Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Guide... Looking for a little help

LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Well out of boredom being out or work right now I need something to do and well I have decided I want to try my hand at writing a new player guide for Eve. What I would like is for some help with what areas of the game to cover.

I would like input from all people here. People who have never played the game all the way up to vets.

One thing I do not want to make here is a step by step how to do everything in the game. I simply do not have the time or desire to that right now at this point in time. I am really just looking for something to do in my spare time to kill some time.

Hope to get some ideas here.

Comments

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Well.. You could look for that .pdf that was made once. The Eve Compendium.

I have it lying around, if you can't find it.

Read it. Update it, and write about some of the things in the pdf. You could probably copy/paste some things. -Although, I recommend putting a "thank you" in your version. ;)

Besides that, there are a few different guides on the 'net. Find 'em, update 'em, write about stuff.

I'd also talk with a few players, and ask them how they got started on eve - and what the first thing they did in eve was, besides the trial, and why they did it and wether what they did enhanced their lust for eve or made them feel like stopping with playing.

Then you could come with a few suggestions on how new players could start out, and explain a few things about the different things you can do as a "first thing" in eve, which makes you more hooked on eve.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

you will se a link on my signature :)

but i think the best way to do a guide is using  many picture and to be about the user interface

BestSigEver :P

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Well I am just looking for some ideas of the topics to put in it for now. I am not attempting to replace anything that's been done and is out there.

More a project to kill some time for myself more than anything

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Well then start out with the basics. Like mission guides, mining guides, and t1 pvp.