Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvE game on the market

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

When he says zombie, I think he is referring to the state of the game, not the population. 

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Daffid011

When he says zombie, I think he is referring to the state of the game, not the population. 

The state of the game and the population in Halgar. Halgar looks like a dead server, saw 2 players yesterday

1 Levl 50 in Khal

1 level ??? in Tursh

Sartok is a dead server too . Maybe VG is playable for US PVE players, not for european pve players or pvp players. There's enough players in Isle of Dawn, even in Halgar, but not enough in the world.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I'm going to reroll on Seradon and try on US server.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

It was real fun to play a healer in VG (much more than in EQ2). Too bad SOE gave up the game ;/

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by LethalBurst

I'm going to toss in my 2c. LOTRO is currentl the best PvE game on the market. HOWEVER Vanguard has some very cool features.

LoTRO is, without a doubt, the best story based MMO, but this makes it rather linear. Aside from the starting areas, everyone goes through the same storyline, doing the same quests, following the same path, every time.

Not true, anymore.

The storeline quest is the best thing in LoTR in my opinion.  Skipping it is possible but you miss out on a lot of what makes LoTR cool.  Although the tough thing is you need a group for the story line quest where most of the rest of the game is solo.  So even if you want to do the story line quest my experience is that now it is hard to get a viable group to actually do them... 

---
    Ethion

Originally posted by blueturtle13

Well good luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for on Seradon! Vanguard is a great game if you like the style it presents. See you on Seradon ;)

Thanks, of course i like the game, diplomacy, craft, world and classes are really great.

:) Hope RMT won't kill the game... :/  :(

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Ping US 400

Ping EU 200

( Lotro:  ping: 70 ^^)

Another try on Halgar (players met)

- Vesqual' exchange 5 players

- New targonor 2 players

- Khal 2 players

- Tursh O player

-Leth Nurae 1 player

People talking on chan: 80% are level 50.  Noticed old bugs  ( reports for the same bugs at the same places in 2007)

Most of guilds are dead (80 to 100% members offline)

Facts. From Khal to NT/Leth Nurae/Tursh>Vesqual  saw maybe 10 12 players maybe 15

I really like diplomacy, the world and the craft, but ftm it's unplayable. Lotro is playable and played by a lot of people.

I'll stay on Lotro and I'll play sometimes VG for diplomacy. I'll be alone, I expect nothing else. 

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I notice you are looking at Halgar, what time GMT did you do this?

If you tried the same on a US server, during US play times you'd get dramatically different results.

Khal will always have 40+ people in primetime.  New Targonor will push 30+ as well.  Veksals will usually be 40+.  Dunno about Leth or Tursh, haven't travelled through there.  In IoD or Afrit, you'll need to use the count command as IoD will top 100 frequently.  APW will total between 300 and 400 on prime-time raid nights, but luckily that is split across 6 shards.  Seradon can get quite crowded.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

Best PvE is a toss up between VG and LOTRO, but i like VG's gameplay a lot more. The only  things holding me back are:

1) No more Team PvP.  That gave me a good sense of danger when exploring in enemy lands.

2) Development seems to have reached a halt with still a very low level cap, and very little added content since launch.

3) Just not enough players around to really have that MMORPG feeling.

4) Class balance just isn't there.

Isaiah 41:10
    Originally posted by boojiboy

I notice you are looking at Halgar, what time GMT did you do this?
    If you tried the same on a US server, during US play times you'd get dramatically different results.
    Khal will always have 40+ people in primetime.  New Targonor will push 30+ as well.  Veksals will usually be 40+.  Dunno about Leth or Tursh, haven't travelled through there.  In IoD or Afrit, you'll need to use the count command as IoD will top 100 frequently.  APW will total between 300 and 400 on prime-time raid nights, but luckily that is split across 6 shards.  Seradon can get quite crowded.

EU primetime/ Never saw 40 players around me in Halgar, even in 2007.

I have now a rerooll in Seradon (lvl 2 ^^)    Seradon's community seems healthy :p

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by ethion

I'm going to toss in my 2c. LOTRO is currentl the best PvE game on the market. HOWEVER Vanguard has some very cool features.

LoTRO is, without a doubt, the best story based MMO, but this makes it rather linear. Aside from the starting areas, everyone goes through the same storyline, doing the same quests, following the same path, every time.

Not true, anymore.

The storeline quest is the best thing in LoTR in my opinion.  Skipping it is possible but you miss out on a lot of what makes LoTR cool.  Although the tough thing is you need a group for the story line quest where most of the rest of the game is solo.  So even if you want to do the story line quest my experience is that now it is hard to get a viable group to actually do them... 

It's not hard to find groups.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Not true, anymore.

Hmm maybe I'll give it another try.  I played LoTR at release but got side tracked a couple months in with some friends playing another game.  I came back 2-3 months later and spent a couple weeks trying to progress in the main storyline quests and the experience was so poor I just gave up trying to get groups... It was massively different then when I first played cause there were always people in ooc asking for group members and getting a group for the story quests was easy.  But after the initial wave of people pased the lower level content it left a grouping void....

Maybe now more people are playing alts or something and it has balanced out some??  Anyway I'll maybe give it a try sometime this year.  Right now I'm working on finishing eq2 and then I'm gonna go back to vg for awhile.    There might be a time when I'm waiting for the next eq2 expansion I can fill in with LoTR :)

---
    Ethion

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

Not true, anymore.

Hmm maybe I'll give it another try.  I played LoTR at release but got side tracked a couple months in with some friends playing another game.  I came back 2-3 months later and spent a couple weeks trying to progress in the main storyline quests and the experience was so poor I just gave up trying to get groups... It was massively different then when I first played cause there were always people in ooc asking for group members and getting a group for the story quests was easy.  But after the initial wave of people pased the lower level content it left a grouping void....

Maybe now more people are playing alts or something and it has balanced out some??  Anyway I'll maybe give it a try sometime this year.  Right now I'm working on finishing eq2 and then I'm gonna go back to vg for awhile.    There might be a time when I'm waiting for the next eq2 expansion I can fill in with LoTR :)

This is the same reason I left LotRO.  It was a fun game, but I got tired of soloing all the time.  Then I got behind in the Book quests because I couldn't find anyone to group with, so I quit in frustration.

On Topic:  You should give VG another try.  There is just so much to do, and you don't have to be in any hurry to do it.  I'm on Seradon if you happen to give it another try.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Alts, new classes, new revamped starter area, population growth due to an excellent polished gaming experiences.

If you have an old account (paid) you can log in right now with it for free.

Sorry, i really am not trying to make this a LOTRO ad, but it seems some people have not played for a while... I think you will be surprised.

Also, as with all games, a good kinship is a good thing....

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

If I can log in for free now I'll give it a try.  is there a link I can go to to reinstall the game?

---
    Ethion

bah I gave it a try buy my account isn't active....

---
    Ethion

• glorious100glorious100 Member UncommonPosts: 19

I also play on the Halgar server and the population is in many area's pretty low. I have a lvl48 psi and some alts <25 and the only place that has a max of 10 players are on IoD and Veskal's. Pop in the big citys like Khal are very very low even in the bank at prime times. It's a shame that not more EU ppl are playing on Halgar, I also tried to play on Seradon but a ping of 200-250 is to high for me.

I don't know if I will continu to pay for it, I really love the game more then any other out there, but the low population on Halgar is killing it for me.

Originally posted by glorious100

I also play on the Halgar server and the population is in many area's pretty low. I have a lvl48 psi and some alts <25 and the only place that has a max of 10 players are on IoD and Veskal's. Pop in the big citys like Khal are very very low even in the bank at prime times. It's a shame that not more EU ppl are playing on Halgar, I also tried to play on Seradon but a ping of 200-250 is to high for me.
    I don't know if I will continu to pay for it, I really love the game more then any other out there, but the low population on Halgar is killing it for me.

I'ts exactly the same problem for me. I have a ping of 400/500 with Seradon

Can't play on US servers because of high ping but seradon is alive (channel is alive)

Halgar is a desert.You can find players on IOD and VE. You'll be alone in all other areas in Halgar. Maybe high level areas are full of players because in Halgar most of subscribers are level 50 . (no new players in VG since the release) but it's a real pain to play from level 25 (you need a group after level 25) to 45/50 (you can find fanbase, playing VG since the release, and they are all level 50, waiting for POTA since months)

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by glorious100

Everytime I 've been on IoD there have been 40+, or whatever the max number is when doing /who. There is nothing from that spilling over into to main areas on Halgar?

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

the /who command in vg takes a special argument that is kinda unique and that is count.  So if you do /who all 1 10 count it will just give you a count of how many players are playing that are lvl 1-10 upto a max of 200.  I don't think it shows anonymous players.

---
    Ethion

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

well I'm downloading the free trial now... i beta tested it briefly and it was decent but i hear it got better... wish me luck