Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta date and release date?

2»

Comments

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621
    Originally posted by Barteaux

YeeeHaaaw!

I just received a key for the beta client, and I'm eagerly looking forward to taking the game for a spin.
    I only registered on their forum a couple of weeks ago after following a link on this site. Dunno what their criterias are, just lucky I guess.
    I have been lookin to start playing a sci-fi themed mmo for a while, and FE have been one of those I have had my sights on.

Don't know yet how much I will be able to share, but hopefully I will be able to share some pics and maybe even vid with the good people of mmorpg.com (with the blessing of the FE crew naturally).

If it was me that had received a beta key, i wouldn't risk it by publicly announcing it like that.

I'm just trying to help you out, just saying that you have been invited to the beta is a breach of NDA.

It sucks, but what can you do...

• decklin17decklin17 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Brain-dead

This game seems more like Gamma World to me than Fallout.  I just found out about this game a few weeks ago and am now really looking forward to it.
    I hope they dont ruin it like Auto Assault; I thought Auto Assault was going to be an MMO version of Car Wars, but it went into WoW territory and ruined the concept. I like that Fallen Earth seems to be a lot more realistic. I also really like that it is zoneless and uses real-life terrain.

Gamma World...awsome...Car Wars...epic.....all great pen and paper games man!

I am with you...just looking for a company to finaly make one of those games into an MMO (or something like it)...AND  do it right.

RIFTS and ShadowRun are two more games dieing for an MMO.....

Hopefully FE will satissy what I have been waiting for since the days of long nights in the basement throwing dice...good times.

• MordridMordrid Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by Thekandy

YeeeHaaaw!

I just received a key for the beta client, and I'm eagerly looking forward to taking the game for a spin.
    I only registered on their forum a couple of weeks ago after following a link on this site. Dunno what their criterias are, just lucky I guess.
    I have been lookin to start playing a sci-fi themed mmo for a while, and FE have been one of those I have had my sights on.

Don't know yet how much I will be able to share, but hopefully I will be able to share some pics and maybe even vid with the good people of mmorpg.com (with the blessing of the FE crew naturally).

If it was me that had received a beta key, i wouldn't risk it by publicly announcing it like that.

I'm just trying to help you out, just saying that you have been invited to the beta is a breach of NDA.

Actually no, stating you are in the closed beta is not a breach of the NDA. Releasing information about the game itself is violation of the NDA. Stating an opinion is allowed as well, as long as you do not provide examples to your opinion. This is coming from someone who is now running his 8th closed beta.

• keenlightkeenlight Member Posts: 15

Beta testing it myself atm and all i can say is bloody great mmo so far

Originally posted by HELLBITCH

Originally posted by Ekaros

Not sure if they are going for massive release... Still this game seems realy intresting, not sure about fps combat, but haven't tried. Also I'm not too fond of maxium pvp experience.

but the setting of the game is almost "forcing" developers to implement it. Whether some like it or not this game SHOULD have the most hardcore and cruel PvP system (full loot, carjacking, carwrecking, etc). I mean c'mon it's a postapocaliptic setting, watch any of the Mad Max movies and try and tell me Im wrong.

You speak the truth man....I have to admit there is a side of me that screams WTF FE....its the apocolypse beant on survival and scaveging but I cant take ammo, med supplies or other consumables off the corspe of a player I bag in PvP....that still drives me nuts......

Its my one complaint so far of FE...its carebear mentalitly to one of the most viciouse setting imaginable.....which definatly detracts as a whole whether its...pvp..pve...rping ect.....

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Mordrid

Originally posted by Thekandy

YeeeHaaaw!

Actually no, stating you are in the closed beta is not a breach of the NDA. Releasing information about the game itself is violation of the NDA. Stating an opinion is allowed as well, as long as you do not provide examples to your opinion. This is coming from someone who is now running his 8th closed beta.

It may not get you kicked out, but every game I have ever beta tested had it clearly stated in the NDA that you were not supposed to even admit to being in the beta.  One post where you say you are in beta, makes just about everything else you post about the game be in violation of the NDA. 

• FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

Just to make it very clear, from the publically available NDA for Fallen Earth:

UPDATE (8/15/08): Clarification to section 4 subsection ‘a’ includes the restriction of exposing

your involvement with the alpha. No mention of participation in the Alpha, Beta or testing

process or details of the product may be made.

Or, to quote the whole confidentiality section:

4. Confidentiality.

a) The Product, including its design, storylines, features, characters, graphics, content, business

model, performance, and related information (including but not limited to your Feedback,

Participation in the Alpha, Beta or testing process, and collectively the “Confidential

Information”) are proprietary and confidential information to Fallen Earth and its suppliers. You

agree not to disclose or provide the Confidential Information to any third party, including but not

limited to any web site or electronic or hardcopy publication that disseminates information

regarding online games. However, You may disclose Confidential Information in accordance with

a judicial or other governmental order, provided that You give Fallen Earth reasonable written

notice prior to such disclosure and that You comply with any applicable protective order or

equivalent. You may use the Confidential Information only in conjunction with Your personal

license grant set forth in Section 1(a) above.

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by decklin17
    Originally posted by Ekaros Not sure if they are going for massive release... Still this game seems realy intresting, not sure about fps combat, but haven't tried. Also I'm not too fond of maxium pvp experience.

but the setting of the game is almost "forcing" developers to implement it. Whether some like it or not this game SHOULD have the most hardcore and cruel PvP system (full loot, carjacking, carwrecking, etc). I mean c'mon it's a postapocaliptic setting, watch any of the Mad Max movies and try and tell me Im wrong.

You speak the truth man....I have to admit there is a side of me that screams WTF FE....its the apocolypse beant on survival and scaveging but I cant take ammo, med supplies or other consumables off the corspe of a player I bag in PvP....that still drives me nuts......
    Its my one complaint so far of FE...its carebear mentalitly to one of the most viciouse setting imaginable.....which definatly detracts as a whole whether its...pvp..pve...rping ect.....

People like you are minority, games with full PVP loot drives away customers. Casual gamers like me bring profit to company, not hardcore PVP loot players. Full loot advocates play MMO only for one reason, to harass others and i don't think anyone cares for such mentality, Darkfall is perfect example. Do most of the people care about full loot? no, otherwise Darkfall would have 1 mill players going nuts.

• SneakypeteSneakypete Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Shastra

Not sure if they are going for massive release... Still this game seems realy intresting, not sure about fps combat, but haven't tried. Also I'm not too fond of maxium pvp experience.

People like you are minority, games with full PVP loot drives away customers. Casual gamers like me bring profit to company, not hardcore PVP loot players. Full loot advocates play MMO only for one reason, to harass others and i don't think anyone cares for such mentality, Darkfall is perfect example. Do most of the people care about full loot? no, otherwise Darkfall would have 1 mill players going nuts.

Darkfall is basically in a payed beta so the numbers comparison isn't fair.  They aren't ready for a full scale launch yet thus why sales are limited.  The actual gameplay is a cut above nearly everything I've played.

Casual players are fine, while WoW did have casual players, if you raided endgame things, you were not casual.  The player base in that game is misleading.  "hardcore" mmo players are the loyal ones who keep pouring money into a game for years on end and usually have more then 1 account.  They aren't there to harass you, grief you, etc.  Meaningful pvp is the goal.  Risking nothing gets old.

That being said, FE does need a little more work, but it's very unique and even though it may not meet all my criteria for an mmo, it's continually getting better.

• defamedefame Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Cody1174

Yea, but I could be off. I just don't see this game having much sucess banging heads with Aion, Earthrise, SWTOR, ect this fall.

the only game Fallen Earth would have to compete with would be SW:ToR. The others are not even looking to be good.

Read my post....I said ammo, med supplies or other consumables....thats not "full PvP loot"....I never said weapons, armor, unique items, ect...that would be "full PvP loot".

What I sugested is FAR FAR from "full PvP loot"...which frankly I am against for the very reason you quoted.....its just not good game mechanics boiling down to people dont like to loss their shit they spent days trying to get....but they do like to fight with it...particularly in PvP...which they will IF there is no risk in lossing it (PvP participation inceases and is made fun)....

Scaveging (a.k.a looting) ammo, med supplies and consumables goes with the flavor of the setting...is not overly evasive...oohh and did I mention its part of the freeking setting!!!!!

You cant tell me you would not pick up the ammo/ med supplies of a dead enemy...and keep fighting...it rewards the victor in PvP, but more importantly allows him to keep fighting.....because he won.

Frankly with out it whats the point off killing an enemy other than to get him out of your way.....

Oh and kill trophies should be implemented...noses, ears, scalps ect with tags saying "John Does...."

Last point....IT GOES WITH THE SETTING.

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by defame

Originally posted by Cody1174

Yea, but I could be off. I just don't see this game having much sucess banging heads with Aion, Earthrise, SWTOR, ect this fall.

the only game Fallen Earth would have to compete with would be SW:ToR. The others are not even looking to be good.

Aion is looking real good in asia. Its going to be a 300K+ sub game in America.

• FedacorrFedacorr Member Posts: 45

Just for info, while Fallen Earth is still in Closed Beta (NDA in force, you aren't allowed to even say you're IN beta, much less anything about the game), it is supposedly allowing anyone who applies for the beta to enter, now.

Latest info is that in general, you should get an acceptance into Closed Beta within a week of applying, now.

However, be aware the game requires serious computing power to run at all well.

Recommended Specs:

Dual Core 2.4 GHz cpu

2 GB Ram, 3 GB if running Vista

256 meg video card, nVidia 7600 class or better (And preferably MUCH better)

You'll be better off with 4 GB of ram, dual core 2.8 GHz or better, and at LEAST 512 megs of video ram, preferably nVidia 9xxx series or better.   The bottom end would be an nVidia 6800 Ultra, but you won't like what happens in complex areas with one.

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

Full loot pvp would be a small niche game. I think partial loot would be better. Maybe drop 1 or 2 items. If its full loot people would just run around wearing trash gear.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

The best approach is to make the game as they see it, then if there are enough players expressing interest, open a free for all full-loot PvP server.  You'd only need one, as most players like the idea of full-loot until they play it.  Personally I love it, but then again I'm an old-school UO player (pre-Trammel), so it is what I started with, and every game since except EVE just seems "too easy".

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Fedacorr

Just for info, while Fallen Earth is still in Closed Beta (NDA in force, you aren't allowed to even say you're IN beta, much less anything about the game), it is supposedly allowing anyone who applies for the beta to enter, now.
    Latest info is that in general, you should get an acceptance into Closed Beta within a week of applying, now.
    However, be aware the game requires serious computing power to run at all well.
    Recommended Specs:
    Dual Core 2.4 GHz cpu
    2 GB Ram, 3 GB if running Vista
    256 meg video card, nVidia 7600 class or better (And preferably MUCH better)
    You'll be better off with 4 GB of ram, dual core 2.8 GHz or better, and at LEAST 512 megs of video ram, preferably nVidia 9xxx series or better.   The bottom end would be an nVidia 6800 Ultra, but you won't like what happens in complex areas with one.

Devs always over estimate on the specs, I would expect you can run it with a single core/medicre graphics card (atleast on the lowest settings), but you never know.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Personaly I don't have anything against full-loot pvp server, if it has playerbase to support it...

As for reqs they seem bit deep apart from GPU, which might be bit understanded. Atleast I shouldn't have any problem with my main rig(Q9300, 8GB, 4870), but other one with single core +3500 A64, 2GB memory and 7600GT might be too slow for this game.

• kdw75kdw75 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Those recommended specs aren't bad at all. Even laptops have specs that good or better.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Some of oyu are absolutly braindead..Stating that your in Beta is breaking the NDA.    And heres the thing  your so damn  dumb that   you kept  the  name  oyu have here and used it on FE forums too lol.

It..Burns..

• kdw75kdw75 Member UncommonPosts: 73

It's not breaking the NDA though to say the following: "I am not not in the Beta." That is a fact that I have learned from a relative that practices contract law.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

Read my post....I said ammo, med supplies or other consumables....thats not "full PvP loot"....I never said weapons, armor, unique items, ect...that would be "full PvP loot".

What I sugested is FAR FAR from "full PvP loot"...which frankly I am against for the very reason you quoted.....its just not good game mechanics boiling down to people dont like to loss their shit they spent days trying to get....but they do like to fight with it...particularly in PvP...which they will IF there is no risk in lossing it (PvP participation inceases and is made fun)....

Scaveging (a.k.a looting) ammo, med supplies and consumables goes with the flavor of the setting...is not overly evasive...oohh and did I mention its part of the freeking setting!!!!!

You cant tell me you would not pick up the ammo/ med supplies of a dead enemy...and keep fighting...it rewards the victor in PvP, but more importantly allows him to keep fighting.....because he won.

Frankly with out it whats the point off killing an enemy other than to get him out of your way.....

Oh and kill trophies should be implemented...noses, ears, scalps ect with tags saying "John Does...."

Last point....IT GOES WITH THE SETTING.

I have seen the above argument more times than I care to remember.  I think it's important that we understand that we cannot TELL DEVS HOW TO MAKE THE GAME in regards to PVP.  We can provide suggestions and feedback as players, we can also act agressively on our own class mechancs, but if a game is non-pvp or pvp (full loot or otherwise) we may need to go and FIND ANOTHER GAME if the one we are playing isnt providing us with the type of non-pvp or pvp we want.  Its like going into EVE Online and crying for non-pvp in 0.0 space. 

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online