Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download your copy TODAY! 3Dmark2005

DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
Minimum System Recommendations
  • x86 compatible processor with SSE support, 2GHz
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 1.5GB of free hard disk space
  • Windows® 2000/XP with the latest updates & Service Packs
  • DirectX®9.0c or later
  • DirectX®9.0 compliant graphics adapter that has 128MB of memory and is capable of PixelShader 2.0 or higher
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6

http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml

A World of Warcraft Guild

What will he do next?

Comments

• CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311
    w00t post your scores ^^

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I am downloading it now.

A lot of sites give you 10k. :)

I found one in China that's giving me 100k... w00t

This new 3DMark is ment for the new line of videocards.

What will he do next?
  • CoraithCoraith Member Posts: 311
    im getting 4k through torrent image My 6800 should be here soon, cant wait to see it fly on that image

I hope my system shows some decent scores.

I doubt it.  If I score around 6k in 2003, I wonder what this is going to be like.

If I had a 6800/x800 then I would still be on the top for nice PCs... but since I have a 5950 Ultra, it's getting old.

3200+
    1GB RAM
    5950 Ultra o/c to hell

Tons of others...  and it's getting old... image

What will he do next?

I got a score of 1226.

I was getting no more then 5 FPS.  And then 1FPS for almost everything else.

Wow...  that sucks.  I don't know if this benchmark is like EQ2 and doesn't like overclocked videocards, but that shouldn't matter.

What will he do next?
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Djin

I got a score of 1226.
    I was getting no more then 5 FPS.  And then 1FPS for almost everything else.
    Wow...  that sucks.  I don't know if this benchmark is like EQ2 and doesn't like overclocked videocards, but that shouldn't matter.

I got a 1445.  I wouldn't worry though.  I don't agree with that at all.  The FPS is way off.  I can play Doom 3 on my 9200 Pro 128MB without too much of a problem.  Plus, if you look at most the average scores, they are in between 1400-3000.  The only people that score real real high are ones with 9800+

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

What is your system?  If you have a 9200 and scored that, something's wrong.

And what's with my Audigy 2 ZS NOT supporting HD Audio...  I thought I have 96khz High definition THX bla bla bla HD audio?

Even DOOM 3 said I don't support HD audio... am I missing something?

I found this offical news.  How can a 5950 Ultra score less then an ATI 9600?

WE HAVE SOME numbers that we would like to share with you before Futuremark finally introduces this long awaited test.

With current drivers, Nvidia will score 5000 points with the 6800 Ultra while the X800XT PR will score only 4500 with 4.9 drivers. With the new ATI driver codenamed 8.07, ATI score will jump to an incredible 5800. All these scores are on a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 machine. The ATI driver will be introduced as the Catalyst 4.10 and we learned it should get its WHQL very soon.

The Geforce FX 5950 Ultra will score a modest 1270 while the Radeon 9600XT will provide 1570 marks. The mainstream card kicks the former high end in its performance nuts.

The Geforce 6800 GT will score 4500.

You will be able to see many more scores on the 29th of this month at 3PM CET when Futuremark lifts the non disclosure agreement (NDA) veil.

What will he do next?
  • milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    I have a 9600 Pro...I'll d/l it later and post my scoreimage

MMORPG's I've played: Star Wars Galaxies, Anarchy Online DAOC, EQ, WW2 Online, and Knight Online

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    hey, i have a P4 3 ghz HT cpu, 1 gig of corsair XMS extreme pc3200, and a 9600XT with the latest ATI divers, and when i run this, i run the first game benchmark fine, but when it loads the second the screen is black for like a minute. Then it quits and goes back tp the 3d mark 05 menue and an error window pops up saying blah blah not enough virtual memory. And this is after a clean restart too. Whats wrong?

• DisruptDisrupt Member Posts: 296

my score woot

• airplane50airplane50 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    my score is 1934, how come there is no sound during the testing?

========================
    Question:Why three monks stands there with a empty barrel.
    Answer:they are waiting for jay and silent bob.
    What For? Please check out next Jay and Silent Bob movie.

• TrebekTrebek Member Posts: 266

I scored 48000

-----------------------------------
    | Final Fantasy | Free iPod |

| Final Fantasy | Free iPod |

Originally posted by airplane50
    my score is 1934, how come there is no sound during the testing?

========================

*shrug*

I think you have to buy it to get all the fancy features.  Oh well.  I also read that Nvidia cards get horrible scores compared to any ATI.

ICQ - 1229876

What will he do next?
  • UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

System:

p4 2.4 northwood 800 fsb

ASUS p4c800 deluxe MB

Nvidia FX 5900 128

1 gb Dual channeled (2 x 512) RAM pc 3200

Win XP pro sp2

DX 9.0c

Score: 960??????????????????

honestly I smell something foul here, either its a conspiracy or my Graph card just fried..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• airplane50airplane50 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Originally posted by Umbrood

System:
    p4 2.4 northwood 800 fsb
    ASUS p4c800 deluxe MB
    Nvidia FX 5900 128
    1 gb Dual channeled (2 x 512) RAM pc 3200
    Win XP pro sp2
    DX 9.0c
    Score: 960??????????????????
    honestly I smell something foul here, either its a conspiracy or my Graph card just fried..
    ========================
    something is wrong here definately, i have almost same pc specs as yours, but i only have 512mb of RAM, and an ASRUS ATI RADEON 9800PRO 256MB graphic card, and my score almost 2 times of yours.
    or simply mean NVIDIA sucks?

========================

What's being found out about this newest benchmark is that ATI's drivers does something different and gives their cards super high scores.  This is almost the same thing with Nvidia and 3DMark2003... when it first came out Nvidia was killing ATI untill ATI said they [Nvidia] where "cheating" with their drivers.

So, give it some time... I would beat it will be fixed.  It's funny how PS 3.0 is getting less FPS then PS 2.1b from ATI.

That's fishy if you ask me.

ICQ - 1229876

What will he do next?
  • UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Allthough ATI 9800 PRO 256 IS quite a bit better then the plain 5900 FX card, i really doubt it is twice as good.

One has to wonder if ATI have had access to either the source or had early verions of the program..

I shall try some other benchmarks, allthough I havent put much value on them things befora, and I am not about to change that..

Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.

I've also read that a 128 ATI is better then a 256 Nvidia...

That right there I think is BS too.  Yeah okay, my TNT2 Ultra is more uber then your x800! Muahaha.

Yeah, okay...  image

ICQ - 1229876

What will he do next?
  • DisruptDisrupt Member Posts: 296