Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

slayer xping

Using the 10 free days to see what changed in the past few months.  It's fun leveling a new character but I'm still fearful of the same problems existing at the higher levels.  Been using a slayer and liking it so far over my kotbs and even my wp.  Anyone got any suggestions on a nice place to level solo with them?  So far I'm just grinding 3-4 PQ mobs at a time for xp and infl for items.

Comments

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

I was looking for similar info for my orc choppa and found this over at Warhammeralliance.com...

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268900&page=2

22-25 Poll of Elthrai (Averlorn)

25-28 Whitemoon Manor (Saphery)

28-30 House of Cards (Saphery)

30-32 The Battle of Avethir (Caledor)

32-34 The Fortress of Caledor (Caledor)

(At the back is 4 sets of 4 Casters, keep killing em in rotation, first set will have respawned by the time you kill the last)

34-36 Dragonwatch Falls (Dragon Wake)

36-38 Caladain's Furnace (Dragon Wake)

38-40 Last Stand (Eataine)

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Do people really do that?

Grind PQs Solo? 

Don't you get burned out and just leave the game right after?

This isn't WoW so I know the Game doesn't start at Rank 40, So I would really like to know why anyone would do that.

Hell add in a handfull of dungeons and city siege and the shit you do at 40 is the same shit I do in tier 2 but im actually playing with friends and having a goodtime.

Im sorry but WAR seems like the one game that doesn't bait and switch at endgame like most.(your getting gear the whole time so to run endgame for sets isnt a switch here like in WoW).

OP I haven't read anything about Endgame that would suggest a radical change so Imo save yourself the lonely grinding and I don;t know do it in WoW were its actually understandable to do since WoW at endgame is a totally different game.

I'm sorry I just don't get why anyone would do that.

Edit: after reading that link it seems this is quite popular..... Just seems sad someone would do this in such a group focused game. Oh well to each his own.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

I agree basically that's taking it to extremes, going to those grind spots and Aoeing your way to 40 is a very dull way to spend time. Doing a quick 10-20% in one of them now and then to finish a level is more what I had in mind.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Garfunkel

I agree basically that's taking it to extremes, going to those grind spots and Aoeing your way to 40 is a very dull way to spend time. Doing a quick 10-20% in one of them now and then to finish a level is more what I had in mind.

Oh ok, Yeah I've grinded out the end of a level in a PQ since I was impatient and wanted my new spell.

I thought you guys were 100% just farming stage 1&2 PQs solo.

Would seem like a waste to me tbh.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• MalthrosMalthros Member Posts: 239

I solo grind PQs because the equipment tends to be worth it from the infl rewards and the time oyu spend getting the items makes up for it when you're running around in orvr or scenes with the better gear.

As buff as you are at lvl 10-11 or 20, 30..etc, in scenes as it is early on, having your character in blue/purple gear that is end-tier is just evil.  Slayer with 2 purple pieces of armor with lots of str/tough, dual purple 1handers from the pit PQ in norsca (or elsewhere), for example, is monsterous.  It's like when you're in sent/DP or full purple at lvl 40 in T4 vs the guys in blue/green with their epic quest weapon (maybe).

I've done the 1-40 with friends already.  The guild I was with appears to be gone and I'm trying a new server.  Having a group at my disposal isn't an option right now.