Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 20 - What's Next?

EdmondEdmond Member Posts: 4

Hi guys,

I'm a Lineage 2 SEA player at Blackbird server and I got around 3 characters going to level 20 and I still have no idea what to do. The game didn't spell out for us newbies on how to hang in there and what to expect and there are very few people in the low level areas for us to ask what to expect. So anyway I hope somebody who is quite experienced can answer the following questions for me, I like the game but I just don't know what to do.

Here are my questions:

1.) So what do I do after hitting level 20? Do I grind until I reach level 50-ish?

2.) How do I contact a clan or guild to invite me?

3.) Where do I go to meet people? I believe there's Fantasy Island and Monster (somthing) island right? What are these places for and why do I need to go to them?

4.) I'm using a human fighter and a male and female Khamael. I've done most of the newbie quests and just enabled enough of the grind quests, so do I continously do them until I reach a certain level? What do I do and where do I go to do this.

Sorry it just feels frustrating because I am lost and the game is not designed to tell you what to do after reaching such levels. There are no quests teaching you which location is for what purpose unlike WAR or Guild Wars.

I've tried this game since 2007 and thought I'll try it again now since I've got my rig on higher specifications and heard graphics is good. Its a bit different from WAR but the interface is not that user friendly though and definitely not newbie friendly. I hope that they enhance it enough at least to teach you the basics of how to enjoy the game like putting you together with the community so its easier for you to interact with people.

I've been on for about an hour and I have no way to communicate with anybody it feels like I'm playing Guild Wars, at least in GW people are inviting to join their Guild, here there are no invitations on low level towns, I don't see any invitations to join RAID parties, no quests to inform me where I should go see players and get invited to join raid parties. So how do we newbies learn? I can't keep on posting for questions about these things right I mean, at least we should learn some mechanics in game.

Well I hope somebody can help me because it feels frustrating to be playing an MMORPG alone.

Comments

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

At 20 you have your first Class Change for Human Fighters you get 3 Choices Warrior, Human Knight and Rogue. at level 10 the Kamael becomes a Soldier after that point the male and female kamael have different class persuits the Male Kamael becomes a Trooper and the Female becomes a Warder. Each of these classes have their own strengths and weaknesses. For the Human Fighter I suggest going with the Warrior because at level 40 you get to be a gladiator which a Dual Wield Spec fighter, you dont get the choice for kamael till level 40.

The best place to look for guilds is on the Lineage 2 Official forums and the VNBoards. Other than that your own your own.

In order to get to Fantasy Island you need to go to a Teleporter in ANY town and talk to them the Monster Track is also accessable by teleporter. The best place to meet people is not Fantasy Island but the towns some servers most of the trade is done in Giran people are always there setting up raid groups, hunting parties and selling both crafted and looted items.

The whole game is a grind just like every other MMORPG out today, and anyone who says other wise is lying to you, Lineage 2 is no different than the rest. The only thing different from Lineage 2 than say World of Warcraft is the fact that the Lineage 2 grind is alot harder Also it is one of the few MMO's out right now that have a class quest system. The level breaks for new classes are 20, 40, and 76 and as you come up to each the quests become more and more difficult to complete solo.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• EdmondEdmond Member Posts: 4

Yup I figured as much that lineage requires uber grinding. I just wish that the quest structure is a bit more linear because it feels very open ended and there is no real point to it rather than your character hitting certain levels to be able to join groups on quests. But hey I'm not complaining I'm just straightening out the facts.

Thanks for the help it clears out some concepts I have about the game. I'll try grinding my way to higher levels, hopefully I'll be able to experience what everybody is hyping about the game. Sadly I logged on this afternoon and the newbie towns feels like a ghost town (in Blackbird server anyway).

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

At LV 20 you should be doing Kamalka quest daily. Its very good XP especially at lower levels. You can start doing 7 Signs Events which allow you go go into the Catacomb / Necropolis dungeons. Those are good place to get XP and make Ancient Adena which can be sold at a very high price or used to buy items and enhannce weapons. Nobody really groups at level levels because its so easy to just go out and hunt solo and at low levels solo xp is better than group xp. If you looking for a Clan to join go to low level towns like Gludin, Gludio and Dion.I found the best way to join a clan is just to ask people about there clans. Ask them if there clan is recruiting and what does there clan do. Do they PVP or PVE? Does there clan have any Wars? Do they have a clan hall or fortess? Where are they from?(Very important because you want people who are close to the same time zone as you are) What level is the clan? Whats the level range of people in the clan. One thing that people need to know about Lineage 2 is that a closed mouth will never get served. You have to be social in this game. You have to ask questions and find out how the game works. Afther LV 20 there will be no more directions on what to do. Its up to you to do things the way you want and thats one of the main reasons I love Lineage 2.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

I agree with Korv.  Raids, Kama, and XP groups are fun. I'm also running into random people and making friends. Once you get to Dion and farther things get better.

You definitely gotta be social though if you want to make friends and get into the good stuff.