Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i am downloading the Trial

So I am downloading the trial and if you people dont mind answering a few questions for me.

1. What is the main healers for (order/chaos)?

2. What is a good tank class to go with that healer?

Friend and our downloading it now and he does tank and I heal just looking for a good pve/pvp combo.

3. Also is there a dps class that just pwnz face?

Kick to the Face.

Comments

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by Rakuji

So I am downloading the trial and if you people dont mind answering a few questions for me.
    1. What is the main healers for (order/chaos)?
    2. What is a good tank class to go with that healer?
    Friend and our downloading it now and he does tank and I heal just looking for a good pve/pvp combo.
    3. Also is there a dps class that just pwnz face?

1. Main healer for chaos is the Zealot. The secondary healer is the shaman, but a decent amount of people play the shaman dps spec... (Sigh). Then the secondary healer (which can be a full healer later on) is the Disciple of Khain, they have a beat people up, heal people mechanic. For order, the main healer is the Runepriest, secondary (same as shaman) is the Archmage, then the DoK mirror is the Warriorpriest.

2. All tank classes do something different or better, and have different playstyles. (Destro) The Black orc has a combo system, where you can use only certain skills that unlock the use of others, that unlock the use of the 3rd combo, then it resets. They also have war bellows, which have a 25% chance to do something (Differ for each spec) on hit. The Chosen has auras the buff allies and debuff enemies nearby, and you pretty much twist them, as in, you constantly switch between them, they stay on for 12 seconds after taking it off, and you just go into a circle of twisting your auras. And the Blackguard gets hate to use abilities from hitting people and being hit.

(order), swordmaster has the same mechanic as Black orc, Knight of the blazing sun is a mirror to chosen, and ironbreaker is similar to the Blackguard, but the difference is they don't get grudge to use skills by hitting people, only by being hit and their oath friend being hit (You can choose who you want in your party to be your oathfriend)

3. Bright wizard, and the new classes that were held off till now, the choppa and slayer. The choppa and slayer will probably get a nerf soon, don't know about the BW, but hope they do soon.

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

On the Order side for healers:

1.  Rune Priest (RP) is the best healer but has limited damage capabilities.

2.  Warrior Priest (WP) does a decent amount of healing and can melee fairly well; kinda like a paladin that wears a robe.

3.  Archmage (AM) is in between the RP and WP.  They do a lot of damage and have nice healing abilities.

RPs and AMs are known as "squishy" classes, meaning they don't last long when someone starts beating on them.  Also, they are the prime target for destro.  WPs take longer to kill, which sometimes allows for your teammates to get to you and help out.

My advice is to play all 3 classes to lvl 10 and see which you like the best.

Ion

And, oh by the way, welcome to the WAR!!!

• AmanautorAmanautor Member Posts: 55

I play both a healer and a tank. Here's how I would rate them:

1. The best healer for Order is the warrior priest, full stop. Best survivability and best heals when equiped with a book, including the best defensive spells like damage absortion shields and superior AoE healing. The other healers dont even come close; the rune priest has no pure healing tree and the archmage is too weak right now (but has ok shields).

For Destro, the warrior priest's mirror is the discipline of khaine (dark elf healer).  Contrary to the WP however, he is outshined by the shaman. Yes, the best healer is the shaman for destro, if you dont mind giving up survivability and the insane damage of the DoK. Overall the DoK is stronger as a well-rounded character than the shammie, but the shammie is a better healer and hard to target too (he is very small).

2. The best tank for order is Ironbreaker (dwarf tank). You should spec for the ability that gives him an AoE knockback (Earthshatter I think). Other classes dont even come close. Human tanks cant hold aggro since the patch and elves, as a whole, are weak.

For Destro, you have more choices. The Black Orc used to have an overpower self healed but hit got nerfed, so now all 3 choices are solid. Black Orcs are still more tanky and do well in duo, Chosen have insane aoe dps right now (due to Rending Blade(?)-nerf pending) and Blackguards are good anti-casters. I'd go with black orc if I were you.

3. AoE specced Bright wizards and dwarf slayers are the best ranged and melee dps at the moment. for order. Slayers with a back up healer are ver strong. Witch hunters are ok if you want a stealth class but they tend to die alot. Avoid white lions, their pets suck. For order ranged dps>melee dps.

For destro, Choppas are great with a healer to back them up and witch elves are solid too (the latter are also a stealth class). Marauders are cool to because they can pull enemies to them, but currently the choppa is overpowered imo. The best ranged damage dealer for destro is the sorceress, but tbh overall all 3 ranged classes are solid. However melee dps with a healer>ranged dps. Also order ranged dps>destro ranged dps.

So for uberness, chose between the bolded classes. Other options may be good but they are not the pwnzors. Welcome to the game!

• RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144

I tried out the Shadow Warrior, the Bright wizard and the Maraudor, and made it to level 2 on teh bright wizard, imo the game is weak sauce. but thats just me.

Kick to the Face.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I tried out the Shadow Warrior, the Bright wizard and the Maraudor, and made it to level 2 on teh bright wizard, imo the game is weak sauce. but thats just me.

pick a class and stick with it.

join up for scenarios.

pick up some quests.

get a group together for a Public Quest.

Go to the Open World RvR areas and find a Warband to join up with.

Also...don't join low pop servers.

You have a lot of choices, but don't play this game hardcore. You will get burnt out. Try to mix up what you do. quest a little, do some ORvR, que for scenarios, and gather up a group over the regional channel for PQs. Seriously...if you try to JUST quest...the game will be incredibly weaksauce, but the classes really get better as you level. If you like to heal, but also like to do some DPS...I would suggest The Warrior Priest on the Order or the Disciple of Khaine on Destro. They are really cool classes for people that need to fill more than one role. I enjoy my WP a lot. Good heals and decent damage and more survivability than the other healers.

don't give up after 2 levels. It gets a lot more exciting in tier 2.

and take your time. DO NOT RUSH TO ENDGAME. it will come in good time. seriously...if you rush, you will hate this game.

alright.../rant over

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• AmanautorAmanautor Member Posts: 55

Well that was fast.

Spend more than 5 mins with class and join an open group for some rvr and you might change your mind.

Seriously though, your attention span sucks. All mmos suck at lvl 2.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Make a char and press that "join a scenario" button to get into PvP immediately (well as long as it takes for a scen - PvP match - to pop).

In that one run you'll get a level and see how the game is played by others. All your abilities get somewhat buffed whenever you enter PvP at low level so you are not completely useless.

In fact you can level by PvP completely - however the best way is to do some quests with constant queuing for scenarios. When the fight (scenario) is over you are returned to the place where you were so you can continue with your questing. This is the best way to get a feel of the class to the 5th or 6th level (it shouldn't take you more than an hour or two I imagine). At this point the game will lead you to the first warcamp where you can enter open world RvR and fly to other racial pairings for a bit more serious getting to know things.

By level 10 you should be pretty certain if you like the class or not... However from what I gleaned from your posts you are more of a solo player so do not pick a class that is group-dependent. In WAR there are classes that DO melt faces but they pay it off by heavily relying on support from other players (Sorcerers and Bright Wizards - who actually damage themselves - are extreme examples, if you don't have a dedicated healer your'e crap, if you're in a good team you do lay waste). If you want to be more of a solo, devil may care guy then roll a healer and spec it for damage - Warrior Priests and Archmages specced for DPS are very viable, as are Rune Priests specced for survivability (lol I saw a tank RP build that would put most tank classes  to shame in terms of raw armor and damage resistances... and it heals itself as well). Just remember to notify others that you're damage specced and that they shouldn't count on you for much more than an occasional rez. People get pissed off if they count on you for heals and then jump into crazy suicidal situations which end badly cause you couldn't keep them alive. Just teamplay and talk and all will be fine.

The main thing to remember is: WAR is a group-balanced PvP game. The rock-paper-scissors mechanic is emphasized throughout. If you are a tank, you do not have a chance against a healer. A melee DPS will get pulverized by a tank, but a healers worst nightmare is that very same melee dps-er. It is all about playing well with others and picking your fights. If you're dreaming about being "better killer" than everyone else on your server then this is not the game for you. Oh there is plenty of room for skill - if you're playing a tank and happen on a healer then your job is to annoy and bother him so he cannot heal his allies effectively and has to pay attention to you - it is all about teamplay really. You can bend this a little and make more of a solo character that can take any threat but only up to a point.

Paradoxically - in this game which is all about PvP it is the teamplay and cooperation that make you a good player. It is all about your side winning and not your own personal aggrandizment - in fact that's the surest way to die pathetically ("oh I would heal you mate if you'd remembered to protect my squishy healer ass"). The best and most valued players are always those who play for their side to win and not just to prove that they're uber.

Oh, final word - the tank/healer combos are best when taken from the same race. Dwarf Rune Priests work fantastic w Ironbreakers (some would say it's the best 2-class combo period) and Elven DPS Archmages combined with spirit res debuffing Swordmasters can be pretty nasty too. This will help you and your friend since you will get to play together is the same area from the start (each race has its own starting zones and beyond).