Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 3rd ???

ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

I was picking something up at Gamestop and they ask if there is anything I wanna preorder.  Thinking I wouldnt have to deal with it I say Champions Online.   They say its in their system for June 3rd so I put down the preorder hoping they are right.   The open beta must cruise if June 3 is for sure.  I bet it does.  Could be a reskinned/reworked COX which is fine with me, I really like that game, just recently comming back to it.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

Comments

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Shreddi

I was picking something up at Gamestop and they ask if there is anything I wanna preorder.  Thinking I wouldnt have to deal with it I say Champions Online.   They say its in their system for June 3rd so I put down the preorder hoping they are right.   The open beta must cruise if June 3 is for sure.  I bet it does.  Could be a reskinned/reworked COX which is fine with me, I really like that game, just recently comming back to it.

EB Games has it listed for 7/14... looks like random guessing.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Pfshh... its destined to fall.

1. 99% of the gamer community hasnt ever even HEARD of it, not to speak of the Champions PnP game.

2. At least 50% of the potential customers will see the fugly screens and turn away.

3. Some people will play it out of sheer desperation until anything else, like DCU or whatever comes next and the game will fall to some VG subs.

End of story.

Sorry, I really wish it would fare better, but it reeks like failure. Just look at his dead forum. *shrug*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AtomicAtomic Member UncommonPosts: 46

Word-of-Mouth marketing ftw. Many COH/COV players are looking forward to Champions Online.

• PatternizerPatternizer Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Elikal

1. 99% of the gamer community hasnt ever even HEARD of it, not to speak of the Champions PnP game.
    2. At least 50% of the potential customers will see the fugly screens and turn away.
    3. Some people will play it out of sheer desperation until anything else, like DCU or whatever comes next and the game will fall to some VG subs.
    End of story.
    Sorry, I really wish it would fare better, but it reeks like failure. Just look at his dead forum. *shrug*

Quoting this and saying :

1. do you have statistics? and its not champions pnp but hero system pnp, also you should know that this is IMO mostly anticipated but people keep the hype low at  this site! So what?

2. I am sure you never read comics. "Awwww poor you poor you"- As foxbat would say

3. DCU and CO are different as night and day why? Figure it out you can read fine as i see so if you want to have a solid opinion do some research

4. It;s not the end ; It's definetely the beginning!!!!

Sorry , you could learn to be objective about something. And go take a look at their forums! *smiles* .

P.S. the more dehyped a game is the more it drives me wanting to play it ! Roar! ... This is the Q2 2009 game i wait for so , I keel joo! *laughs* that's all!

Signature!!!...

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by elderotter

Originally posted by Shreddi

EB Games has it listed for 7/14... looks like random guessing.

Yep.  Figured its going to be a constant push back for a while.  Hopefully doenst go into 2010.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

If Cryptic is able to emulate the character design process of the Hero System this game is going to be fucking awesome!!!

To this day I think the Hero System for Champions is by far one of the most unique and dynamic systems ever created.  I just hope the system they plan on using was the one I'm familar with from 20 years ago...

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

End of story.

Come on. You're just trolling (or a huge CoH/V fan who feels threatened.)

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

CO and CoX are quite different.  Its very possible to like one and hate the other.  Without saying too much... I would think June 3rd is optimistic.

• L121L121 Member Posts: 11

End of story.

1)  If your into the SuperHero genre, then you've heard of it.

• chipgmchipgm Member Posts: 50

With COH still going pretty strong compared to the new MMO's that have come out [AOC and WAR], I dont see it as being a desperate thing. Cryptic has a good strong title here and cant wait to play the final release of the game. I am sad to see that they are not advertising as much as the others have , but I dont see that being a issue. Advertising might be a good way to get good release numbers , but that does not make a good game as time has shown time and time again. This title will be around till they make there next big MMO game is released.

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

Enough advertising to really make a difference is expensive.  MMO players know the stuff and when its comming out anyway.    Then they tell everyone they know and so on and so on.   I am really looking forward to this game.  I would put up odds it does very well.

• MicleeMiclee Member Posts: 27

Listen, it won't be out June 3rd. There has been no announcement and the game isn't ready.

How, you may ask? I'm in the beta.

Proof? I'm currently number 2 in the Rate My Champion.

http://www.champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/30241

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Miclee

Listen, it won't be out June 3rd. There has been no announcement and the game isn't ready.
    How, you may ask? I'm in the beta.
    Proof? I'm currently number 2 in the Rate My Champion.
    http://www.champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/30241

So how realistic is the EB games estimation of July 14th?  I am figuring this game may not be ready this year, but am hopefully wrong.

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

End of story.

Elikal you have bashed almost everygame on these forums except SWTOR. Pessimist maybe?

Not sure how acurate the release date is for the game. The game will be released this year just not sure if it will be delayed or not. I am in beta also, and I dont see why it woun't be released this year . That is all I can say for now on this due to the contract for beta players. Dont you all worry , we will be playing the full game soon enough.

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Cody1174

End of story.

Elikal you have bashed almost everygame on these forums except SWTOR. Pessimist maybe?

I don't bash Elikal, I kinda understand him :).

Anyways, What he ment is... I heard a lot of people from beta who don't really like the game.

Of course I'm not in the beta so what do i know...

The reason for a beta is to fix issues. If someone is in the beta to judge the game on its flaws, should not be in the beta. I have been in many Beta'a for lots of MMO games . From the most well known ones to the ones that ended up just being a free play game. Beta's are run so the can change what needs to be changed and fix all issues that arrise, and yes there will be lots of them. If this process did not happen, when a game is launched it would be full of flaws.

As for the game not being any good. If you are a fan of COH then you will love this new installment. . Unless than that , don't let people who are BETA NEWBIES help you make a decission on a game that is not finished.

• MicleeMiclee Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by chipgm

The reason for a beta is to fix issues. If someone is in the beta to judge the game on its flaws, should not be in the beta. I have been in many Beta'a for lots of MMO games . From the most well known ones to the ones that ended up just being a free play game. Beta's are run so the can change what needs to be changed and fix all issues that arrise, and yes there will be lots of them. If this process did not happen, when a game is launched it would be full of flaws.
    As for the game not being any good. If you are a fan of COH then you will love this new installment. . Unless than that , don't let people who are BETA NEWBIES help you make a decission on a game that is not finished.

Too true. This is the 17th beta I've been a part of(12th closed beta), and I know what to expect. I know things will be broken, so I am surprised when things work really well in a beta.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by bluesession

Originally posted by Cody1174

End of story.

I don't bash Elikal, I kinda understand him :).

Anyways, What he ment is... I heard a lot of people from beta who don't really like the game.

Of course I'm not in the beta so what do i know...

I was issued a warning for ""harassment" for that.

Going foward, I will simply use the report feature.

Trolls beware!

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771

With COH still going pretty strong compared to the new MMO's that have come out [AOC and WAR], I dont see it as being a desperate thing. Cryptic has a good strong title here and cant wait to play the final release of the game. I am sad to see that they are not advertising as much as the others have , but I dont see that being a issue. Advertising might be a good way to get good release numbers , but that does not make a good game as time has shown time and time again. This title will be around till they make there next big MMO game is released.

Cryptic sold CoH to NCSoft already, if my memory serves me.

Originally posted by Orthedos

Cryptic sold CoH to NCSoft already, if my memory serves me.

Yes this is true but the cryptic team are the ones that are making the game though.

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

For those of us that are sick to death of the onslought of fantasy MMO's, this game has a lot of potential.  City of Heroes was ok, a good effort, and this seems to be a total revamp of that, taking what they've learned, tossing out the shtuff that didn't work, and enhancing all the things that did.

• sylum69sylum69 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Gamespot has this listed as a Q3 2009 release. Anybody have any info on where they got this or have heard about the relase being pushed further back? Maybe they're trying for a simultaneous 360 and PC launch.

edit: Maybe some good news, if not conflicting. http://kotaku.com/5225922/champions-online-heroically-dated

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

The NDA permits "previewers" to divulge they are part of the closed beta, but it does not allow us to give details.  If someone in Beta attempts to dissuade you they are likely an uninformed player seeking a free to play game with limited vaule attached to their opinions.  The game has not been launched so reserve your judgement until its ready.

That being said, I have been looking forward to each testing session and that should mean something to someone.  ;)