Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope this MMO dose not follow WoW...

2»

Comments

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

is there any way this thread can be deleted as it serves no purpose to the population here.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by lornj

is there any way this thread can be deleted as it serves no purpose to the population here.

Im sorry you feel this way. Quick story. Long before CLONE WARS came out I knew that BOBA FETT was going to be a big part of the story and that the clone Wars TROOPERS were going to be based on FETTS armor and this was long before I knew what a FORUM was it was a stimulated descusion based on facts and yes even fiction. I.E. Star Wars REVENGE of the JEDI lol It all has to do with our hopes and expectations nothing more nothing less not trying to be NAGATIVE what so ever. MANY ppl feel that WoW is a WAY over done MMO and many ppl would love to see a better MMO. I for one am keeping my fingers cross for ST:TOR.

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

read my previous post in this thread and you may get an idea of why i said delete this thread.

• RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144

bigdavo you can feel sorry for me all you want but im not the one that has 1k plus posts on some dang foums. get a life loser. compare my less than 100 posts since 06 to yours. and thnx come again. It's net speak get over it moron.

Kick to the Face.

• bapowersbapowers Member Posts: 30

Honestly, why wouldn't you want a game to follow WoW at least on the PvE side.  There is no game out there with as much dynamic PvE as World of Warcraft.  I'm not a fanboi either so keep your flames at bay.  Yeah the PvP side of WoW is just bland as hell, but the PvE side is unrivaled.  If SWTOR has the success WoW now enjoys, I'll be happy as a clam because then it will be a great game.  Talk all the trash you want on WoW but it is the best MMO out there right now.  Fanboi's aside, the success of the game speaks for itself.

Everyone is always worried about a "WoW" Clone, but aside from Runes of Magic there are no true WoW clones out there.

I have faith in Bioware to make an excellent game.  They have a great track record and I think they'll make this game great.  This is one of my most looked-forward to games in recent releases.  I'm just hoping that it doesn't go south like WaR did....and very quickly at that.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Isturi

I just hope that OLD REPUBLIC dose not follow WoW game play. OK first thing before I go any further. What is the official abbreviation in reference for OLD REPUBLIC? is it NOTOR?? or ST:TOR??? pleas clarify. Anyways I hope the BIOWARE have enought since NOT to make this a Star Wars WoW clone. That would totaly destroy this game. I can not see going on Raids or running DUNGEONS for that matter what kind of dungeon content would there be in for the OLD REPUBLIC?? I can maybe see perhaps a ASTEROID dungeon perhaps where you get a quest to go to some asteroid and you have to fight mobs there with the only way to complete it via party. Lol I don't know? Me and my imagination. I see this game more for SOLOING then anything?? But then again it seems that Star Wars is based on questing in a way that ones would have to help each other to meet their goal. It should be interesting to say the least. I just hope it dose not become a FPS game also. Considering that most Star Wars games are FPS. After all that is what I see in the first playable race Bounty Hunter. That seems to me could be your TANK class??

OK to sum it up. Yes Bounty Hunter a tank class. JEDI a MAGE class oh no it is starting to sound like WoW....
    I hope not.

Bounty Hunter a tank ? Jedi a mage ? Please whatever it is you are smoking share some of that with us please.   

Originally posted by bapowers

Honestly, why wouldn't you want a game to follow WoW at least on the PvE side.  There is no game out there with as much dynamic PvE as World of Warcraft.  I'm not a fanboi either so keep your flames at bay.  Yeah the PvP side of WoW is just bland as hell, but the PvE side is unrivaled.  If SWTOR has the success WoW now enjoys, I'll be happy as a clam because then it will be a great game.  Talk all the trash you want on WoW but it is the best MMO out there right now.  Fanboi's aside, the success of the game speaks for itself.
    Everyone is always worried about a "WoW" Clone, but aside from Runes of Magic there are no true WoW clones out there.
    I have faith in Bioware to make an excellent game.  They have a great track record and I think they'll make this game great.  This is one of my most looked-forward to games in recent releases.  I'm just hoping that it doesn't go south like WaR did....and very quickly at that.

TY bapowers for your thought here. I AGREE. I also hope that BIOWARE can have the success that BLIZZ had or has. I think WoW was a good game and a WELL thought of game for gammers in its DAY, But that is the only reason for this this post is that the trend is for most companies to BORROW from other companies vise versa. TAKE BLIZZ for example did not WAR have the achievment system first???

LOL SaintViktor Im smoking BANANA PEELS heehee.... I see you got my point.

• OchieOchie Member Posts: 75

Yes who would want to make one of the best genres like simular to one of the best game styles....goodness what a awful idea.....12 million players....

• OchieOchie Member Posts: 75

I honestly hope it is 90 percent soloing and 10 percent grouping in the PVE side of the game. PVP on the other hand better be all hands on deck kill em all style.

PVE  though needs to be solo or story oriented. Not healer tank dps dps dps style.   Just want to go into a dungeon with 2 friends of WHATEVER CLASS HEY CHOOSE W/E!  And attack a swarm of bad guys and a boss.

Self healing or self survival skills would be the fix for that.  Bandages / medicine / ect....

Being able to keep yourself alive with skill and preperation would fix the need for tanks and healers....

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Ochie

I honestly hope it is 90 percent soloing and 10 percent grouping in the PVE side of the game.

WHAT???????????

*Picks jaw up off the floor*

I think you are in the wrong genre bud. Single player games are that way ->

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Anyone that says they can reach level 80 in wow within a couple weeks is not a casual player. I'm a casual player and I'm lucky to get 12 hours a week in game. I agree the game is not that difficult but in the end  people enjoy playing it so let them have their fun. As for SWTOR I hope it has massive quests with  a great storyline. I want options of solo and grouping. I hope the only raiding is for pvp. I truly despise raiding and  the raiding community at least the ones I have experienced in wow seem to be plagued with casualties of puberty. Really as shame as I have met some decent people but the jerks are much more vocal.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Rakuji

bigdavo you can feel sorry for me all you want but im not the one that has 1k plus posts on some dang foums. get a life loser. compare my less than 100 posts since 06 to yours. and thnx come again. It's net speak get over it moron.

Aww sorry if I hurt your feelings... now I feel even more sorry for you.

O_o o_O

• coomscooms Member Posts: 219

Actually this game feels more like an Age of Conan to me but with the tortage quest line through the entire game. The whole 4th pillar thing they keep preaching about is a little unsettling because I really didn’t like tortage in AoC. But I did like the game once I was out of that area. Just the feeling I am personally getting. Either way I could care less. I liked wow, I love star wars, and so this is instant win for me if it IS the same. Sadly if this game fails for me the only game I can even say I’d be willing to buy without a trial will be blizzards unannounced MMO because for me, SW:KOR would be the last straw in a string of titles that personally disappointed me greatly. Crossing my fingers that it’s a great game!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I honestly hope it is 90 percent soloing and 10 percent grouping in the PVE side of the game.
    People that want that much solo is exactly why it sucks to play certain MMO games, MMO = massively multiplayer online meaning you sociliaze and group with other players, in some games people prefer to solo more than group up and it's boring. Tabula Rasa showed a bit of that, it was 95% solo all the way to 50 with some random invites to instance runs, while City of Heroes is heavily based on grouping for faster leveling.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

Originally posted by ktanner3

Yes, it would be really horrible if TOR followed WOW with their huge number of players and transformed the entire industry. That would just be so tragic.

Yes yes, WOW is the best thing since Christmas and its the only MMO worth playing. Dont  you have some dailys to grind or something?

So what should be the game for others to follow? I'm curious. Do you have one or has no game in the history of MMOs reached your grand expectations? For all the trash talking you guys do on WOW, it has remained the industry leader FOUR and a half years after it was released. No other MMO has ever come close to that. Obviously you and others like you are in the minority.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

ktanner3 you wrote:
    So what should be the game for others to follow? I'm curious. Do you have one or has no game in the history of MMOs reached your grand expectations? For all the trash talking you guys do on WOW, it has remained the industry leader FOUR and a half years after it was released. No other MMO has ever come close to that. Obviously you and others like you are in the minority.

Yes, I agree with the fact that WoW is at this time the industry leader for MMO's. But it will have to take a BOW sooner or later. In my WISHFUL thinking I hope that ST:TOR dose not FOLLOW any MMO but its OWN. It is after a Star Wars MMO and STAR WARS is the INDRUSTY leader in the ENTERTAINMENT field since 1977. NOTHING not EVEN WoW comes close to Star Wars dollar wise as far as that goes.

MY Greatest Thx to a MR. GOERGE LUCAS for his imagination.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Ha Ha Ha Ha..

Only takes 10 or 11 days of casual gaming to reach max level with end game gear?    Now that was funniest thing i've heard in recent months..   Can someone points to to that game he's talking about, I want to play it, and do they have a 10 day free trial.. I want to be a god by the time the free trial runs out.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

5 pages of irrational WoW hate and the responses to that. Don't you know thats soooo 2006. Oh darn, now I responed to it too!

I think the opening poster only mentioned it because he knows nothing else to compare with. But yes, still his fault for bringing it up.

Weird that he doesn't even mention what parts he would dislike. He actually even says it would be interesting and then continues to say he hopes it doesn't become an FPS game either.

This whole topic really is useless. I can understand why someone posted to have it deleted.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by sookster54

People that want that much solo is exactly why it sucks to play certain MMO games, MMO = massively multiplayer online meaning you sociliaze and group with other players, in some games people prefer to solo more than group up and it's boring. Tabula Rasa showed a bit of that, it was 95% solo all the way to 50 with some random invites to instance runs, while City of Heroes is heavily based on grouping for faster leveling.

WRONG..   MMO does NOT mean you have to group up with others in game..  Where did all this illogic come from?   Lets go back and look at the words here people..   MASSIVELY  (ok, that is alot of people) MULTIPLAYER (this means that more then 1 person is playing the game at the same time you are)  MULTIPLAYER does NOT mean you are required to group together.. Going to a pub or bar is social, but I'm not required to sit and drink with others, or play pool with them.. ONLINE (I guess this means it requires the internet).. LOL  as oppose to playing at the kitchen table..  It really pisses me off when people start to redefine words over time because they had a poor english teacher..

As for City of Heroes.. I quit playing that game because it was unsoloable and not casual friendly..  CoH was too group demanding, which probably explains it's NON impressive subscription numbers of LESS then 150,000 and dropping.. Now if they made that game solo friendly I would go back to it an heartbeat..

• yanzanyanzan Member UncommonPosts: 31

.."Besides people - even me - want a science fiction game. NOT a fantasy game anymore."

yes me too , and i wonder why is SW:TOR as "fantasy"-game in the game list here on this side.

Anyway , even if it will be a WoW - oriented game ill play it  :)

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

It is always a nice touch when you see all the Wow haters camping around a new big future title.  :))))
    It will kill Wow. Yeah. Say goodbye to your 11 million Wow noobs.
    OK first shot RIGHT in the middle of it:
    I saw my first in game movie of SW: KOTOR.
    An extemely intense fight of a Jedi Knight (paladin) using  a light sabre (Mace of Light) to fight a tigre (or was it a boar?) in some wide open space (outland). All in cartoon colors.
    Of course it will be a Wow clone, it is being sponsored by EA for God's sake. They WANT a piece of the golden pie SOOO badly and asap.
    War will be dumped by EA as soon as this baby hits 1 million copies sold (or is it accounts created).
    And I just downloaded CoH just to view the Cryptic crew "works of art" on Star Trek.
    Good God perhaps 2008 was the best year of all that will follow :))))))

If you put it that way you could just as easily say it is a Everquest (original not EQ2) clone.  Its not really that you are seeing a WOW clone but rather it is not a GENRE buster. The way you state it the real issue I see for you is that it is not breaking out of the typical MMO Genre and Methodology.