Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sims 2 is running wicked choppy... someone plz help me?

it just runs real choppy/glichy.. im running on an xp professional but i just dont know any other tecniqual terms and im too retardet to know how to fix it... this also happpnes to me on neverwinter nights but i gave up on that game....::::16::

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

get urself a new video card, and possibly some more ram...

is there somebody in ur house who DOES know what Video Card and how much Ram you have?

either way, for a couple hundred bucks (if that) you can go grab urself a nice top of the line vid card and an extra 512 of DDR

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Lineage, Lineage 2, Helbreath, RuneScape, Mir3, EVE Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tale, Tibia, RYL, Dark Eden, Savage Eden, Astonia III, Ashen Empires, El Kardian, Fung Wan Online, Maple Story, Project Entropia, Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, RF Online, Redmoon, Star Wars Galaxies, Thesa, Conquer Online, Deloria, Fairyland, MU Online, Legends...

--------------------------------------

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

We need a little more information then just RAM/CPU.

What version of Direct X are you using?  Just goto "Start" -> "Run" -> "dxdiag"

That should pull up some information.  Just read what it says and copy it here...

Should tell you the version of Windows, RAM, etc.

A World of Warcraft Guild

What will he do next?
  • BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

oh ya ^^ that too... a good, up to date version of DirctX would most likely help you out a bit (as long as you have descent hardware along with it)

i believe its 9.0b atm, although i havnt really updated/checked it out in quite awhile... maybe i should swing by there...

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Lineage, Lineage 2, Helbreath, RuneScape, Mir3, EVE Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tale, Tibia, RYL, Dark Eden, Savage Eden, Astonia III, Ashen Empires, El Kardian, Fung Wan Online, Maple Story, Project Entropia, Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, RF Online, Redmoon, Star Wars Galaxies, Thesa, Conquer Online, Deloria, Fairyland, MU Online, Legends...

--------------------------------------

9.0c is the newest.

EQ2 will require it.

What will he do next?
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Djin

We need a little more information then just RAM/CPU.
    What version of Direct X are you using?  Just goto "Start" -> "Run" -> "dxdiag"
    That should pull up some information.  Just read what it says and copy it here...
    Should tell you the version of Windows, RAM, etc.

Sims 2 requires Direct X 9.0c to run anyways.  He is probably lacking RAM and his gfx card is probably crap.  I run in with 1024MB RAM and a 9200 PRO 128MB and it runs choppy for me.  For being such a crappy game, it has some high sys reqs.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

It runs choppy on my upper class rig. I think that it is just like that for everyone. The only time that it is not choppy is when I have not moved the camera for awhile. Perhaps it is just a bug that can be fixed with a patch.

-----------------

"I killed your cat, you druggie bitch."

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Funny how it sold like 50 million copies the first week.

Or some crazy # like that.  EA doesn't care... they got more money, and their going to milk the shi* out of this  cash cow... and never patch the damn thing...

What will he do next?
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Djin

Funny how it sold like 50 million copies the first week.
    Or some crazy # like that.  EA doesn't care... they got more money, and their going to milk the shi* out of this  cash cow... and never patch the damn thing...

Or just play the "it'll be in the next $50.00 expansion" game.  The Sims 2 has less items than the Sims 1.  Only thing special you can do now is "Woo Hoo" their lame reference to sex.

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

That's one of the main reasons I hated The SIMs.  You had to buy 20 expanison packs to get any items... yes you could download them, but they all sucked...

What will he do next?
  • jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Runs fine for me.. and I have most of the settings turned up.

2.1ghz AMD athlon
    1gig ram
    9800pro

And it has plenty of new things, btw. :P

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Ya, I am definitely deeply dissapointed with The Sims 2. It offers almost nothing more then new graphics.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979