Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

secret identity - would you want one? what would you do with it?

themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353

Inspired by a post on another thread...

If I were a superhero in real life, I can see the need for protecting my identity so as to protect my friends and family. I could even see the desire for a 'normal' job as a break from being a hero all the time - and maybe a necessity if I didn't want to live on the Watchtower.

But in a game where you take a break from real life to be a hero, is there a need for a 'normal job'? How many of you want to be Clark Kent? Or Bruce Wayne? I'm going to buy this game for the pewpew factor, not to sit in simulated board meetings or to haul hay.

-------------
The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

Comments

• sr1215sr1215 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by themilton

Inspired by a post on another thread...
    If I were a superhero in real life, I can see the need for protecting my identity so as to protect my friends and family. I could even see the desire for a 'normal' job as a break from being a hero all the time - and maybe a necessity if I didn't want to live on the Watchtower.
    But in a game where you take a break from real life to be a hero, is there a need for a 'normal job'? How many of you want to be Clark Kent? Or Bruce Wayne? I'm going to buy this game for the pewpew factor, not to sit in simulated board meetings or to haul hay.

I think that the normal job thing is a good idea even if it is "useless" to some people i think it helps the player feel more like a real superhero. and to the first question i would want a secret identity to protect my loved ones and i would get a job because being a superhero 24/7 would probably be hard and frustrating and i would need a break every now and then