Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Mortal Online = Mourning+Unreal Engine?

2»

Comments

• RecklessLemmRecklessLemm Member Posts: 35

If I build a car for someone and they take that car and run over 100 people in a crowded market do you press charges against the car manufacturer?

I don't even know why I'm wasting time trying to teach you anything via the Socratic Method.

• giogiopricgiogiopric Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by RecklessLemm

If I build a car for someone and they take that car and run over 100 people in a crowded market do you press charges against the car manufacturer?

I don't even know why I'm wasting time trying to teach you anything via the Socratic Method.

With your philosophic approach to the truth i can say that you 're not  teach me Platonic idealism. You do know Socrates but you can’t pronounce the name of the beast!!

You contacted Mr. Licu by email (!), he replied to you within an hour, and he said that he had no direct involvement with the “Thrones of Fraud” aka “mourn 4 your moneyz”, and this link: http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/360/360153p4.html shows to everybody that this person was the lead Programmer of that scum.

To me this smells like rotten herring fish…. You know the smell, right?

Socrates… Pfff!

"Realms of Torment is a fantasy-based online world in which the uncommon profession of Anarchist is one of 10 revealed to date. The game is unusual is other ways as well. For example, it is the joint effort of two development firms, Quad Software and Maxim Software, both located in the Romanian capital of Bucharest and working for a third company, Limitless Horizons Entertainment, based in the US."

So basically Quad Software and Maxim Software (car maunufacturers) developed a game (car) and then handed the game (car) over to  Limitless Horizons Entertainment (driver) who proceeded to take that game (car) and run you and your wallet over.

For that you want to blame Quad Software and Maxim Software. At least I think you want to blame Maxim Software as co-developers. I haven't heard you mentioning them as part of this supposed group that scammed you and torments your soul.

I wonder why that is? Hmmmmm, could it be because they play no role in your ultimate objective which is to bring negativity into close proximity of Mortal Online?

I suppose that is for the readers of this thread to decide for themselves.

Right my bad, so let me add the remaining part of that paragraph:

Realms of Torment is a fantasy-based online world in which the uncommon profession of Anarchist is one of 10 revealed to date. The game is unusual is other ways as well. For example, it is the joint effort of two development firms, Quad Software and Maxim Software, both located in the Romanian capital of Bucharest and working for a third company, Limitless Horizons Entertainment, based in the US. We initially learned of this game's existence some months ago, and when we recently began to hear more about it, we thought it would be interesting to touch base with the team. Accordingly, we set up what turned into a huge, highly informative Realms of Torment Interview with Limitless Horizons CEO and Founder Dave Jasinski, Project Manager Gireada Andrei, Game Designer Dan Antonescu and Lead Programmer Adrian Licu.

Talk to me about cars Socrates, please...

Did you really need me to add what you yourself had already posted in the thread right above mine?

Are you one of those people who finds it necessary to start a new post by quoting every other previous post in the thread (including your own) because you need to have it as a constant mental reminder of where you were going with your argument?

Sorry...I lost you there!

Have a nice day ;-o

I'm going to try. You have a nice day too.

• RosmariiniRosmariini Member UncommonPosts: 154

Rather useless topic.. Can't really understand the point of arguing since.. Well the OP has been pretty much been proven to be useless..

Currently playing: N/A :(
    Retired from: GW, WAR, Aion, LOTRO, Rift, SW:TOR, Vinductus

• Roko5666Roko5666 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by giogiopric

Right my bad, so let me add the remaining part of that paragraph:
    Realms of Torment is a fantasy-based online world in which the uncommon profession of Anarchist is one of 10 revealed to date. The game is unusual is other ways as well. For example, it is the joint effort of two development firms, Quad Software and Maxim Software, both located in the Romanian capital of Bucharest and working for a third company, Limitless Horizons Entertainment, based in the US. We initially learned of this game's existence some months ago, and when we recently began to hear more about it, we thought it would be interesting to touch base with the team. Accordingly, we set up what turned into a huge, highly informative Realms of Torment Interview with Limitless Horizons CEO and Founder Dave Jasinski, Project Manager Gireada Andrei, Game Designer Dan Antonescu and Lead Programmer Adrian Licu.
    Talk to me about cars Socrates, please...

lol....man the fact that he was the lead programmer for that engine did not mean that Quad or Maxim were not middleware ..lol

If Quad provided the engine solution for that game (as middleware) of course that the lead for the programmers should be from Quad side.

I happen to have also a license of Grome , and it is one of the best app for outdoor i'v ever work with (and ..yes it is a TOOL..aka 3d Studio max , or Maya or Z-brush ) from which you can export in any engine. not only Unreal engine , so.. to say that it a scam it is kind of ignorant …I suggest to study first what a tool mean (you can begin with world editor, vue, grome for outdoors ..3d studio max , maya , softimage ..etc for basic graphic )

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Probably alternate account of the "MO is Funcom" troll.

Funny how all these conspiracy troll posts are the by the under 20 post crowd.

• LicuLicu Member Posts: 2

Hello,

Yes, I was the lead programmer on the rendering engine used for Mourning. This includes the rendering engine, development tools, client exe application. I was not the lead programmer (not even programmer) of the server and gameplay (not that it was something wrong with the server or the gameplay, there were very competent programmers there too, some even from Quad Software).

Again, I had no decision when to launch the game, how to do it etc (actually by the time they launch it I was already working on other unrelated projects for QuadSoftware and completely different clients). The engine was a good solution at that time, and even if Mourning was the main project it was used at, there were other non related projects using the engine, even during the Mourning development (so the engine itself, not the server, was a generic rendering solution that can be used for other applications).

Regards,

Adrian L.

• PrecursorPrecursor Member UncommonPosts: 150

Romania: 2

Giogiopric: 0

And that's game folks.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Despite being told to stay on topic, this thread has gone far from it.

/closed

This discussion has been closed.