Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok here is my question....

RigonnRigonn Member Posts: 79

I'm going to start playing Mabinogi even thought I figured out it ain't free and that you need to spend 15$ a month in order to truly enjoy it, but anyways. I'm new, would be it good to start at the age of 10? I don't care if it takes more than usual, I just want to enjoy the game to the fullest. Another question, rebirth, what is it?

P.S. If anyone has a guide for the game I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• UchihakiriUchihakiri Member Posts: 3

Hey there, I -actually- made an account for this to answer you, thats how much I like the game. I'll answer your questions.

Yes, it would be very good for a beginner as you to start at 10, while you may be weaker as a result, you WILL gain quite a bit more extra AP every week, and in the end AP is what truly makes you stronger as you spend them into skills. I strongly reccomend it.

Rebirth, is an act in the game where you can choose to reset BOTH your level AND your characters age and appearance, or just their level, and or just their appearance and age. Doing this allows you to gain AP and levels more quickly, as leveling becomes harder the higher your level goes, but not impossible.

As for guides, I haven't seen one EXACTLY, but there ARE guides for beginner quests at the website. Also, you now no longer require currency every month, as you can now rebirth for free at age 20 without a change of appearance however. But even so, you CAN STILL play it without paying every month, as WoW may have you do.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Hi, welcome to the game, here some other link's to help;

http://www.mabiguru.com/

http://www.mabiguru.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

there is also a really good guide in the mmorpg.com mabinogi forum, about how to play for free, this guide has some great charcter build idea's as well as how to play it for free, even thou we get free re-births now,(once a week or month or something like that) it's still worth a read.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/209783/Free-forever-play-is-possible-very-deep-guide.html

Enjoy!

• RigonnRigonn Member Posts: 79

I have read  that after level 30 some of the benefits are removed, which basically makes it necessary to pay. Anyways I wouldn't mind paying 15$ a month due to the fact that I'm  an ex-WoW/ex-WAR/ex-bla bla bla...

Uchihakiri Thx for the response, i'll be making my age 10 character immediately .

Ohh and btw if I may ask, on what server do you play? I'm kinda of looking for a guild or someone to play with.

Originally posted by redcap036

Hi, welcome to the game, here some other link's to help;
    http://www.mabiguru.com/
    http://www.mabiguru.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    there is also a really good guide in the mmorpg.com mabinogi forum, about how to play for free, this guide has some great charcter build idea's as well as how to play it for free, even thou we get free re-births now,(once a week or month or something like that) it's still worth a read.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/209783/Free-forever-play-is-possible-very-deep-guide.html
    Enjoy!

TYVM for the guide. Reading it right now!

Originally posted by Rigonn

I have read  that after level 30 some of the benefits are removed, which basically makes it necessary to pay. Anyways I wouldn't mind paying 15$ a month due to the fact that I'm  an ex-WoW/ex-WAR/ex-bla bla bla...

Uchihakiri Thx for the response, i'll be making my age 10 character immediately .

Ohh and btw if I may ask, on what server do you play? I'm kinda of looking for a guild or someone to play with.

Ah thats quite true, first time newbies who have logged onto the game for the first time with no rebirths, below 30 will get all 3 handy paid support services such as Nao Support and the like. However, once you pass level 30 for the first time, you lose that, even if you rebirth to level 1, it'll be gone, and you must pay. These services are not necessary to progress in the game more easily now however, as one can now rebirth at age 20 as opposed to having HAD to buy a character card in order to be able to rebirth. Thus, you can go back to level 1 after you reach age 20, to more easily gain AP for skills with which to make you stronger.

And I'm kind of glad and not glad that you asked for my info, because at the moment I am staying at my uncles house and am unable to play Mabinogi, the soonest I may be able to play Mabinogi again would be this Sunday and even then I have to do something about a job and some other irl stuff. But I would gladly help you along in the game, so heres my info.

My main character in the game is named "Uchiharakiri" in the Mari server, I am in the Heroic guild. Sadly I may not be able to be there in the game to help you along if you so decide to start playing today or tomorrow, which means I'll miss the chance to help a new player who will be awed and mystified by everything going on in the game...or perhaps I can break a rule and download the game into this laptop, as an exception. But take it from me, the game is a bit easier with people to play with, I'll ponder as to whether I should dl the game here in order to help you out or not, which I rly do.

Originally posted by Uchihakiri

Ah thats quite true, first time newbies who have logged onto the game for the first time with no rebirths, below 30 will get all 3 handy paid support services such as Nao Support and the like. However, once you pass level 30 for the first time, you lose that, even if you rebirth to level 1, it'll be gone, and you must pay. These services are not necessary to progress in the game more easily now however, as one can now rebirth at age 20 as opposed to having HAD to buy a character card in order to be able to rebirth. Thus, you can go back to level 1 after you reach age 20, to more easily gain AP for skills with which to make you stronger.

And I'm kind of glad and not glad that you asked for my info, because at the moment I am staying at my uncles house and am unable to play Mabinogi, the soonest I may be able to play Mabinogi again would be this Sunday and even then I have to do something about a job and some other irl stuff. But I would gladly help you along in the game, so heres my info.

My main character in the game is named "Uchiharakiri" in the Mari server, I am in the Heroic guild. Sadly I may not be able to be there in the game to help you along if you so decide to start playing today or tomorrow, which means I'll miss the chance to help a new player who will be awed and mystified by everything going on in the game...or perhaps I can break a rule and download the game into this laptop, as an exception. But take it from me, the game is a bit easier with people to play with, I'll ponder as to whether I should dl the game here in order to help you out or not, which I rly do.

Tbh, that would be great! I have some work to do as well this weekend. Do you have Xfire? I also own a ventrilo server which could help a bit also, if interested in the info, lemme know. 

Tbh, that would be great! I have some work to do as well this weekend. Do you have Xfire? I also own a ventrilo server which could help a bit also, if interested in the info, lemme know. 

Well it all depends, when do you plan to start playing? Because I hav a SLIGHT chance of being able to play Friday provided I can get my own computer back and the place I'm going to have wireless or something. As for Xfire or ventrilo, I have neither of the two, so, sorry bout that.

• CydmabCydmab Member Posts: 35

NO NO NO. start at age 17. There is almost no reason to start at age 10 now with the free rebirths at age 20. The exception is if you plan to rebirth every week, but that would cost 8$ a week, well over your budget.

If you have already made your character, at tthe very least make sure to make your free elf and giant support characters age 17. (Go to either the elf or giant town, talk to the leader, use the keyword "elves and giants" in conversation, ally with them, and you'll get a free character card for that race. Then talk to the leader again with the keyword, and break the aliance. Then one real life day later, do the same with the other race) Or even, seriously consider starting over. Age 10 will either seriously slow down your advancement, or cost you alot of money, or a little of both.

Things you may want to buy, from most recomended to least:

A thouroughbred horse: ~10$, one time exspense

A backup pet: yellow jindo ~3$ or minibear ~7.50. Jindo is cheap and adequate imho; bear is a better fighter.

nao  service: ~10$ month. Greatly dampens the death penalty. You get this free until you get to level 30, so you can judge for yourself whether you want it

"monthly" paid rebirth. When you reach age 20 (which will happen on a Saturday), use the free rebirth. Then play for just under 2 weeks. Buy a rebirth card at 8$ (or 10$ if you want to change to a more fancy look). Rebirth just before turning age 19 to age 17. You'll age up on that Saturday to age 18. Play two weeks and become age 20. Rebirth for free. This will let you rebirth every 2 weeks at the cost of 8$ a month. (As opposed to every 3 weeks for free, or every 1 week for 8$ a week)

• I've been playing the game for a while, and I really don't think you need to put more than $15-$20 into this game. All you need is a horse and a pet. That will get you through the game with ease. Though the extra stuff is $15 bucks a month, its just a luxary that isn't that important.

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Looking into this but a few questions...

You said the horse is a one time purchase? well I'm looking at the shire in the item mall and it a says "summon time 90 minutes" does that mean he can only be use for 90 minutes then we need to buy a new one?

And is a pet permanent?

Thanks

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by momodig

Looking into this but a few questions...

You said the horse is a one time purchase? well I'm looking at the shire in the item mall and it a says "summon time 90 minutes" does that mean he can only be use for 90 minutes then we need to buy a new one?

And is a pet permanent?

Thanks

You get to use it for 90 minutes per day, this time also get longer, till I'm told you don't have to worry about it any more, it's your for as long as you want, you own it.

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

Ok guess the website is done, I'll have to try to download Mabingoi another time..

Thanks