Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New GM Low of Incompetance

wartywarty Member Posts: 461

Ok so first off the start (duh)

My friends new guild was trying to do its first ever naxx 10, they didnt quite have the numbers so a pugger was brought in. Yes now I know pugs are trouble but this story is somthing special.

The guy joins long enough to get locked then announces his departure. He leaves the raid and says good bye. No problem youd think right? Except instead of leaving he has a friend invite him into another raid, meaning he doesnt leave the instance or get ported. Obviously we dont notice this until the replacement, another friend who we phoned up to come along, tries to enter and gets the instance full message. We pass it off as a bug and tell him to keep trying. A while passes and as we carried on clearing we eventually had a couple of deaths on some trash, np, theyl just leave and re-enter, right?

Wrong!

Only one of the few who died get to enter, and who do we see inside the portal? 3 uninvited guests who are filling up the spots of the dead members. Sure enough everyone else gets the instance full message. So we run up to them and ask wth is going on. They proceed to call us names, theifs, insult our mothers and let us know of their sexual conquests with our sisters. They say that they have cleared the dead bosses and we are in their instance. They then tell us they intend to wipe us by pulling mobs onto us until we die/leave at which point they say the raid waiting outside will fill up the instance so that we cannot play.

We try to clear some trash and lo and behold along they come with a train of mobs, killing us. We begin to fill out petitions to gms to find out what will be done.

Short story: the gms dont give a shit. The say, as their raid ID is the same that they have every right to be there. We explain that if they went and read the chat logs you will see them telling us they are here to grief and that was their plan all along. They /dance and tell us theyre getting drunk and playing on alt accounts while they stop us from raiding.

The gms say that training mobs is perfectly valid style of play and that nothing can be done. THe gm i personally spoke to was pretty rude and sarcastic, his best suggestion was that I go eat a cookie, as it may help. I cannot tell you how disgusted I am at this point. Let me assure you I have played this damn game since day one of EU launch, and this is the first time ive encountered a rude gm, having had many, many enciunters for various reasons.

The nxt person who has an gm respond tells us that it is infact AGAINST the rules and that the players will be put under servailance. Funny because they pulled mobs on us for the next hour or so. Over the entire weekend we are subjected to random abuse from players from the guilds of those 3 and a constant barrage of spam has been spewed into naxx general trashing both my guild and my friends. They have carried on harrassing us and have even turned down a gm offer of having their ID reset, again boasting to us that they said no because they only want to harass us.

I have today cancelled my account, and under reasons why is a section called harrassment, under that, mob training. It quite specifically says it is against the rules and that action will be taken. Again funny because if a gm spent 10minutes watching our instance they would have seen it happen. This whole ordeal has cost 15 people across 2 guilds not only their naxx runs, but a lot of gold, time and frustration.

In total we have made around 30 tickets (ive spoken to atleast 5 differnet gms) and NONE have even come close to saying the same thing. Most simply didnt even read the tickets we made and asked us what is wrong. If this kind of harassment is so clearly stated as wrong then how has it been allowed to go on for 4days taking into acount that tonight, they are once again trying to come into our fucking raid.

Im am SO FUCKING ANGRY right now not even over them doing it, but the sheer incompetance of the gms, the fact virtually none of them have so much as looked at their rulebook, or consulte each other, or clearly, written down the fact this is happening, because surely somthing of this magnitude and number of reports would get noticed.

Ive been sworn at, abused, my mother and sister called a whore, griefed and stolen from, this for all members who have tried to raid over friday til tonight, and yet the gms wont do anything. I am flabbergasted that this has been allowed to go on as far as it has and it is made all the worse by the fact they perpetrators have clearly said in /s and /w that they dont even care. Will a gm read the chat logs? No! Will a gm help out a bunch of customers who have played since the vry first day? No, theyd rather let a bunch of cocks abuse the system, because, the rules say so.

Ive played around 20mmos in my time. I have griefed and been grieded in them all. This is the only one where it has gone unpunished, and yet it is meant to be the most friendly, well gm'd of them all. If a single one of those gms had an ounce of competance the result would be clear - at the very minimum forced resets of instance ID for the cock faced little shits and their guildies with the same id.

Will my final ticket, currently sat in a queue make any difference? I doubt it, which is why im using it to request to speak to a supervisor, because those gms over the weekend were rude, sarcastic and incomeptant.

/wall of text over, I apoligize to your eyes but I cannot even begin to say how stupid this situation is. Blizzard needs to wake up and realize that they cant keep shitting on everyone like this. Yes its the big dog, but that doesnt give them the right not to care. Unless action is taken against those individuals they wont see my nor my friends money again and that actually makes me really sad because in all, wows just great :(

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Actually Zon, what he is describing is possible.  The pug player left the raid and immediately started his own raid group by inviting other people to his group.  If he never left the zone then new members from either raid group couldn't enter the zone.  Once the original group died/zoned out others could zone in and chaos ensued.  Intentional to screw with the original group or the pug player who left just didn't understand the mechanics of what he was doing I don't know. 

Either the pugger didn't know what he was doing and got defensive/abrasive when you guys talked to him (maybe you were just as upset from the start) or someone went an extremely long unpredictable way to grief your group for one night out of revenge.  Maybe some past history between members or something.  That is just speculation, but it doesn't sound like either group was in the best frame of mind over this (accident or not).  Likewise it could be that your words did not sit well with the GM if they did in fact treat you as you claim.  It sounds like a lot of people let tempers fly and get the best of them the whole night.

Sorry to hear your night got ruined.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

The OP really needs to chill out. So his night on WoW did not work out. And.....

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Is there a reason you just didn't all leave the raid, reform your group and start over? I know it's a big pain in the ass sometimes, but if they were griefing you that bad I would imagine it would have been a better solution than to try and get a GM's help. Of course I am not familier with WoW so there may be issues here that I don't completely understand. As for the GM's behavior it was pretty pathetic, but I'm only getting one side of the story. Do you have screen shots?

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by warty

his best suggestion was that I go eat a cookie

That is an awesome suggestion ^^

Tbh, I wouldn't expect WoW GMs to have done anything in a situation like this altho they should have fixed the issue with the second group there.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• IronZIronZ Member Posts: 107

I don't raid so I may be wrong, but couldn't you just have left the instance, left the group and reformed and started again?  I know you had mobs killed already but sounds like would have been a lot less frustrating.  Also, I'm not saying you are a liar, but when peeps post about GM's bad behavior, it holds more cred if you post a screenie.

Z

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by xaldraxius

Is there a reason you just didn't all leave the raid, reform your group and start over? I know it's a big pain in the ass sometimes, but if they were griefing you that bad I would imagine it would have been a better solution than to try and get a GM's help. Of course I am not familier with WoW so there may be issues here that I don't completely understand. As for the GM's behavior it was pretty pathetic, but I'm only getting one side of the story. Do you have screen shots?

I don't raid a lot or at all lately in WoW but it isn't possible to just start a new group and restart the raid... as long as the other guys are in there with the same raid ID, they are taking spots for the OPs raid. Players keep raid IDs for an entire week. So it wouldn't matter if they left and came back in.

• kuiper50kuiper50 Member Posts: 12

Oh man i feel your pain. Funny thing is everyone who responded to you has no idea how raid id's work.

plus they didnt just ruin one night of wow like an OP said those jerkoffs runed the raid for the week.

I quit playing because of the same issue and having to deal with asshole GM. You should have taken a screenshot of him saying have a cookie and called him in.

• kingfelixkingfelix Member UncommonPosts: 214

This is just one example of the overall poor community of WoW. I'm not saying the community is all bad, but with it's accessibility and it's cartoony graphics, WoW tends to attract more little kids and other immature gamers with little MMO experience/etiquette. Every time I have tried coming back to this game I've found the game-play itself to be pretty good, but the community is what pushes me away. I'd suggest maybe trying another game with similar game-play, like LOTRO, EQ2, Vanguard, etc. Those games all offer a similar(if not better) experience as WoW, but with a much more mature community overall.

I think part of the problem with the GMs is that the game is so successful they don't really care about a few people's bad experiences. To me that's all the more reason to switch to something else.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by jusomdude

Originally posted by xaldraxius

I don't raid a lot or at all lately in WoW but it isn't possible to just start a new group and restart the raid... as long as the other guys are in there with the same raid ID, they are taking spots for the OPs raid. Players keep raid IDs for an entire week. So it wouldn't matter if they left and came back in.

Ah, I see. Thanks for filling me in.

That really is a screwed up situation. Not much you could do but to petition. I'm not sure how WoW get's their GM's, whether they are employees or just volunteers, but they certainly should have been able to come up with a reasonable solution to the problem rather than just letting it go and allowing these guys to harrass you. That said though if you enjoy the game normally I wouldn't allow this one freak occurance to cause you to quit. There are these kind of jerks in every game you play. You just have to take it with a grain of salt and hopefully not get into the same situation again. I doubt if your asking to talk to the supervisor will get you anywhere, but I hope that something happens that will help you resolve the issue without you giving up on the game entirely.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by kuiper50

Oh man i feel your pain. Funny thing is everyone who responded to you has no idea how raid id's work.
    plus they didnt just ruin one night of wow like an OP said those jerkoffs runed the raid for the week.

I quit playing because of the same issue and having to deal with asshole GM. You should have taken a screenshot of him saying have a cookie and called him in.

I understood exactly what he was talking about, but have no idea what happened after that night.  So it ruined their night and possibly the raid ID for the week, but if that was stated I missed it.  

This type of thing happens in every mmo.  More people playing wow, more stories of players clashing. 

As for the GM, well seems there were lots of tempers flaring so anything is possible.

• iamct2327iamct2327 Member Posts: 162

LOL OMG nerd Rage! Chill it's a game never understood you wackadoos. Thank god I quit this game a while ago. I was never into this whole raiding thing anyway for 9  hours. You are the type of person who needs to quit WOW do it now never go back dude its just a game. SHHH I know its a secret lol.

Hey dude come over to WAR yeah its buggy and yes they need to do something about the game engine but hey its better than World of Weirdos!

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

It is hard for GMs to properly solve any problems in WoW sometimes they get it right sometimes not.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Daffid011

Actually Zon, what he is describing is possible.  The pug player left the raid and immediately started his own raid group by inviting other people to his group.  If he never left the zone then new members from either raid group couldn't enter the zone.  Once the original group died/zoned out others could zone in and chaos ensued.  Intentional to screw with the original group or the pug player who left just didn't understand the mechanics of what he was doing I don't know. 

Either the pugger didn't know what he was doing and got defensive/abrasive when you guys talked to him (maybe you were just as upset from the start) or someone went an extremely long unpredictable way to grief your group for one night out of revenge.  Maybe some past history between members or something.  That is just speculation, but it doesn't sound like either group was in the best frame of mind over this (accident or not).  Likewise it could be that your words did not sit well with the GM if they did in fact treat you as you claim.  It sounds like a lot of people let tempers fly and get the best of them the whole night.

Sorry to hear your night got ruined.

Strange. I think more was going on back there. It is obvious the GM's thought the same.

And that's perhaps why these GM were investing the thing in the first place.

The problem with these kind of posts is there is always more to it than the poster explains.

Certainly the part of "murdering his sister and mother" thing is odd.

Curious that in playing Wow for 3.5 years I never see those things..

You haven't? Really?

Not this specific situation (true or not true) maybe but my WoW experience is riddled with unpleasantness and abusive behaviour from other players. 

Last I checked the raid mechanics would indeed allow for this sort of situation... and I can definitely believe that part of the community is  capable of going through such complex planning just to annoy others.

That said, OP you mentioned it yourself... Pugs. You can't pug in that game it's just not possible if you want a good gaming experience. I finally (and permanently) quit when both my guilds on both servers disbanded. Why? Because PUGs were such a misery.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

There is always 2 sides to a story. Besides coming over here and get all worked up doesn't do squat, except venting some rage.

Anyway, if this crap is possible it's a serious exploit and you should report it via the bugreport thingie WoW got. Forgot what it's called, but it was there when I still played the game. Clueless gm's nothing new either. You get them in every game. Remember telling a gm in AO how pathing worked for pets as the gm didn't have any clue whatsoever on the mechanics behind it. The issue was never fixed for me either over there. I hear pet pathing is much better now though in AO but nevertheless my story prove the gm's can be as clueless as nublets too sometimes. Only other thing I can suggest is writing support an email explaining what happened and the name/s of the rude gm's.

Edit:No it wasn't an ARK. I just sense someone will ask that so I'm getting ahead of that question.

Edit2:Wow. The new edit message interface is buggy.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• GMethodGMethod Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by slask777

There is always 2 sides to a story. Besides coming over here and get all worked up doesn't do squat, except venting some rage.
    Anyway, if this crap is possible it's a serious exploit and you should report it via the bugreport thingie WoW got. Forgot what it's called, but it was there when I still played the game. Clueless gm's nothing new either. You get them in every game. Remember telling a gm in AO how pathing worked for pets as the gm didn't have any clue whatsoever on the mechanics behind it. The issue was never fixed for me either over there. I hear pet pathing is much better now though in AO but nevertheless my story prove the gm's can be as clueless as nublets too sometimes. Only other thing I can suggest is writing support an email explaining what happened and the name/s of the rude gm's.

Edit:No it wasn't an ARK. I just sense someone will ask that so I'm getting ahead of that question.
    Edit2:Wow. The new edit message interface is buggy.

It's not an exploit really, it's "working as intended." It's how Blizzards raid ID system has worked for years, there have been many stories very similar. It happens even more often in Heroic 5-man dungeons, which use the same type of raid ID system. Blizzard has said the raid ID system doesn't work as "optimally" as they wish but they have no plans to overhaul it at the moment.

• BahbusBahbus Member Posts: 42

You should give LOTRO a try. I have never had a problem with this game or its developer Turbine. I have been playing LOTRO since the beta, and I have been playing Turbine's games since '99 with the release of Asheron's Call (still the best MMO in my mind). Turbine has always been quick to help, and has always corrected any problems I have had - assuming it was feasible that is. You got nothing to lose, LOTRO has a free trial on their site. They limit a few things you can do (to prevent trial spam) like mail and trade, but other than that it functions like normal.

• HoundeyeHoundeye Member Posts: 110

Best move he made was to cancel his account and leave, means some other MMO will get a decent player and not the pile of shite that is WoW. not saying that anything else is better mind you just that nothing out there really beats it atm lol!

FLAME ON!

• aubryaubry Member Posts: 120

edit: nevermind, I was just going to point out that it's not always necessary to throw a tantrum when something happens that you think is unfair...

But I will add this advice: Spamming GMs with 30 tickets due to a single incident, when they are already streched thin, isn't going to solve a problem.  If anything it's likely going to annoy them enough to go out of their way to be unhelpful - hence the cookie comment.  That cookie comment doesn't tell me that the GM was being rude, it tells me that you were clearly being a pain and the GM had finally reached the point that he had given up trying to deal with you.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Daffid011

Before i start, i will state that i am not a big raider/runner and have only recently started a few minor runs with my own and a linked guild together.

What i am confused about is the whole raid ID thing and the OP's description. I understand how the mechanics work from the above description, but doesn't the line;

"The guy joins long enough to get locked then announces his departure. He leaves the raid and says good bye. No problem youd think right? Except instead of leaving he has a friend invite him into another raid, meaning he doesnt leave the instance or get ported"

negate this being the case in this instance? or is that just simple confusion about what the guy actualy did?

Either way, i can understand the frustration that goes with a complete balls up like this, but i think you have to put these things into perspective! At the end of the day, it is JUST A GAME and if your whole gaming experience hangs on being able to complete one raid i think it was probably high time that you left really.

I don't mean that to sound dismissive in any way, but if a hassle like this gets you that worked up, you really need to step back and look at what yuo are doing there.

Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• fmnch35fmnch35 Member Posts: 79

Email [email protected]

They are slow to respond, but they will respond.

Oh...and 11.5 million players cant be wrong...right?

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235
    Originally posted by fmnch35

Email [email protected]
    They are slow to respond, but they will respond.

Oh...and 11.5 million players cant be wrong...right?

With his first two albums, Justin Timberlake has sold more than 18 million records worldwide alone.

18 million music fans were wrong.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366

That WoW has people acting like retards, is no new thing.

I am sure the "retards" are happy to make fun of you and your guild, if you continue to feed them. That is how they stay alive and that is ultimatly why they keep harassing all of you.

Be humble, dont feed the "retards" and you will get rid of them really fast. But be aware that since you already feeded them for so long, it will take a few days before they are gone for good.

• S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366

WoW is very popular even if you think it sucks. It is the best bet for any new player wanting to try out a MMO. You will more likely want to play WoW than any other MMo. Simple as that.

And there are people who dont like WoW, but those are very few compared to what numbers other games have.