Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean Aion unable to ru n

Devastati0nDevastati0n Member Posts: 93

cant get Aion to run for the life of me what a Waste of a time card...
Plaync gives me some error there isnt a run icon in the aion folder anymore even did a whole new Operting system

I use to run Aion when it was first out had my account activated and all with time cards now Plaync gives me some error even on a fresh install. Have no clue what to do Logged in the website and got the nprotect updates and ect...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/DeathNeedle/Aionerror.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current classic RPG: Breath of fire II

MMORPGs Played: ArchLord, SilkRoad, World Of Warcraft, Anarchy Online, Astonia, DarkEden, Dungeon Runners, Lineage, Lineage 2, Everquest II, Fury, Guild wars, Knight Online, MapleStory, Metin, Metin 2, Rappelz, City Of heroes, City of Villains, RF Online, ROSE Online, requiem, SUN, Trickster.

Waiting for: Aion

Comments

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

The local PlayNC Launcher doesnt do anything. That error message bascially translates as 'There was an error updating".

You need to launch the game from the offcial website - http://aion.plaync.co.kr/ (Internet Explorer). The same goes for the Test Server client.

www.areyouhellbound.com/forum/showthread.php

I haven't had the chance to test this yet, but apparently they've just introduced IP blocks if you're playing outside of the intended region..you might need to invest in an VPN to get the retail client to launch. I'll be testing this out mysef in the next couple of days, since I have an active account.

• Devastati0nDevastati0n Member Posts: 93

hmm when Aion first was released in Korea I bought an account, VPN and 300 hours. I noticed that I did not need the VPN at all to connect to the patcher or the servers and my connection ran faster than the VPN.

A VPN is $10 and that only lasts a month. I do not want to spend 10 dollars for something that I am not assured will fix my issue.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me use their VPN for less than five minutes to confirm the issue. If the VPN does resolve my problem I will purchase one myself instead of risking more money since of now my 300 hours is being wasted for five days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMORPGs Played: ArchLord, SilkRoad, World Of Warcraft, Anarchy Online, Astonia, DarkEden, Dungeon Runners, Lineage, Lineage 2, Everquest II, Fury, Guild wars, Knight Online, MapleStory, Metin, Metin 2, Rappelz, City Of heroes, City of Villains, RF Online, ROSE Online, requiem, SUN, Trickster.

Originally posted by Lowdos

The local PlayNC Launcher doesnt do anything. That error message bascially translates as 'There was an error updating".
    You need to launch the game from the offcial website - http://aion.plaync.co.kr/ (Internet Explorer). The same goes for the Test Server client.
    I haven't had the chance to test this yet, but apparently they've just introduced IP blocks if you're playing outside of the intended region..you might need to invest in an VPN to get the retail client to launch. I'll be testing this out mysef in the next couple of days, since I have an active account.

Ok I didnt realize big blue button on korean site launched game =) Havnt played aion in a long time its updating now hopefully I am able to login without problem

• simsimhadasimsimhada Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Devastati0n

Originally posted by Lowdos

Ok I didnt realize big blue button on korean site launched game =) Havnt played aion in a long time its updating now hopefully I am able to login without problem

you'd better see my post  'The minor(?) change will be march 25 (korean retail)'

that's why you can't connect to server

play MMO 32hours in week
    my favorite game is
    z9star,Tenvi,Alka(1000vs1000 pvp lol),mabinogi(play almost 6year)

i'm freshman major in chemical engneering in university

...?

There is no problems do not need a VPN to play everything is fixed.

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Devastati0n

...?
    There is no problems do not need a VPN to play everything is fixed.

Thats good news indeed. o/

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Yea, all the older client's that started from the desktop now have to launch the game via web site.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...