Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie with some questions.

Sorry, but I was wondering if someone could answer some questions I have, since I cannot use the SoE forums.

1. Are there melee options outside of Jedi? I was liking bounty hunter (their mechanic), but they seem to be range only.

2. Which server would be good for a PvP focus with some RP thrown in (imperial)

3. How is space for a Tie pilot?

Comments

• MongoMoonMongoMoon Member Posts: 7

1. Well there are plenty of different Melee weapons. Not sure if any class uses them especially, but it's been a while since I played.

EDIT: I looked this up. The class guide says this on Bounty Hunters and Smugglers:

Bounty Hunters:

•Ranged Combat

•Bounty Hunting

•Melee Combat

•Capture Techniques

Smugglers:

•Melee Combat

•Ranged Combat

•Dirty Tricks Techniques

•Fence Goods

(http://wiki.wegame.com/Star_Wars_Galaxies_Classes/)

2. Not sure anymore, most servers have merged together.

3. Space is generally the same for all factions. Tie pilots however can't paint their ship in colour or patterns due to being part of an official navy I guess. I loved space combat and Imperials get the Jedi Fighter from the new movies. Personally I flew with the Hutts in order to get my own Falcon. (different ships for different sides, go figure)

• DailusDailus Member Posts: 80

-I would say smuggler, officer, and spy all give good options for melee. BH does not have a melee expertise so I can't imagine it being too popular as a melee class. I am sure some ppl have melee BHs they just don't appear to be set up for it.

-I play on starsider which is the unofficial RP and space server. We have a great community and are most definately the most populated server. I do not participate in pvp, but I am quite sure there is pleanty of it happening on starsider.

• Dark_SkuraiDark_Skurai Member Posts: 106

I think I'll stick with Star Sider.

I hadn't even thought of the officer to be honest. How well do they do in PvP?

Also, I don't quite get the smuggler, what is their role in combat? 

And not interested in spy, I've played so many sneaky types that it has gotten boring to me.