Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To play or not to play... that is the question...

And the answer is simple: NO.

why? http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/331/feature/2913/First-Look-Preview.html

TLDR = “In Earthrise,” said Atanasov (Masthead Studios CEO), “everything is based on what gear you wear”.

I'm sorry Masthead Studio's, but as far as I know, the world is moving AWAY from GEAR>SKILL based games and towards SKILL>GEAR based games.

Comments

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

I think you got this confused tho. It is not like the typical what you wear kind of gear. What gear you wear will either open or close what kind of skills are avaliable to you. As you can learn every single skill in-game and there is not set classes. What gear you wear will determine what role you will play.

Edit: A noob can still kill a veteran player, if that noob plays his skills correctly and the veteran play his skills not so well. The noob has a chance of winning.

So it is really like Skill=Gear. As it requires both skills and the gear to make a great character.

• kanj11kanj11 Member Posts: 17

im not trying to troll, im just giving a quick heads up to people that might be interested in this game but are confused about it.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

No, that was quite clearly a troll post trying to take advantage of those who don't understand the system. Also, there is a huge market for those who love crafting, ER will be a huge crafting game. If gear is worthless, crafting is meaningless. Gear will matter, but don't expect to see huge gear advantages like you see in Wow.

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by kanj11

im not trying to troll, im just giving a quick heads up to people that might be interested in this game but are confused about it.

Yeahh! Dude sorry to say but that was a troll post, maybe you're just unaware, for instance I had a girl friend that would sleep walk to the ridge and eat, then go back to sleep. And the entire time I was with her she was trying to diet....tsk tsk...lol

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

The game is very similar to EvE:Online.

In EvE the ships you fly is what the game is based upon, however if you dont have the skills or the ability to use them properly then you are as good as gone. 

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by haratu

The game is very similar to EvE:Online.
    In EvE the ships you fly is what the game is based upon, however if you dont have the skills or the ability to use them properly then you are as good as gone. 

I have to agree here being similar to EVE.

We still dont know enough about the game to make a full judgement yet. Im gonna  watch this game as things develop.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I'm still in "Wait for the trial" mode on this one... it still seems to be lacking something.

• LambonLambon Member UncommonPosts: 47

If I wanted to play Street Fighter, I would do just that. I WANT my gear to modify my stats. Why call it an RPG at all if I'm not going to be rolling a die?

People really have a distorted view of this genre.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file