Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game is garbage

124»

Comments

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

yes please do.

IN THE FACE!

• GylfiGylfi Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by yukumo

Its because it is just WoW with guns.

Cooldown timers for firing guns?... my god... this is pathetic

Reminds me of fucking tabula rasa.

You're in the army, you have a gun and you had to buy the ammo... all because else WoW-quests wouldn't make sense.

When you recycle other games gameplay, you rarely realize that that element won't fit for yours.

Next clone, plz.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Gylfi

Reminds me of fucking tabula rasa.

You're in the army, you have a gun and you had to buy the ammo... all because else WoW-quests wouldn't make sense.

When you recycle other games gameplay, you rarely realize that that element won't fit for yours.

Next clone, plz.

only an unobservant d-bag would compare this game to WoW and call it a clone....

next troll please...

• GylfiGylfi Member UncommonPosts: 708

Heh what always strikes me is how biased  players are while they're inside their cherished game... while it lasts, that is.

I understand that some of you people feel like defending this game out of pig-headedness and you won't accept the truth of playing another clone... nobody ever accepts being deep in the gutter

But, honestly, after seeing such fanboysm in EVERY single game that a month later fell on its ass, and they were STILL praising it and didn't accept any criticizing, guys like you only sound pathetic.

next clone, please.

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Heh what always strikes me is how biased  players are while they're inside their cherished game... while it lasts, that is.
    I understand that some of you people feel like defending this game out of pig-headedness and you won't accept the truth of playing another clone... nobody ever accepts being deep in the gutter
    But, honestly, after seeing such fanboysm in EVERY single game that a month later fell on its ass, and they were STILL praising it and didn't accept any criticizing, guys like you only sound pathetic.
    next clone, please.

I've got one question for you.

"Did you actually read anything about the game before you came here and started ranting?"

Earthrise has absolutely nothing in common with WoW or any game like this. Earthrise is if anything an EvE Online-clone without spaceships, but with characters and third person shooter-combat.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by jrs77

next clone, please.

I've got one question for you.

"Did you actually read anything about the game before you came here and started ranting?"

Earthrise has absolutely nothing in common with WoW or any game like this. Earthrise is if anything an EvE Online-clone without spaceships, but with characters and third person shooter-combat.

just block the sad sack-of-sh** excuse for a troll and ignore him, you're making him feel special... :P

• zorkyzorky Member UncommonPosts: 74

Christmas is coming and santa is running after his wife with a golf club

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664
    Originally posted by lkavadas

Originally posted by Interesting

Yeah it sucks.

That gameplay movies backfired real badly.

I don't see how it backfired. It exposed an incomplete and less than exciting combat system. The response to the video made the devs entirely re-design ER's combat engine.

Isn't this exactly the response ER's detractors wanted to illicit?

As an ER fanboi I'll admit that those videos, even in proper context, did not look impressive. I'm glad they shared the videos though so that they could gauge the feedback and realize they were headed in the wrong direction.

What was the alternative? Wait until it was close to beta and it was too late? All in all I think things have worked wonderfully IMO.

Combat has been promised to be more TPS/Tabula Rasa oriented which is fantastic. TR had the best combat of any MMO I've ever experienced. CoX had some pretty nice combat though... mostly due to the great integration of the Z axis and vertical movement.

QFT. 

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Great reply tosaddict.

next clone, please.

that video is out of date, combat system has been reworked

IN THE FACE!

• fanitafanita Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Joker2240

Originally posted by lkavada

I don't see how it backfired. It exposed an incomplete and less than exciting combat system. The response to the video made the devs entirely re-design ER's combat engine.
    As an ER fanboi I'll admit that those videos, even in proper context, did not look impressive. I'm glad they shared the videos though so that they could gauge the feedback and realize they were headed in the wrong direction.
    What was the alternative? Wait until it was close to beta and it was too late? All in all I think things have worked wonderfully IMO.
    Combat has been promised to be more TPS/Tabula Rasa oriented which is fantastic. TR had the best combat of any MMO I've ever experienced. CoX had some pretty nice combat though... mostly due to the great integration of the Z axis and vertical movement.

QFT. 

I'd be thrilled with Tabula rasa style combat as well, are they going to be showing off the reworked gameplay at any of the upcoming conventions?

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by fanita

QFT. 

I'd be thrilled with Tabula rasa style combat as well, are they going to be showing off the reworked gameplay at any of the upcoming conventions?

Well, they've said they have a video made. I can't see what else they'd be waiting for to release it if not GDC coming in March.

i would think soon or around e3 maybe would be my guess.

IN THE FACE!

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

WOW....game is not even out yet. >.>

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

QFT. 

Tabula Rasa style combat is why Tabula Rasa failed, get a fucking clue.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by Mellow44

QFT. 

No it is not You have NO CLUE what you're on about dude

It failed due to content which literally lept off a cliff after lvl 40

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by GamerAeon

QFT. 

No it is not You have NO CLUE what you're on about dude

It failed due to content which literally lept off a cliff after lvl 40

No it is YOU who have NO CLUE what you're on about dude.

It failed due to dull combat at level 1.

Thats right it failed at level 1.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

No it was mostly due to content. If you did not notice a lot of people did not complain about the combat/targeting. The majority complained about content and also bugs that were in-game. If you come in here to troll at least have some legit evidence besides your own personal opinion. 

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

No it was mostly due to content. If you did not notice a lot of people did not complain about the combat/targeting. The majority complained about content and also bugs that were in-game. If you come in here to troll at least have some legit evidence besides your own personal opinion. 

^qft

• legend411legend411 Member Posts: 7

Absolutely not true.  TR combat was probably the only reason anybody stuck with TR as long as they did.  It was the dearth of content at higher levels that ruined the game, and failure to deliver many promised features.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

This,

Bugs, poor content to level up in, lack of a reason to group, also the enviroments felt to fantasyish for a sci-fi mmo, I would have liked urban and industrial areas more, but thats just me.

I initially liked how you could solo instances, but looking back, i would have liked more of a reason to actually work with others, the scaling idea was good, but you shouldnt have been able to solo instances.  Questing difficulty i had no problem with.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Eh, if he wants to troll, let him, I just block trolls on here after a while... =P

As for TR, its strength WAS its more dynamic style of combat. Endgame never existed for a long time in the game, and PvP was borked for a while as well from what I remember. I played in Beta and loved the game, but hearing there was nothing to do at the end, with no fix on the way, was what stopped me from pursuing the game further than that after release.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

man, OP does not know what he is talking about

WoW is probably the last MMO on earth i would compare against Earthrise

So What Now?

• SurethSureth Member UncommonPosts: 69

Locked due to trolling and off-topic.

This discussion has been closed.