Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seeking uk based pc vendor

EranuEranu Member Posts: 191

Hey guys

Time has come to upgrade from my trusty old laptop so was wanting some advice on any uk based retailers i can get a gaming rig from (including monitor) and also some suggested spec that will play most games well. My budget is around £1000

I know it would be cheaper to make myslef however im partially sighted and find it a bit fiddly. I have had a brief lookaround and mesh seem to have some good deals however frankyl the horror stories on people waiting on orders and theire appaling customer service has put me off.  Also found one or 2 at overclockers however im still not sure what spec i should try and get  on my budget. Any help would be appreicated.

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Eranu

Hey guys
    Time has come to upgrade from my trusty old laptop so was wanting some advice on any uk based retailers i can get a gaming rig from (including monitor) and also some suggested spec that will play most games well. My budget is around £1000
    I know it would be cheaper to make myslef however im partially sighted and find it a bit fiddly. I have had a brief lookaround and mesh seem to have some good deals however frankyl the horror stories on people waiting on orders and theire appaling customer service has put me off.  Also found one or 2 at overclockers however im still not sure what spec i should try and get  on my budget. Any help would be appreicated.

My first question is, have you ever thought of building your own system? If no, then you should.

If you build your own you can build a better system for less money and be able to upgrade and replace parts without running to pc shops for repairs like a headless chicken and paying through the nose for it!

I usually buy my parts from amazon.co.uk, you get the cheapest prices and the option for free delivery (if buying from amazon). Also there's a massive choice with ratings to help you make your selection. If you've never built your own before don't be worried, the parts will come with instructions. The ones that don't will be common sense and any help you need you can PM me if you get a bit stuck.

As to what system? I'm building a new system and am looking at this,

CPU    £120

Motherboard    £160

RAM    £135

PSU   £118

HD    £75

DVD   £15

GPU   £193

Sound card   £95

Monitor   £102

Keyboard   £65

Case   £60

Full price = £1138

That's for my system, you may not need a keyboard or a new monitor and maybe you can cannibalize your old DVD, HD and PSU. Also there are many cheaper options on Amazon, so why not build a better system for less than the crap they sell in the store?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Since you can't build your own I'd say your best bet is a custom made DELL fo the UK or DELL XPS, they allow custom builds geared towards gaming,  and their prices are pretty decent for the whole package widescreen monitor etc.  You can only contact dell online or on the phone.  Core i7 are the lastest Intel CPU's and AMD latest CPU's  Phenom II. Any custome build with these CPU's are on decent for gaming.  Nvidia 260 or the 280 or the ATI 4870 is a good choice for graphic cards if you go for custom DELL,