Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Email from Aveline Belmont if you want to join in.

PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Yume posted this on the mian forums:  www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php

Those of you who missed the last puzzles might be able to get in on this one.  Get your minds in gear folks!

Comments

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Should be interesting :)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*ignores the hype*

I'm kind of sick and tired of Funcom's aggressive marketing campaigns after an overdose of AoC ads. There is a big chance of them using community infiltration services with AoC as well which is about as low as you can go.

Just give us info if there is any. Otherwise, don't bother.

^ personal opinion, don't shoot

Originally posted by DarkPony

*ignores the hype*
    I'm kind of sick and tired of Funcom's aggressive marketing campaigns after an overdose of AoC ads. There is a big chance of them using community infiltration services with AoC as well which is about as low as you can go.

I wont shoot but youre over reacting... sure aoc sucks, and marketing for it was over the top... but cmon, this is totally different, they're trying to bring the community together to solve puzzles and discover something more about the game by doing so, and its working like a charm! if you ask me thats great and original way to start a marketing campaign.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

*ignores the hype*

I disagree. I think the Secret World will be an absolute blast !!!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Batak_Killer

*ignores the hype*

I wont shoot but youre over reacting... sure aoc sucks, and marketing for it was over the top... but cmon, this is totally different, they're trying to bring the community together to solve puzzles and discover something more about the game by doing so, and its working like a charm! if you ask me thats great and original way to start a marketing campaign.

Well, it is the way to start a hype; try and build a community during development with teaser-like releases while the info that really matters is still undisclosable.  Lets wait and see what happens when launch gets closer. I predict that that the secret world and funcom logos will be branded on our retinas on every mmo related site we visit. Anyway .. I wish they would spend at least half of the money they use for marketing on their games instead :)

Originally posted by Batak_Killer

*ignores the hype*

Well, it is the way to start a hype; try and build a community during development with teaser-like releases while the info that really matters is still undisclosable.  Lets wait and see what happens when launch gets closer. I predict that that the secret world and funcom logos will be branded on our retinas on every mmo related site we visit. Anyway .. I wish they would spend at least half of the money they use for marketing on their games instead :)

True :) i guess the hype is getting to me, which isnt strange since this game is what i have been waiting for a long time. We'll wait and see and hope for the best.

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

It's just a puzzle.

You can do the puzzle and not be interested in Funcom at all.

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62

The puzzles are part of the game, and to be honest, it's a lot more fun to get to know more about the story of the game like this. It's fun, it creates a strong community-bond and it shows us that as far as puzzles and story go the game will be of very high quality. 

Yes, it creates hype, but seeing the difficulty of the puzzles, it's only for a very, very small group that it creates hype. 

And be honest, which large MMO company doesn't have aggressive marketing campaigns or doesn't create hype? Everything people are blaming Funcom off you can blame the other companies off too. I'm not really defending Funcom, but the Funcom-hate is just as stupid as Funcom-love..

On topic: the puzzle is breaking my head :(

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.