Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok, So far, what has been the Major Problem of the game?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

So far, what has been the Major issues in the Game?

Note: (not asking if the game is bad)

Comments

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

The biggest issue I can think of is that it hasnt released in the west yet  .

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Constant delays?

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

Ok in all honesty the only thing I have heard bad about the game has been the number of bots,though it does seem that NC are trying to cut it out as much as they can....here's hoping.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I would have to say all the ganking that goes on via rifts. Not sure if you would call it a major problem but it can become a hassle at times if you just want to solo pve for the day.  It's not much of an issue at first but after the server matures and gets more high lvls on it the ganking increases. People will just have to understand that it is part of the game and learn how to avoid the HOT area's on the map's.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RomuluxxxRomuluxxx Member Posts: 9

When does this game come to the US? The beta or full version

Originally posted by Romuluxxx

When does this game come to the US? The beta or full version

Set for Q4,though we still hold hope for Q3 :)

Not a major problem but.....

Some textures need upgrading. Some tera-ferma textures on some of the maps don't look very good. They have the tools and engine to do it,  I'm just not sure why they make some area's nice and some not.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by stayontarget

I would have to say all the ganking that goes on via rifts. Not sure if you would call it a major problem but it can become a hassle at times if you just want to solo pve for the day.  It's not much of an issue at first but after the server matures and gets more high lvls on it the ganking increases. People will just have to understand that it is part of the game and learn how to avoid the HOT area's on the map's.

I enjoy PvP but as a casual player being *ganked* constantly but some bored high level will get old fast. Why not let us toggle PvP like in WoW? Game aspects such as this attract the bottom feeders of the MMO world. :) 

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

why not orginally create a war maps between the factions where you have pvp on and with your own maps you are kinda safe.? i dont get it why game developer push players to do something , like i mean even raid with 25 people.

i mean you dont go buy milk in shop with 25 friends either and competiting against AI with other players is just so last season  in my opinion.

but free pvp allthetime is not what im seeking or wishing from this game.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

To some that would be a great feature rather than an issue. Like you say in between the lines; it adds more excitement to otherwise totally predictable PVE sessions.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by m0lly

why not orginally create a war maps between the factions where you have pvp on and with your own maps you are kinda safe.? i dont get it why game developer push players to do something , like i mean even raid with 25 people.
    i mean you dont go buy milk in shop with 25 friends either and competiting against AI with other players is just so last season  in my opinion.
    but free pvp allthetime is not what im seeking or wishing from this game.

Then go on a PvE server.

O_o o_O

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

I enjoy PvP but as a casual player being *ganked* constantly but some bored high level will get old fast. Why not let us toggle PvP like in WoW? Game aspects such as this attract the bottom feeders of the MMO world. :) 

Seems to attract whining carebears too, hmm?

Because of the way the game is set up. A toggle for pvp on/off would not work.

Example: You and your friends go through a rift to the enemy's side and you run into a player that has pvp toggled off so you can't kill him and move on but that player will warn other players to come and kill them.  Now if you are allowed to interfer via chat then they should be allowed to kill you.

The game is faction vs faction and it's main focus is pvp.  The other faction and there NPC's are the enemy and should be killed on sight.

There are area's and map that are mostly free of pvp but not always because players will always find a way into these area's.

Example: There are two main cites in the abyss (one for each race) that are protected by a force field (if the other race flies into it he will take damage) and also has high lvl NPC's roaming around.  But sure enough I saw a high lvl sin flying around inside the city killing peep's.

Alot of the maps have outpost scattered about with high lvl npc's stationed in them and rifters tend to avoid them, but that is not always the case.  One outpost that had a transportation flight node in it got attacked by four high lvls, They kept killing the npc's near the teleporter and killed any player that teleported in.  It took us awhile to gather forces enough to kill them off.

Some may think the system is broken because players are allowed to do these things but it's not,  It just adds more things for the players to do at the cost of being a inconvenience for the other faction.  IMO it's a small price to pay for adding fun into the game.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

It would be nice if NCSoft makes sure to observe the Korea players and make improvements before they bring it over here. Even if it's a different market, it should mean a better game one would think.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Seems to attract whining carebears too, hmm?

Not winnig at just stating a preference. If that's how the game is designed then forbeit for me to contradict the developers wisdon. There are many other games that are better suited for carebears such as myself. :P Besides I have a good idea of what the cummunity will end up as anyway.

Not winnig at just stating a preference. If that's how the game is designed then forbeit for me to contradict the developers wisdon. There are many other games that are better suited for carebears such as myself. :P Besides I have a good idea of what the cummunity will end up as anyway.

By sampling the people over at AS the cummunity does not seem to be to bad, I have seen far worse.  I regards to the carebear statement,  I guess I have a little of that in me too and it would be nice if the Dev's would make a few more map's that have no rifts so people can focus more on pve, and not have to keep one eye open for enemy factions all the time.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

By sampling the people over at AS the cummunity does not seem to be to bad, I have seen far worse.  I regards to the carebear statement,  I guess I have a little of that in me too and it would be nice if the Dev's would make a few more map's that have no rifts so people can focus more on pve, and not have to keep one eye open for enemy factions all the time.

They did... Bo Moss Isle has zero rifts even in the new areas I thought. So now you can go from 20~50 in Bo Moss with zero interference from Asmos. I'm not sure what the equivalent isle for Asmos is though, but I know they have one as well.

And as far as people mentioning the bots... that "problem" isn't much of a problem anymore and hasn't been since they changed their bot reporting method. There are still a couple bots here and there but nothing to get all emo about. Right after the changed the reporting method, those of us in Divinity who were playing at the time saw the bot population die by at least 75% within the first week or two. Within a month the bot population was widdled down to a very small fraction of what it was. I personally find the ammount of bots the game has right now to be within acceptable levels and is right on par with the western gaming market.

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• YarisagosYarisagos Member Posts: 96

The major problems i saw with Aion.
    1) World is lock in, you can not just roam around, the game makes you travel with in the path.
    For example, if your on top of a bridge, it wont let you jump off.
    It has invisible walls everywhere, it really ruins the experience for me.
    2) Each class is the same for every level. a level 20 Spirit Master is has the same skills as every level 20 Spirit Master in the game.
    3) Its a very easy game, not very complex, easy to learn your class. Seems like button meshing is a bit much.
    For these are my top 3 why Aion does not excite me no more. : (

Right now both factions cannot talk to each other and that in some ways is a bummer.  What made L2 so good was the politics and drama, in aion you will only see drama inside your own faction.  I think they should have a way or quest that will let you learn the other faction's language. When you finish the quest a new chat line will open in the UI so you can flame the other peeps and if you don't want this option then all you have to do is not do the quest for it.