Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gave it a solid go(for real )

2»

Comments

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

The last thing we need is just another fanboi vs troll flame thread over someone's honest opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by hado

I live in a city of about 300,000, i visited the 5 EBgames stores in town, each AoC copy was exactly $10 more then other places such as Walmart and Future Shop/Best Buy.
    Not a single EBgames had game time cards, nor did any Walmart or Future Shop, yet they all sold the game.
    Found that really strange anyway.
    I dont have a CC unfortunately and can't find a place to purchase the game time card online via Paypal.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Ebay, Newegg.com accepts paypal as well(26 for 60day card)

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by solareus

Guess you never smelled a singe ? maybe that would be a better word to use ? to me smoke and singe are the same thing.
    as far as my computer hardware , in dx 9 which to me, looked better, i got 40 + fps. everything played smooth . As stated in my first view of the game, performance was massively increased. Was very impressed with the optimization of the game .
    Think if you're 46 and playing this combo system, you obviously have not worked hard enough, seriously doubt many people will consider web development and the ocassional computer assembly "hard work" Might be mentally challenging(as I am findong out learning javascripting), but physically hard, no.

Just had to say, this whole "profession" vs. "gaming preferences" compare/contrast is probably one of the weirdest I've seen on these forums... Interesting... but weird.
    The other post , I like to read and debate the challenges , but pretty solid on pushing my view of AoC under Lineage 2. Lineage 2 has an amazing pvp , castle seige mechanics that have been working for a long time now, well into 4 or 5 years.  Compare the pvp of AoC and Lineage 2, L2 wins hands down. AoC pvp consists of 2 elements, rez camping + death = pvp xp for X . I can't even tell you how much pvp xp from rez camping I got on tortage, was rank 1 pvp by the time I left with a ranger.

In my own experience, L2 has the most consistently exciting and intense PvP. Be it seiges (good ones anyway), clan-wars or just random skirmishes over hunting spots, raid bosses, etc.. it can be quite exciting; and *hardly* "press one button and wait". Try PvP'ing like that in L2, you're dead. So many different tactics required depending on the circumstances, and it all has to be instant; reflex.

I like to try my best to veiw a game for what is offered, but with AoC , it offers so much of what has already been done, I'm yawning and ready to log off at some of the most supposedly "epic" portions of the game.When I played through the Great Barrows the first time, in lotro, I was on the edge of my seat for 3+hours. THe only time I felt that was once in AoC, and that particular instance lasted 30 minutes. In LotrO when we to Radiance runs, it is intense ! yet in AoC the big instances just feel cliche and thrown together. L2 Raid bosses are epicly amazing, AoC raid boss are just boring and cliche in my own person opinion.

I've said this since AC2... No one (in my experience, or my opinion) does dungeons better than Turbine. In terms of look, detail, ambience, layout, puzzles & traps (DDO specifically)... I've yet to see them topped. The different vaults in AC2 remain among some of my favorite dungeon environments in any MMO. If I remember correctly (been a while), the Great Barrows are in the Barrow Downs, right? If so, then yes... very cool instance, especially for a lower level area. And I know some later ones are even better.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by kilun

Originally posted by hado

I live in a city of about 300,000, i visited the 5 EBgames stores in town, each AoC copy was exactly $10 more then other places such as Walmart and Future Shop/Best Buy.
    Not a single EBgames had game time cards, nor did any Walmart or Future Shop, yet they all sold the game.
    Found that really strange anyway.
    I dont have a CC unfortunately and can't find a place to purchase the game time card online via Paypal.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Ebay, Newegg.com accepts paypal as well(26 for 60day card)

EB Games/Gamestop seems to be moving away from PC Games for the most part. Except for the bigger titles, or some new ones, they really don't stock them anymore.

I once asked a manager why that is and, to quote them, "Because PC gaming is dead". 

Take that as you will... -shrug-

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• AltugAltug Member UncommonPosts: 24

I am a casual player, and do not have much time to play, because I have to work. I do not know how the 'experts' are rating games, I can only tell my opinion about a game. I believe that someone needs to play a game himself rather than to choose according to ratings. I left AoC when my character became level 79, very close to 80.

Well, I had great hopes for AoC, I still wish that it reaches the full potential this game can have, I wish that Solareus was wrong, and the AoC advocates are correct. However, the things some advocates told are not correct. AoC doesn't have any '100 men enjoying full pvp in gigantic siege warfare'. There aren't many 'exiting dungeons for 24 characters'. Well, sure they are more exiting than a pac-man dungeon. The crafting in the game is pointless, cause it is still broken.

I understand that many people had the hopes that this game would be a WoW-killer, and they are frustrated that it isn't. However AoC isn't a crap either, I played many MMOs till now, and I believe AoC had a much better start than WoW even.

I believe that the game suffered from poor leadership, which didn't listen to the problems of the players, but rather aimed for much bigger income by 'enlarging the boobs'. When I last logged in with my level 79 toon, and saw that there was none around to play with during evening hours, i definetly understood that Funcom was doing something wrong.

I just hope that they can keep fixing AoC, so me and my guild-mates can return to it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin