Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To American Fans

mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

Not sure if everyone knows this or not but Darkfall will cost 42.00 EURO or 52.84 USD and the monthly fee will be 11.77 euros or 15.544639 usd. also there will be an overseas credit Charge like AOC had due to them being in greece.

I for one will be waiting to buy it when it is released state side.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Comments

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Please link your source.  I've yet to see an official post for a static USD cost for the game.  The cost for the game is 42 Euros. Right now, because the game is based in Europe, the cost to Americans is dynamic and based on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction.  I've seen posts from other players, now in their second month, where the cost for the game in USD went up in month two, due to the exchange rate.

If the game officially launches in NA, it might have it's own NA pricing, just like other games (WoW, for example), but until then, the cost fluxuates.

~Ripper

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

This is from their shop page.

I believe the price will steady out also when it gets released here thats why I am waiting.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Right - you just proved my point.  Everybody pays the Euro price.  The Euro price doesn't fluctuate, but the USD rate does due to the exchange rate.  Unless Aventurine sets a static NA price for the NA launch, Americans will continue to pay the Euro price and it will continue to fluctuate with the market.  Your first post stated the price "will be" and the monthly fee "will be" and you listed actual amounts.  You don't have any idea what the actual NA prices "will be", assuming there's a NA launch and static NA price, and you don't have any evidence indicating you do.

~Ripper

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283

NA Launch could be a long way out.... Was giving a heads up to people in america that might be trying to get the euro client.