Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential player -- pop question.

Well, I got pretty bored with the genre in general and really haven't been playing much lately. Tried a few games out here and there for a few hours for a few days, but nothing really caught my eye. Started thinking about trying some of the older titles I got into but really the only one that looked appealing to me anymore was Asheron's Call and I couldn't connect due to my router not agreeing with their servers or something, forgot exactly what they told me.

Anyways, never played DAoC but I had a lot of friends that did. I tried WAR out and RvR was fun, repetive on that title, but fun. Everyone kept talking about DAoC tho and since I'm sitting here at 1am I decided I might try it, and came here. Anyways, to my question.

I see on The Camelot Herald that Devon cluster has the highest pop right now, at this hour. Doesn't look like a bad number, but I'm guessing it's split between all those servers inside that cluster. I see no way to determine which of those servers is more populated, or maybe I'm missing something altogether. Which would be the best way to go for terms of population, server wise? 

Game sounds interesting from what I've gathered and am downloading now, but I don't want to head into a dead-zone. I've played quite a few ghost town games lately and would really like to see other people sometime ;)

Comments

• andeemann10andeemann10 Member Posts: 237

It doesn't matter what server you make your character on, you'll be playing with everyone else on that cluster. To be honest you aren't going to find many other players at all before you reach level 50. Most likely you'll be appalled at how few other players you see levels 1-20, because people that have reached the level cap get instant level 20s. If you can put up with it though, DAoC is still one of the best games out there. 

------------------------------
    "Capitalism is currently working as intended."

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by andeemann10

It doesn't matter what server you make your character on, you'll be playing with everyone else on that cluster. To be honest you aren't going to find many other players at all before you reach level 50. Most likely you'll be appalled at how few other players you see levels 1-20, because people that have reached the level cap get instant level 20s. If you can put up with it though, DAoC is still one of the best games out there. 

Thanks for clearing that up about the clusters. As far as the population low in starter areas, I can deal with that. Installing it down, let it download overnight. See you guys ingame ^^