Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first WoW now EQ2

herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well we all gasped as people sold WoW beta accounts for $200 now EQ2 is planning to beat that record.

Sorry had link here but did not work so removed it.Can be found if you go to www.ebay.com and punch in everquest 2 and should be on like page 2.Currently moron bids is $217 with 6 days to goimage

Sad sad.

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

man!

since your link didn't work..i jst did a search and put the highest price first

there are a lot of them, lol

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    WoW accounts went as high as 700 on ebay.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Yes the eplitpetic board here sometimes messes up my copy and paste and demands i hand write it sadly.

• ThunderlipzThunderlipz Member Posts: 45
    it saddens me that people are selling when I would play and give them good feedback :(

• AdoraAdora Member Posts: 320
    Sad, but to be expected image Burn EBAYERS BURN!!imageimageimage

• phantomrileyphantomriley Member Posts: 45

Its funny to me that your acting like this is some new concept, or that 200 is alot of money for an account. In the original EQ accounts were first being sold on ebay for as much as 2k. When the rumor was spread around that a Microsoft employee payed 10k for a EQ account, ebay was swarmed with accounts being sold and thus was the end of the golden days. =P

This was all 3 + years ago.

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

Originally posted by Regal_TR
    WoW accounts went as high as 700 on ebay.

There was also one WoW account that sold for $1500 on like the first day Beta started.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

You can get into beta by signing up for EQ2's fan faire for $100.. not sure why people keep buying these.. maybe the beta spots for the fan faire don't get sent out for another month or something..

Anyway.. buying beta accounts is sad.

I would buy beta accounts if I was a millionare, though. ::::01:: (I would never buy real accounts/in-game money though).

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• DoomsayerDoomsayer Member Posts: 344
    You will find in life that morons are always ready to throw their money away.image

Everything born must die. All that is, will come to ruin. This is the essence of Doom. So sayeth the Doomsayer.

Everything born must die. All that is, will come to ruin. This is the essence of Doom. So sayeth the Doomsayer.

• FalstaffFalstaff Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Atleast they retain a tester if the beta account is sold.  -- I assume the person is selling it because they dislike the game --    thats probably why anyway!

• xcaliburxcalibur Member Posts: 571

Originally posted by Falstaff
    Atleast they retain a tester if the beta account is sold.  -- I assume the person is selling it because they dislike the game --    thats probably why anyway!

Or they realize that their character is going to be wiped at release and has already experienced some of the game to get an idea of whether they are gonna play it or not....and want $200.  image
  • PhatalPhatal Member Posts: 34
    I would understand if the characters were rolled over into live, but they're wiped. A lot of accounts don't even sell for over $700 after they are decked out and have hundreds of days in them. Paying for something that is going to be destroyed is just sad.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

my opinion on buying a Beta account on ebay when the beta characters will be wiped:

You need to get your head examined.

Originally posted by WizGamer
    Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

I would scream if they decide to let the people keep their beta chars ::::27::

----------------------------------------------

EQ2 Qeynos guild -

www.imperium-arcanum.com

• PhatalPhatal Member Posts: 34

lol Lineage 2 anyone? There were sooooooo many people that played Korean beta and the real game and were just way ahead of the game. So by the time beta ended they were all level 40-50 where the average on each server was 15-25. So when they didn't do a character wipe you had the elite folks and the cheaters who abused tons of bugs to make millions in beta.

Wipe for president.

• dsmorrisdsmorris Member Posts: 7
    Fan Faire invites start on the 11th  I signed up for that.  There was some dumb ass on ebay whos auction was 10 bucks buy it now for info on were to get beta access for 100 bucks...  No doubt he was probably charging 10 bucks to give people a link to the fan faire registration page. 

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

the first thing I would do if I got a beta account (honestly) would be to sell it. I dont know about you, but $700 for a couple of months on a buggy, unfinished game sounds like a good deal (on my part)

I sold my house on Ultima for $100. Got me nwn expansion packs 1 & 2 + wc3 expansion pack and diablo ii battle chest. All that for my stupid, virtual UO house. I think selling accounts on Ebay is actually a very wise idea, as long as your not a buyer. I hope MMORPG.com doesnt kick me out of the EQ2 beta list for that! I was just being honest! image

FFXI- Quit after 10 months
    Ultima Online- Quit after 25 months
    Ragnarok Online- Quit after a week

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

I think thats the exact point the chars are lost when the game goes live.

The  seller probably played a couple of weeks and now knows how to get thru the early stages and what character he will play.

So essentially he gained what he wanted from the game(clearly he has no intrest in reporting bugs).

Now he sells the beta account and makes his $$$$.