Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need advice

First an itroduction, My name is Ben and I have been trying diffrent games that offer free trials. the problem I have run into so far is that trials don't offer enough time to see if I like it.

Well this is what I am looking for(help if you can)

1. A game that is fun Single or Multi, Most MMOs are made to be played in, by and for groups. I want to be able to play and make friends but so far most people don't seem to care when they see a noob( lvl 1 and no experience in game).

2. Money is no problem, $5.00 a month good $15.00 max. I know FF IX makes you pay $1.00 extra for every extra character but if you have 20 charcters it is your fault not theirs.

3. A RPG yes RTS are fun but I want someing that when I get home from work that I want to play not just to level but also to see what "new" things I can find.

So far I have tryied EQ, PT and RO out of them all I like RO and PT for difftent reasons. RO for it's level options and PT because it is like Diable (1 or 2) but you have more choice.

Well sorry if I wasted your time but thank you for time(if you do reply)

~Ben

Comments

• JimberflyJimberfly Member UncommonPosts: 65

A game I had fun with for a little while was RYL (Risk Your Life). Its in open beta and you can download it and give it a try for free.

http://www.planetwidegames.com

Asheron's Call 2 is a pretty good game, the community is small but you can try the 14 day trial free as well. Other than that, I would just pass the time until WoW and EQ2 come out...one or the other will probably work.

• threetwosixthreetwosix Member UncommonPosts: 85

May I suggest Dark Age of Camelot?  Mythic recently added the New Frontiers expansion as a free download which let's players participate in Realm V.  Realm combat starting at level 1.  Xp gained in the battlegrounds is also multiplied to encourage more people to go there.  If you want alot of people to play with, I suggest Merlin server.  Always action there.  Good luck

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Just a bit of advice. Alot of people do not pay attention to low level players for the exact reason you stated. Your there to look at the game and have made no commitment yet.

Try sticking around an MMO for a few, you will meet poeple. Once they realize that your goign to be around for more than a few days they will add you to your friends list and look you up to go and do some group hunting , maybe even a clan. Myself I have tried to help new guys out before just to have them quite the next day. So no more of that for me.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• goldenstovegoldenstove Wizet ManagerMember Posts: 53

Try Maple Story... the website is not intuitive (www.mapleglobal.com).  The english beta just came out so there arent any super duper high level bullys.  The game is really user friendly and best of all it is free.  It will probably stay free even after beta.  Check it out and if you like it spread the word^^

Stovy

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I second Dark Age of Camelot.  I always find myself coming back to play.  I think it is the most complete mmorpg out there, besides the crafting.  I mean, crafting is done very well, but t here really isn't a player economy like in Star Wars Galaxies, Final Fatnasy XI, or Horizons.

If you like PvP (RvR in DAoC), you will enjoy Dark Age of Camelot.  It also has a lot of PvE, although not as much as Everquest.  There are many race/class options.  If you are a roleplayer, you will like the RP servers as there are usually many roleplayers around.

Ther graphics are good, and getting better with add-ons and patches.  There is a lot of content between quests and tasks, hunting areas, dungeons, a variety of settings and zones, etc.  Ther characters will be improved when Catacombs comes out, hopefully allowing players to customize more.

Anyway, that is my advise for now.  I play a few different mmorpgs, but for someone new to it I think DAoC would be good.  Like I always say, please try many different games and choose the one you enjoy most.  I realize the free trials are not long enough to really see everything.

• ForestLightForestLight Member Posts: 22

Just my 10 cents, but I would wait for world of warcraft.

1) The game is designed so that your character can manage tasks on his own. A complex quest system allows you to judge what level the quests are and guage your ability to complete them on your own (so you know if you need help) Questing is a major part of the game, and you can often find plot information after or while completing them. Multiplayer can be just as fun, grouping up with a few people in order to complete harder level quests. Or perhaps just kick around a camp. When I started the stress test beta, there were always a number of other low level players to help figure out where to go to find your trainer, your first mission, etc. And the community was GENERALLY quite friendly and mature (There were a few exceptions, as well as the degenerates that slip in every now and then)

2) Payment per month has not been worked out yet. I assume around 12 bucks a month.

3) World of Warcraft is a mmoRPG. It's a LOT of fun to get into the fist person of your character and act your way through the world. Many others also play warcraft as roleplayers. However, your main idea on this looks to be exploration and questing. As every time you do a quest in WoW, it can take you down a chain of events both exciting and interesting. (A night elf example: A druid asks you to talk to the sentry at StarBurst Village, apon your arrival you find out that the inhabitants have been decimated by furbolgs, who went on a currupted rampage towards the barrows, where the druids sleep. Their plan is to take over the druids bodies while their minds are in the emerald dream. You end up having to try and wake them up by collecting the pieces of the horn of cennarius that will wake them. but by the time you do it's too late. a druids body has been corrupted and though his soul is still in the emerald dream, he begs you to kill his material body so that it will not harm his own kind.) There are many more missions. Each one can be just as fun and informative. But you will have to play the game to see :)

4) I have played EQ, Which I found dry and lacking of plot. I've planted Planetside, galaxies, City of Heroes, Eve, but World of Warcraft takes the cake on ALL of them. It's polished gameplay environment makes gameplay most enjoyable. I've already pre-ordered the game just after 10 days of gaming. Check out their website and  the various reviews that have been made. See if it looks fun. it's current release date is Nov. 15th

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Of course the first thing to do is to make sure the mechanics and style of any particular MMORPG is something that suits your taste. But secondly, make sure to get yourself into a (good) guild as soon as possible. Even if doing so may be something of a pain in the ass and require some effort on your part. In my opinion guilds are the key to really enjoying these games.

If you look around at places like fan websites, or sometimes even a games home website, you will be able to find lists of guilds and other information about them. And also check out each guilds discussion boards to try and gague how active they are (and see if the members in general seem like people you would get along with).

GL

• andermananderman Member Posts: 70

Yep, it's all about taste - there are so many MMO games out there, at least nearly all tastes are catered for whether or not the game that suits your taste will suit your playing habits & offer great gameplay, combat, crafting, helpful community & guilds - you might be lucky!

Research the market, know the type of player you are & hopefully you'll find a nice home sometime soon.

-Add

Playing EVE Online, looking at Ryzom + a couple of indy's......