Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: Inviting Players Back!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Players of Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided who left the game more than 60 days ago have been invited to come back to check the game out for 10 consecutive days for free!  All players need to do is log back into their accounts and start playing.  Many new features and attractions have been in the past number of months, including:

• New Jedi Quests - a quest-based system that guides players through an incredibly exciting and challenging series of missions that leads to Jedi Master.
  • Exciting New Quests and Missions - like the "Corellian Corvette" and the "Deathwatch Bunker" which offer true Star Wars style adventure with the promise of great rewards.
  • Improved New Player Experience - Featuring Personal Helper Droids that aid new players in completing quests and advancing more quickly through the early levels of the game.
So players who have been thinking about coming back to Star Wars Galaxies to check out what's new before the Jump to Lightspeed space expansion hits, now's the time to do it.  And if players decide to re-subscribe, their account will be credited with 10 additional free days of play time!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Thanks! but no thanks. u would have to pay ME to come back to this PoS. image

Joined - July 2004

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

What a horrible Idea.

SOE has not gotten any smarter I see. The game is still in a shambles and they want to invite old players who left in disgust? For what purpose exactly? To see how fouled up the game STILL is?

This makes no sense at all. They havent released the JTL or done any of the proffession or combat revamps. To invite people back when essentially nothing has changed except possibly for the worse just seems like idiocy.

Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

ROLEPLAYERS UNITE!!!!!

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• fatgatofatgato Member Posts: 34

Guess the mass exodus from the game has now got them to have to resort to bribing people :) .  

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

LMAO mass exodus.. some poeple will believe anything they hear. Must be EQ is doing horrible to cause I get I get 'come back for 30 days free!' emails from EQ fairly often as well.

Those that say the game is in shambles haven't played it in a while or are trolling.

• micro314micro314 Member Posts: 8

It had its flaws, but so do they all.

And inviting subscribers to rejoin with free perks is nothing new. Anyone ever quit a gym? How about a CD or book club? They all offer you freebies if you rejoin. Doesn't necessarily mean they're in bad shape (although that would be one reason to do it), it just means they want your business back.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949
    Usually I tend to go back to games that offer free time but not SWG. Really I don't see the point since I don't tend to sign up again. Not for the price they are charging. Don't feel the game is worth the price, not even $13. Drop it to 10 maybe. I'll no longer get a game to just level grind.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

I actually laught out loud when I saw this in my inbox. Even though financially it may be a good idea, it reaks of desperation. Thanks SOE but I rather wait for WoW instead.

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom, World of Warcraft
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

OMG this is way to FUNNY!

I guess cancelling my 4 accounts had some effect. I would'nt even consider signing back up

cause their Customer Service is lousy! CSR's have no clue on the game itself and the devs

dont even listen to its customers cry for help.

• fatgatofatgato Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Fion

LMAO mass exodus.. some poeple will believe anything they hear. Must be EQ is doing horrible to cause I get I get 'come back for 30 days free!' emails from EQ fairly often as well.
    Those that say the game is in shambles haven't played it in a while or are trolling.

I would call 128 cancellations in one day a mass exodus...  Most of my guild decided to move on to other games.  We all quit we joined together and pretty much when we quit we all quit.   We been together since start of EQ1 and through DaOC , AC,  Ao, and few others.    That was just in my guild alone.... Then all the other posts from other players that cancelled due to the stupid 10.3 patch.  

Oh please dont quote Thunderhearts population are up BS... yeah what population up last year this time yeah, but when ALL of the servers say light traffic  during prime time , when few months ago they had medium traffic.     I would say people are leaving in droves...

I wish SoE would actually release REAL numbers of active accounts.

• webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

Yeah ... I COULD go back to SWG.

But then again ...

I could arrange to get my gonads nailed to a table.

I think I'll get the later done.

----------------------------------
    Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard
    ----------------------------------

• antwerpantwerp Member Posts: 1

I am sorry I left after the Combat balance fiasco. They said in December 2004 that thye were not going to revamp certaqin classes that were broken since launch because they are working on a combat balance. They stated for the players and the player coraspondent to work out the ideas for a the revamp. SWG screwed up Creature handlers in preperation tfor the combat balance patch. In January they said they had collect great info and were pushing ahead.

Time passes

They stated that the JTL would not effect the combat bllance because they werre serperarte teams and that the combat revamp was on scheduled. They even went so far as to say they had to push back fixes to squald leader and smugglers ect.. untill after the combat balance because that would solve many issues. They even gave release info such as first the jedis revamp followed by the combat revamp (that is what they started calling it) followed by JTL. They kept stating Combat Revamp before JTL.

Time passes (6 months in total)

Then come out and state that combat balance will be pushed back until after JTL and if the player would get with the player coraspondents to gather information as to what they would like to be in the comabt revamp. huh? what happen to all the info we gave them in december and january? SOE state the never said they were workling on it blah blah blah. The the interview with Blackmen, blackhart or whatever his name, one of the lead designers siad in no certain terms that ANYONE who posted on the forums and thier opinion do not matter. 

As for what they are giving  - Jedi? they actually ruined the game for many. Mission they are ok but they are all the same and some are alomst imposibly hard. The droid helper has been in for some times. So as I see there realy is nothing new.

So with the lies, misleading and the lead designer stating that certain people opinions do not matter even though they ask for them I cannot recomend anyone try the game or even go back. In fact I get my JTL beta and gave it to a friend who cannot afford to buy games ATM (he has a baby now).

Take care and be at piece.

• jestasjestas Member Posts: 3

well, I cancelled quite a bit earlier than 60 days ago, and so i should apply to this offer (yes, since it's free, I'd like to try it out a bit again, good for waiting until my next mmorpg comes out), but when I log on with my account it suddenly asks me to resubscribe.. and on the official site there's no mention of this offer.. what's going on?

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Had Problems????

These baztardz still have to revamp the entire combat system.  SWG's main problem is this:

COMBAT IS COMPLETELY FRIGGIN BORING AND POINTLESS

Once they figure out how to make combat enjoyable I'm back;)

(BTW that will be never, they just don't have the will and resources)

-------------------------------
    SWG=SOE=BAD

Remember that rule!!!! Oh BTW I am a JTL Beta tester;)

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• AzazielAzaziel Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The thing that dissappointed me the most was how they went on about the Jedi Quest based system ... Quest HAH they said they were going to get rid of all the grind ... All they did was make it worse and I had the same thing , Mass Exodis from the Guild .. people left to play other games and most swear theyt will never play SWG again ... pity I is an excellent game , if only the Devs would listen image

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949
    That's really the thing. SWG could have been great if they had only listen. Its as if these developers of these games don't even play what they create. Or do so on amongest themselves on their private servers and not along with the actual players to see what things are really like. At times I  still feel that SWG was nothing but a test bed for the systems, ideas, etc that were or are going to be in Everquest 2.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

pffft. what a joke. everyone's either leaving, or trying to get Jedi. I personally left when pub 10 hit, turning the game into Jedi Academy Online. No thanx, SOE.

"Then all the other posts from other players that cancelled due to the stupid 10.3 patch"

You mean the vibility bug? guess what.. it was fixed today. DAYS AFTER it was bugged. Patience poeple have a little stinking patience.

A mass exodus is like AO's 12.6 patch where almost 50% of the poeple playing quite. 130 odd people is NOT a mass exodus when there are 500'000 people playing the game lol. I'm sure a lot of people canceled there accounts, especially Jedi. Serious pain in the ass. But it's fixed now.

I swear some people get SO worked up about these games. You'd think it was real life.

• KolumaicKolumaic Member Posts: 1

A month ago I used my friend's account for a few days to see what changes have been
    made to improve Star Wars Galaxies. The game has been completely deleted from my hard drive as
    a result. I understand that it's a "roleplaying" game but the level of make pretend this game
    requires is too much. There's not enough content and too much grind. 10 free days isn't going to
    get me back, some real direction on the part of the developers toward making it fun would be a start.

• YadaYadaYadaYada Member Posts: 2

Maybe they should give veteran players who haven't left yet some sort of bribe to stay.  Many many players I've known in the last year have left, or no longer log in.  It's way more than the Jedi visibility problem.

SOE definitely knows how to create a huge subscriber base.  If only they would invest those profits into making the game be more like Star Wars.

Imperial faction still cannot wear storm trooper armor and bounty hunter armor is so rare that you'll never see a player bounty hunter wearing it.  Instead everyone still wears non-Star Wars composite armor with the bicycle helmet.

Correction.  Imperials can wear storm trooper armor, but its resists are inferior to compo.

Anyhow, hello all.  First time poster here.

imageimageimage

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Originally posted by Kolumaic

I understand that it's a "roleplaying" game but the level of make pretend this game requires is too much.

Great quote, sums up the woes of SOE.  I mean Gebus we all might as well pen and paper roleplay Star Wars, it's cheaper and you'll get more content.

-------------------------------
    SWG=SOE=BAD

Remember that rule!!!! Oh BTW I am a JTL Beta tester;)

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• AuggieAuggie Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Fion

"Then all the other posts from other players that cancelled due to the stupid 10.3 patch"
    You mean the vibility bug? guess what.. it was fixed today. DAYS AFTER it was bugged. Patience poeple have a little stinking patience.
    A mass exodus is like AO's 12.6 patch where almost 50% of the poeple playing quite. 130 odd people is NOT a mass exodus when there are 500'000 people playing the game lol. I'm sure a lot of people canceled there accounts, especially Jedi. Serious pain in the ass. But it's fixed now.
    I swear some people get SO worked up about these games. You'd think it was real life.

Where you pulling these numbers from ? 500k subscribers I highly doubt that, more like 100k. See I can make up some numbers too image 

Seriously, SWG has been the most bug filled game I ever had the misfortune of playing, and their CS is the worse in the industry.  They just delete your CS tickets.

• YadaYadaYadaYada Member Posts: 2

The visibility problem is not fixed anyhow.

The bug where Jedi's remained on the terms even after being killed by a BH is now supposedly fixed.

Player Jedis are still on BH terminals for 3 weeks, or until killed by someone with BH mission, once visible.  Visibility is still triggered by pulling light saber, even if levelling in a remote spot on womp rats - rofl.

Glad I'm not a Jedi.

The 500k number is not my number, it's SOE's and Lucasarts. The number was released in a writeup this summer, think it was sometime in july.

The game isn't perfect. It's buggy in many ways (thankfully 99% of the bugs aren't gamebrakers, just annoying). The devs have worked a lot at making the game feel more like star-wars and if you haven't played in many months you wouldn't know this. I see so many people talk about how terrible the game is, and if asked when they last played they hadn't since the first month or less even! The game has come a long way. It's not perfect (it's SOE after all) but some of the rumors and lies I hear out of poeples mouths about it is helarious, and detures people who could really enjoy the game from even trying it. For example augie whens the last time you played? CS isn't all that great in SWG but now adays you typically get an answer within an hour or two and they dont just delete tickets like they did at release... which makes me believe you haven't played since release. If you haven't you don't know how buggy the game is now adays do ya?

As to star warsy-ness. Give it a month for the expansion, you'll be overloaded with star-warsy-ness then I garentee it ;)

Imp armor sucks NOW. When the game came out it was among the best you could get. The game has changed and people are very powerful right now. We already know come the combat revamp they'll be seriously reducing peoples PvE power. You wont see comp over probably 50% likely. BH armor isn't to hard to find but it's extremely hard to make Mandalorian.. for a very good reason. It's supposed to be all but non-existant. Mandalorian has 65% resists. Crappy now but post-revamp that'll probably be the highest you can get lol.

SWG isn't perfect (like I said it's an SOE game) but it's come a long way and IMHO if you dont let yourself get worked up over a GAME, and play it casually like it was designed.. it can be a heck of a lot of fun. With JtLS it's gonna be what it should have been on day1 I feel.

Yes visibility have changed and still don't work right. The biggest part of the problem was that visiblity wasn't being dropped after Jedi's died. Thats fixed. So now Jedi don't have a crapload of BH's after them 24/7. As to gaining visibility by just using your saber anywhere, that is a big problem and nobody is playing their jedi now (well I shouldn't say nobody, I saw a jedi kickin the shiznit out of 2 TKA's and a BH in the Mining Outpost on Dantooine the other day lol). Hopefully that will be fixed soon. It's supposed to only happen when your using force powers infront of poeple that aren't of your faction. So that when your alone or around guildies or poeple of your own faction your fine.

Jedi seem to be especially good at whining.. but I agree this current bug is a serious dampener on their fun.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Eh let me think for one sec.....

NO THANKS ! 

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Oy Vey!!!

Fion is such an optimist. I wish I could share his sunny outlook on SWG. Unfortunately theres the little issue of the game being crap that gets in the way of my optimism. The fact is SOE wouldn't know the truth if they stepped in it. They always try to spin their numbers so it looks as if the game is growing or doing well when in fact they realize that they are losing ground fast. This free 10 days is just an act of desperation.

If you want to take Fion's word that the game is good I say go for it. Go sign up and play it for 2 or 3 months and then come back here and tell me who was right. As far as the JTL expansion adding a Star Wars feel to the game......I don't think so. Adding an X-wing VS Tie fighter game to the already pathetic ground game will not make it Star Wars. It is a DIVERSION. It is something to do so that you will keep shelling out that 15 bucks a month (plus the cost of the expansion which should have been in the original release anyway). Its just sad but don't take my word for it go and see for yourself.

SOE......Gone to the dark side they have.......Lies and deceit are there ways.

ROLEPLAYERS UNITE!!!!!

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.