Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any conservatives or libertarians out there who build websites?

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,655

I need to make a website, shouldn't be too difficult, but it's of a rather touchy political subject.  If you can do it or know someone else who can and are interested, send me a private message and I'll give you the details.  Thanks.

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,356

You can PM me - I may be able to help, but I don't have a huge amount of time to devote to build an entire site.

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

If you don't care about cookie cutter templates there are plenty of hosting companies that will set you up.  It may not look unique, but if all you care about is content it doesn't matter.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,356
    Originally posted by Sabiancym

If you don't care about cookie cutter templates there are plenty of hosting companies that will set you up.  It may not look unique, but if all you care about is content it doesn't matter.

This is, of course, an option. GoDaddy.com is great - for $8.00/mo you can have a five page site hosted with their Website Tonight templates.

Now, this is for a static page only. If you need back-end programming or a database built, well, it's not so good.

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by Sabiancym

This is, of course, an option. GoDaddy.com is great - for $8.00/mo you can have a five page site hosted with their Website Tonight templates.

Now, this is for a static page only. If you need back-end programming or a database built, well, it's not so good.

1and1.com is another good choice. 

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

Do not publish anything.

We post here for fun, entertainment, sometimes for education . . . but mostly fun.  I do impute a lot of my learning of derivative swaps because of this web page and its community.  I literally had to force myself to learn about these "instruments," and I am convinced it was a risky investment.  And, frankly, as a capitalist, like other risky investments, you bear the risk of loss.  The programs are designed to privatize the profits but pass the risk of loss onto the U.S. taxpayer. 

Edit:  One reason I discuss these issues on here is that (1) no one cares and (2) many of you actually do care about the country, the issues, economy and so forth. It is, for me, a place of MMORPG gamers not necessarily ranting but certainly communicating about complex issues.  It is funny.  Do not take it very seriously. 

Edit 2:  I completely support your Constitutional right to freedom of speech, but be careful about anything you "publish" onto the web page that appears to be serious; that will follow you forever.  Keep discussion open and fluid, but just that.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,655
    Originally posted by Dekron

You can PM me - I may be able to help, but I don't have a huge amount of time to devote to build an entire site.

Thanks Dek, I may have found someone who will do it for me.  But if it doesn't work out, I'll PM you.