Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO Dev's sound alot like DF's

SamCoarseSamCoarse Member Posts: 31

At least since the video..you could hear a pin drop

TRANSPARENCY SV, LET US LOOK THROUGH THE WINDOW....

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

C´mon!

Seriously, why??

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Do they sound kinda muffled?

• harlequinNnharlequinNn Member Posts: 12

Its been a few weeks. I mean there is no need for weekly updates that just takes away time from them actually working on the game. I can see your point and i think none of us want to be kept in the dark and no one wants another darkfall situation.

• SamCoarseSamCoarse Member Posts: 31

lol, Heres the status quo answer to your status quo excuse response: It took me 1-2 minutes to write what i'm about to write, fuck i don't care if it isn't spelled correctly just any some info out....as for that pic with the head in ass, that largely represents the mods on the MO forums...

there, 3 lines non stop plus whatever this is. uncheckd, no edit, makes no sense or not throw it out for the people to read..i coudl have done this from home, in the 3 minutes before the work day ends, on irc, anytime....let's get on it SadVenturine

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

Sam, you make no sense.

The developers are posting on the forums, and their info releases are on a monthly schedule. They've already done April. Comparing it to Darkfall which was shut down in a black hole for many years is pretty silly.

• Woodelf7734Woodelf7734 Member Posts: 2

In NO way can Star Vault be compared to Aventurine. Not on a single level.

AV does not communicate with their community.

Do you know how long it's been since AV has updated their game FAQ's on their main site? Features that are not in game and been declared to NEVER be in game are still documented in their info pages of their website.

The SV devs are on the forums daily; answering questions, interacting with the community, participating in the live chat, DOTA and Poker tournaments...are you kidding me? These devs are some of the coolest I have ever seen. The main website News gets updated at least once a month, they skipped March and that is the first time they skipped a month in the past year...whoopdie friggen doo. I am happy with the interaction on the forums and dedication of these devs. 

Dont ever compare them to AV again please. AV is terrible.

If you're going to troll, at least make it entertaining

• Woodelf7734Woodelf7734 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by SamCoarse Star Vault = Adventurine

Oh oh oh I love true or false questions!

Hmmm uuuum...False?    What do I win!?!?!?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by SamCoarse

Star Vault = Adventurine

At least get the name right ...

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    <Mod Edit>

Since April 1st 2009:

6 posts by Sebastian Persson.

1 by Daniel Adler

1 by Denny Lindberg

4 by Hannu Kokkonen

2 by Henrik Nystrom

13 by Mats Persson - Creative Director

I'll accept your apology now. And this is in the last 7 days, not even including March.

Maybe you should know the facts before making up trolls.

You lose.

/Thread.

apology denied.

posting is all well and dandy did it have any relevance to updates..quick answer.. no

apology denied.

posting is all well and dandy did it have any relevance to updates..quick answer.. no

But I thought you said they don't post...none since March. You're pathetic. Proven wrong, caught in a lie and still you troll.

What update do you want? They are answering questions, taking part in topics, and having fun with the community.

They have told us the game is on schedule for the summer '09 release.

• TZERTZER Member Posts: 5

This guy couldn't even pull off trolling right.. how sad.

Originally posted by Die_Scream

apology denied.

But I thought you said they don't post...none since March. You're pathetic. Proven wrong, caught in a lie and still you troll.

What update do you want? They are answering questions, taking part in topics, and having fun with the community.

They have told us the game is on schedule for the summer '09 release.

So, no updates nothing new except the usual vague sandbagging. pathetic? uh take your aggression elsewhere...on schedule..? darkfall was ready for release last october remember...so no march update was a good thing..

• PrecursorPrecursor Member UncommonPosts: 150

What exactly do you want them to update?

Just a question.

Originally posted by Precursor

Just a question.

everything, full transparency, i want to know all available lore, i want to see each blade of grass in game. At this point we know .03 of how the game works, alot of theory but no conclusions. If your not with me then you wouldnt be here, or you hate yourself.

they even released the in-game gameplay trailer during march, hence the lack of a general update

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

You said they don't update, they told us in March the game was on schedule for the summer '09 release, you are wrong again. 

The one thing for sure that is very similar to DF is that you and others actually believe this promise.

We'll see come September if this game is actually released or not.  IMO for it to actually make a summer release date it should be in full blown closed beta with at least 2-5K users testing it on a regular basis.

This might be true in fact, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.

As for people not folllowing the MO forums closely, they're a cesspool of fanboyyism where people live and breath to tell folks to "use  the search button" and "this thread already exists" etc etc.

Hey its their forum, they can moderate it the way they wish, but its not a community I'll bother with.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by Precursor

Just a question.

everything, full transparency, i want to know all available lore, i want to see each blade of grass in game. At this point we know .03 of how the game works, alot of theory but no conclusions. If your not with me then you wouldnt be here, or you hate yourself.

Then this is not the game for you: they openly said they wouldn't, EVER, release the full lore or in-game mysteries and hidden dungeons/secrets/creatures/items, because they want the players to discover those IN-GAME.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

Originally posted by Kyleran

You said they don't update, they told us in March the game was on schedule for the summer '09 release, you are wrong again. 

The one thing for sure that is very similar to DF is that you and others actually believe this promise.

We'll see come September if this game is actually released or not.  IMO for it to actually make a summer release date it should be in full blown closed beta with at least 2-5K users testing it on a regular basis.

This might be true in fact, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.

As for people not folllowing the MO forums closely, they're a cesspool of fanboyyism where people live and breath to tell folks to "use  the search button" and "this thread already exists" etc etc.

Hey its their forum, they can moderate it the way they wish, but its not a community I'll bother with.

If you honestly think that the MO forums are bad, you must cry in a corner each night after being here. Guess what? they close threads that are duplicate, which show up every few minutes. They don't allow flaming and insults to be thrown around, they won't allow bashing of other games. Gasp! They enforce their forum rules that they set out. Yeah, it's really terrible. Please. Strawman argument. Yes, some people take it on themselves to tell others to search, oh no! That is much worse than GTFO, DIAF, and go back to WoW.

Huge exaggeration and BS Kyleran.

I have news for you, SV is not AV, it doesn't matter what failers DF made. Another piss-poor attempt to invent a negative and force it to fit your agenda.

Do you argue that they have released two videos so far, and have said the game is on schedule? Do you? because that's what the OP's claim was until I smacked him down with the truth. So even though they have updated us, you choose not to believe it. Did you know that SV are a publically traded company and subject to disclosure laws?

See what you want to see then.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

I agree that you can't compare the 2 companies.  The fact that they didn't give news in march is such a miniscule argument in comparing SV to AV.  Besides March is when the new gameplay video was released and beta apps were started.  That in itself is an update.  Besides that they updated for the month of April plus released an April fools video on youtube where they give some funny beta footage. 

The fact that you want to know every single thing about the game is retarded.  In what world do you live in?  I have never heard of a game giving a player all the info of the game before launch.  They have given you the combat system and the name of the world, skills, races, some lore, and countless pieces of info on the forums.  They have answered countless questions about the game but no one would ever give every detail about a game pre launch.  Hell i don't want to know half of the stuff before launch so that way I can discover something instead of playing something where I know everything that's going to happen.

This thread is a poor trolling attempt....at best.