mod Edit]

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

I'm a new player on Serandon, in my upper teens now. I'm playing a Goblin, so my starting area is Martok in Kojan. Not the most populated area; however, I always see people LFG, and several of the quests I am doing have been crowded. I even get blind invites sometimes; last night I got into a nice group and we did great!

I'm enjoying VG a lot, and the world seems huge, but not empty of people. I don't know if the population is increasing or not, and don't really care. I got invited to a nice guild, the world around me has plenty of people in it, and I am having fun.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328

The population is exceptional, at the very least.  I am having no trouble finding people to group with, and it seems like there's more and more people joining up.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Xeonsoldier

Just saying the population is increasing is simply sugar coating the truth. I mean lets cut straight to the chase here.
    Halgar - abysmal

The simple fact of having 4 servers makes me sad. If we even had 10 "healthy" servers, I wouldn't be posting here.
    [Mod Edit]

Well I can see if nothing else the vanguard forums have made you a fan :)  I can't think of another person thats quite as actively posting about why Vanguard is bad in most any criteria.  SoE musta deleted your character or maybe said something bad about your mother cause you are really on a quest here.

I really don't think anyone is saying VG has a better pop now then at launch or that it has even recovered a fraction of the people at launch.  I think what is being said is that with all the work the devs have done in the past two years the game has improved immensely since launch.  The first year was largely bug fixes and performance improvements.  The second year was some of the same and the addition of a fair amount of new content including the new isle of dawn.  Since the low point maybe a year ago the population playing the game has stablized and increased.

This ain't sugar coating anything this is just what people who are playing the game and have been playing it are seeing.  Now if RMT got your britches in a bunch perhaps it is time to let it go and move on to one of the many other games around?  Unless like I suggested you have found a new favorite pastime, bashing VG :P

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by ethion

Originally posted by Xeonsoldier

Halgar - abysmal

[Mod Edit]

Well I can see if nothing else the vanguard forums have made you a fan :)  I can't think of another person thats quite as actively posting about why Vanguard is bad in most any criteria.  SoE musta deleted your character or maybe said something bad about your mother cause you are really on a quest here.

I really don't think anyone is saying VG has a better pop now then at launch or that it has even recovered a fraction of the people at launch.  I think what is being said is that with all the work the devs have done in the past two years the game has improved immensely since launch.  The first year was largely bug fixes and performance improvements.  The second year was some of the same and the addition of a fair amount of new content including the new isle of dawn.  Since the low point maybe a year ago the population playing the game has stablized and increased.

This ain't sugar coating anything this is just what people who are playing the game and have been playing it are seeing.  Now if RMT got your britches in a bunch perhaps it is time to let it go and move on to one of the many other games around?  Unless like I suggested you have found a new favorite pastime, bashing VG :P

Nah, I came to these boards cuz I was looking for feedback on Aion beta and I came across these boards heh. Sadly enough I've probably been playing VG longer than most people currently in game. I can speak of the good, the bad, and the ugly of the game. From a player's point of view, raider, tester, you name it. I don't offer biased comments, just the truth.

And if you consider my posts to be bashing VG then so be it. Shows you are quite sensitive on the topic. RMT hasn't done anything to me because...well money isn't an issue nor is going after something so *shrugs*.

You could say I'm a bit sour, but after raid testing with the devs for going on 2 years and have had contact with them day in and day out. The simple attitude they present to me, my guild, and other testers. They are the ones to blame on why the game is the way it is. Now you may find it fine or exceptional. When I know, as well as everyone else knows, it could have been something more. And that is what ticks me off.

• SolarRainSolarRain Member UncommonPosts: 32

Whoever said the population has been steadily increasing for about a year now is flat out lying..

Around the time WAR released, the population took a serious nose dive. I don't have the figures for that, and I don't trust the other posters here who have posted figures. I was playing the game during this time - the population decline was very noticeable. My friends noticed it (a few quit from frustration), my guild noticed it..and with WoW expansion not far off at that time, it was pretty depressing..

I hope the population is much healthier today..I don't know, since I ended up quitting too. POTA will have a positive impact, but I doubt VG will ever come off life support...until they pull the plug anyway..

Ouch, that was pessimistic. Sorry..

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Careful. You're going to get a warning from a moderator for saying someone is telling a lie about the population increase. Did SOE invest in MMORPG.com?

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I don't know how matter of factly it can be said.  There is no doubt whatsoever that the populations on Seradon and Xeth have been going up for the past 6-8 months.  And expect another good bump to the population when PotA and the level cap come out as there are a lot of vets looking forward to coming back with the new content and levels.

Subjectively, the population it's easy to see in how active the broker is, how active region-chat is, how easy it is to get groups and how crowded some of the more popular areas are.  Objectively, I don't know how someone can argue with the /who count command... that's very clear.  I've played since release and the difference in population is very apparent.

The PvP server has always been low population and still is.  I can't speak for Halgar.

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

Some posters are a fountain of misinformation.

"PVP has always had a low population" - That is why there were originally 3 PVP servers with good population levels - Tharridon,Varking and Frengrot.

"The population of Vanguard has doubled over the past 6 months and continues to grow"- That is why of 9 original PVE servers the gamee has been downsized to just 3 servers. Yeah. The population has doubled. Lots! 

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by Trueth

"PVP has always had a low population" - That is why there were originally 3 PVP servers with good population levels - Tharridon,Varking and Frengrot.

"The population of Vanguard has doubled over the past 6 months and continues to grow"- That is why of 9 original PVE servers the gamee has been downsized to just 3 servers. Yeah. The population has doubled. Lots! 

I think, Mr. Emoticon, that you don't know what you're talking about. The PVP has a low population now. The original servers were condensed over a year ago (if not more) and he stated that the population has been increasing over the last 6 months. He is right, the population is increasing dramatically. There are so many people playing now, especially on Seradon, its nice. If it keeps growing, they might invest in more devs for the game, and this will be what they always wanted it to be.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

Originally posted by gtwhalley

I think, Mr. Emoticon, that you don't know what you're talking about. The PVP has a low population now. The original servers were condensed over a year ago (if not more) and he stated that the population has been increasing over the last 6 months. He is right, the population is increasing dramatically. There are so many people playing now, especially on Seradon, its nice. If it keeps growing, they might invest in more devs for the game, and this will be what they always wanted it to be.

Again, I'm not tryign to be the negative nancy here but the population is not growing dramatically, its growing slowly. It would grow dramatically but the retention rate is HORRIBLE in game my friend. For every 3 new players that come to the game, 2 veterans walk. PotA may hump the numbers so people can check it out, but like with the Tier 2 Overlands and SoD, it brings em in and then they quit a month later. People always speak of the lower levels its growing its growing. But I'm sorry, I keep my eyes open on Seradon and it fills up at the low end and thins out FAST at the high end. If you want to play in the lvls 1 - 20 over and over then sure the population is growing but we know that's not a reality.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I'm not comparing VG to launch.  The launch was a disaster, people left in droves, the servers were merged and the game bottomed out.  That was about 12-15 months ago.  Since that time, the game has been recoving slowly put surely and that is evidenced by the steadly increasing populations on Seradon and Xeth. 

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Honestly, if a debate over a 600 or so player discrepancy can go on this long about a game, that should pretty much answer any questions about how the population is doing. Defining improvement on a 600 concurrent player margin is pitfiul for an MMO; especially stretched over the course of a year or more.

Originally posted by boojiboy

I'm not comparing VG to launch.  The launch was a disaster, people left in droves, the servers were merged and the game bottomed out.  That was about 12-15 months ago.  Since that time, the game has been recoving slowly put surely and that is evidenced by the steadly increasing populations on Seradon and Xeth. 

After Pantheon, I am predicting another population drop-off unfortunately. Not only because of what PoTa is going to do but with the impending summer coming up.